ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs UMass / Game Thread

Offense at Rutgers is cursed. Cursed. Somehow horrible teams small schools pathetic no name coaches can put offenses together, and Rutgers is stuck with this in men’s and women’s basketball and football. It’s not even fun

The other thing is Pike's teams in the past could rebound. So we used to limit teams second chance shots as well as bail out bad offense by getting easy put backs.

I’ve been a fan for 40 years. Last two years were great. So, no, I won’t go anywhere because I’m an actual fan.
Yeah pal so am I!!!! I too have been a fan for MORE than 40 years and have given ten's of thousands of dollars to the athletics department. So STFU!

Did we have a timeout at the end there? I can’t find out if we did or not?

well then we'll never win. another thing that I'll never shut up about. 3 POINT SHOOTING IS NOT OPTIONAL.ITS HOW YOU WIN.

UMass shot the fracking lights out. Have we ever done that since 91?? Maddening.
I'm on your side.

We did it against Indiana last year.

Glad I didnt watch and just followed the score would have broke something

What's crazy so far this season, we have seen smaller schools with kids who can shoot 3's on a regular basis. You would think Pike would have learned that lesson a long time ago, that we need kids we can rely on. But noooooooo. We get also rans who can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Reactions: biazza38
Couldn’t wait for MBB season to start because football was such a downer. Who knew???
Football was actually great. 5-7 with solid improvement. Some ugly games in the process, but seeing a team with heart was nice

Reactions: RU MAN
I think I need a break from Rutgers revenue sports
I’m afraid to watch the wrestling match tonight vs UNC … complete the trifecta … MBB isn’t good, Football isn’t good, WBB isn’t good.

WSoccer hitting the final four guaranteed losses by football, MBB and WBB (0-3 in Paradise Jam).

Every good win equates out to 5 bad losses.

Reactions: TonyLieske
Glad I didnt watch and just followed the score would have broke something
I couldn't watch it because the B1G+ didn't carry it. And I don't get SNY because I live in California. Instead, I watched the score on my phone deteriorate from a 17 point lead to a 2 point loss.

Reactions: cRURah
What's crazy so far this season, we have seen smaller schools with kids who can shoot 3's on a regular basis. You would think Pike would have learned that lesson a long time ago, that we need kids we can rely on. But noooooooo. We get also rans who can't hit the broadside of a barn.
He runs a terrible offense. Even if we got shooters, they’d never be open. All of his deficiencies are finally catching up to him.
Terrible offesne
Terrible recruiting
We leave shooters wide open.
my god coach, figure it out

He built this team with Big Ten size/athleticism.

Problem is no one can shoot on this team. Even Harper suddenly became a suspect shooter.

I feel bad for Cliff because better teams will just collapse on him.

I’m afraid to watch the wrestling match tonight vs UNC … complete the trifecta … MBB isn’t good, Football isn’t good, WBB isn’t good.

WSoccer hitting the final four guaranteed losses by football, MBB and WBB (0-3 in Paradise Jam).

Every good win equates out to 5 bad losses.
Football isn't good because we have nothing. Its excusable I'm pretty surprised we won 5

Basketball no way we should be losing to these chump teams and having death matches with f***ing Merrimack. Where the F is Merrimack anyhow.

I think I'm going to cry. I'm thinking 4 wins in B1G play. We are going to get absolutely killed from the outside and down low. CO will be in foul trouble every game and does not have the game or court intellect to carry us.

Football was actually great. 5-7 with solid improvement. Some ugly games in the process, but seeing a team with heart was nice

Beg to differ. 5-7 likely worst we could do with that schedule. No QB, no offense at all. Defensive efforts at times but nothing on other side of ball. When your punter is best player, just sayin. Like I said downer.

Reactions: TRKnight
He built this team with Big Ten size/athleticism.

Problem is no one can shoot on this team. Even Harper suddenly became a suspect shooter.

I feel bad for Cliff because better teams will just collapse on him.
Mike, I understand that. But you still have to have balance and we don't have under Pike a balanced attack both inside and out. So at least play good solid defense and rebound. We don't even do that this season. We keep fouling 3 point shooters and give too much space for their better shooters to get their shots off. Today was a total failure of epic proportions.

Reactions: miketd1
Allowing that kid to walk the ball up. Hysterical. I’ll say it again, I am really looking forward to caleb’s graduation. The worse is knowing too the inevitable of a really really bad season like maybe 5-6 wins, no real recruiting depth for next year, three guys leaving for next year (from an already bad team) which will lead to another projected bad year next year. cant wait.

Wow, we had a timeout there at the end. You need to call it to set up your D. That is a fireable offense right there

you have to know that

Reactions: shields and RU MAN
I couldn't watch it because the B1G+ didn't carry it. And I don't get SNY because I live in California. Instead, I watched the score on my phone deteriorate from a 17 point lead to a 2 point loss.

Game was streaming on NBC Sports.

That was a loss waiting to happen, you could see it coming from a mile away. The most shocking thing was Paul didn’t get the offensive foul called on him.

Beg to differ. 5-7 likely worst we could do with that schedule. No QB, no offense at all. Defensive efforts at times but nothing on other side of ball. When your punter is best player, just sayin. Like I said downer.
O3 is our best player so I’m just not going to take anything you say seriously. Especially when you think 5-7 is the worst we could have done.

Football was not great. Losers mentality if you think that way
Relative to basketball and where we were when Schiano took over. Everything is relative. I’ll take 5-7 when you consider we didn’t have a O line or a QB for most of the season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT