ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs UMass / Game Thread

Pathetic. Don’t care if they win another game all season. Let it bottom out so changes are forced to be made.

Easy to see it’s not their year … teams 4-4 on three pointers in last possession (2 by Lafayette and 2 by RU). Did you have any doubt

Painful way to lose again … blowing a 17 point lead. Too scared to shoot. Unable to hit a FT. 3/13 on Three pointers.

Reactions: biazza38
Gave up 85 points to UMass. Just a terribly coached team. Can't play D without fouling. Zero 3 point shooting. Pike's seat should be getting warm if we want to be considered a serious program.

Let's hear PIke give ALL THE CREDIT to UMASS in his post game. EFF YOU PIKE!!!!

We’ve turned into what we’ve always been. Maybe worse, frankly. Have not played one decent game. Every other team has guys that are hard to guard and can make three. We have a bunch of tall guys that can’t shoot.

I am going to f***ing say this until I'm god***n blue in the face.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE 3s . WE MAKE 3 3POINTERS THE WHOLE FRIGGING GAME . EVERY F***ING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY SHOOTS 3s EXCEPT US.

They played zone and dared us to shoot 3s and we just can't do it.

If you don't have 3 pointers in the scheme you can NOT win in college basketball. YOu get a team like this who gets hot and you trade 2 for 3 and they come back.

A good team doesn't build up a 17 point lead and then lose. We are NOT a good team. We are NOT even a bad team. We are a pathetic team coached by a rah-rah guy who talks about defense, but has no answers to a UMASS team that shoots 50% from 3 point land. Great job Pike!

Reactions: Rutgers56
This loss is even worse than Lafayette.No defense ,no Harper at crunch time and very little outside scoring.Where is the coaching adjustments that were needed to stop the 3 point barrage?

I have no explanation for what has happened to Pike. Guy no longer knows what he's doing.
We had Young and a healthy Geo who could create their own shot and bail out bad offense.

And Harper could actually shoot the 3 last year. He has seriously regressed.

I am going to f***ing say this until I'm god***n blue in the face.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE 3s . WE MAKE 3 3POINTERS THE WHOLE FRIGGING GAME . EVERY F***ING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY SHOOTS 3s EXCEPT US.

They played zone and dared us to shoot 3s and we just can't do it.

If you don't have 3 pointers in the scheme you can NOT win in college basketball. YOu get a team like this who gets hot and you trade 2 for 3 and they come back.
bac says we shouldn't shoot threes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT