ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs UMass / Game Thread

Pike is flirting with a Fred Hill Jr/Eddie Jordan type season.

Never should have declared this to be his best team ever.

You can see something's not right with Harper. He's launching the ball from his waist. He is stagnant. I doubt he changed his shooting style . Caleb used to have that mid-range jump and look scared to shoot

Gonzales-Agee played 13 minutes and scored 14'pts, 1.077 points per minute and Pike went AWAY from playing him in the second half!!!!!!

Reactions: bac2therac
We lost? I checked this thread when we were up big and thought well umass stinks so this is no gauge to how good we are. We lost! Omg. We stink. Did the team get to comfortable with the big lead? Stomp on there neck. I’m sick of these heavy rotations to get people playing time. I’m sure that’s what happened without even watching. Everyone else we play just rides their hot hands all game we sub in and out like crazy

Any reason Hyatt barely played 2nd half, if at all? I was torturing myself flipping back&forth with the fball game so don't know if he was hurt or what but I really need an explanation why Palmquist played more minutes in the 2nd half as Hyatt sat.

he wasnt good when he was in but still inexcusable not to find more minutes in a game like this

well then we'll never win. another thing that I'll never shut up about. 3 POINT SHOOTING IS NOT OPTIONAL.ITS HOW YOU WIN.

UMass shot the fracking lights out. Have we ever done that since 91?? Maddening.

3-13 for RU compared to 16-32 and I have a hard time believing these UMass guys are such coveted recruits

3-13 for RU compared to 16-32 and I have a hard time believing these UMass guys are such coveted recruits

Its weird. Its been for so long now with this program that its almost we TRY to not make shots.

Of course its recruiting but it was just 2 years ago that I urged McConnell to shoot more because he was pretty good at shooting. Mulcahy last year showed a lot of 3 point prowess. Harper and Geo were at some point in their careers pretty good 3 point shooters. It just never improves. I don't know maybe thats coaching but I doubt it. Thats individual play.

Reactions: RUfubar
jones...its criminal

f this defense thing that everyone has been on him..he played well on both ends today, overall the team defense is trash so why does Jones get that label when so many others are atrocious....Caleb, Paul
He was good defensively today??????

no.

Its weird. Its been for so long now with this program that its almost we TRY to not make shots.

Of course its recruiting but it was just 2 years ago that I urged McConnell to shoot more because he was pretty good at shooting. Mulcahy last year showed a lot of 3 point prowess. Harper and Geo were at some point in their careers pretty good 3 point shooters. It just never improves. I don't know maybe thats coaching but I doubt it. Thats individual play.
Exactly.

Rec basketball you aren’t allowed to play zone because everyone would pack the middle and no one would score. I can’t believe Rutgers was exhibit A. They dated us to shoot and we didn’t. We are so afraid to miss.

Reactions: PatrickRU92
O3 is our best player so I’m just not going to take anything you say seriously. Especially when you think 5-7 is the worst we could have done.

O3 hasn’t played in almost a month. Not a factor currently. Three OOC wins plus UI and IU so yeah worst we could do. But thanks for playing.

O3 hasn’t played in almost a month. Not a factor currently. Three OOC wins plus UI and IU so yeah worst we could do. But thanks for playing.
Lol, O3 is our best player. Melton is better than our punter too.
ILlinois also beat PSU, Minnesota, and Nebraska. We had two walk ons on our online and a converted D line on our o line. Illinois is not horrendous. Cuse in the dome also turned out to be a solid win. Is anyone we beat great? No, but you can’t chalk those up as wins before the season started. We we 10 point underdogs to Liberty in Ash’s last year, yet you think 5-7 is the worst we could have done this year? I don’t think you truly understand how bad we were two years ago. There are still a lot of holes GS has to fill

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT