ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestleoffs Oct 26 @2pm

Pagano had a minor injury. What does JoJo want? My bet would be he wants to wrestle and will. Just think of this, we could start r-frosh Aguilar, freshman Alvarez, freshman Jojo, freshman Turley and redshirt freshman Janzer. Young and bad!

Think I read a post from jojo’s father on one of the Facebook pages that he wanted to wrestle not redshirt.

I hear ya,,,,,
If he does win the 141 spot, Does Lipari win the 149?
or
Do we have a Star Trek moment
"the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one"

I am not sure we have a National Qualifier at 149 so our lineup may actually be better with Aragon and Lipari going 141 and 149

I hear ya,,,,,
If he does win the 141 spot, Does Lipari win the 149?
or
Do we have a Star Trek moment
"the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one"

I am not sure we have a National Qualifier at 149 so our lineup may actually be better with Aragon and Lipari going 141 and 149
You are assuming Lipari could beat Santos for the 149 spot ...does WNG have any insight into how that matchup would fare...this is assuming they let Aragona wrestle at the spot he just won ....lots could depend on tournament results as well as the matches today

Easy conversation. You beat a RSR national qualifier in OT but not an AA. Redshirt and you'll be a 4x AA, like Ashnault. Next.

Huh? He's a national qualifier, but (and I don't mean to denigrate anyone) that doesn't mean much. We need AAs and national champs. JoJo should redshirt and be in a much better position to AA 4xs rather than be a national qualifier this year.

What do you mean “huh”. I agree he could benefit from a RS... never disputed that but to come in after 1 month and take out a wrestler with a year of collegiate experience at 141 (not 125) including a win at the national tournament is a huge step for this kid. I’m just getting the feeling that just because he didn’t spank Lipari that some are disappointed and feel he’s not ready to make real noise this season. I disagree.

With that said, my guess is he sits this year.

Lipari is good and improved over last year so that win by Jojo was huge. Aguilar is also improved and watch out for Kanniard. He is improving.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
What do you mean “huh”. I agree he could benefit from a RS... never disputed that but to come in after 1 month and take out a wrestler with a year of collegiate experience at 141 (not 125) including a win at the national tournament is a huge step for this kid. I’m just getting the feeling that just because he didn’t spank Lipari that some are disappointed and feel he’s not ready to make real noise this season. I disagree.

With that said, my guess is he sits this year.
I'm not disappointed but he should RS to be even better next year and have 4 years to make noise. Simple as that. Lipari isn't on anyone's AA list so a win over him is ho hum on the national stage.

Fresno st, Bakersfield and Maryland are the main duals prior to the Scuffle.Jan 10 Ohio St dual would be the earliest I think Goodale pulls Aragona.Will have plenty of data to go by then.Plus right now Lipari and Aragona are close come January if Aragona is out competing him then he will go.

No Rutgers Wrestlers are listed on the pre-registered wrestlers for the Princeton Open. Doesn’t mean some won’t be there. Pozanski is thought so that is good to see.

I love seeing Poz registered for these open events.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT