ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling ---- NCAA Tournament / Updates & Results (All Sessions)

Long break between the Lewis match and Perrotti's . They haven't even announced his mat yet, have they ?

Richie Lewis recaps the first NCAA Championships win of his career

CdxJ0XrW0AA1aj_.jpg
Would be great if we could hear what he had to say!

Reactions: Tango Two
I thought Dip wrestled tough. I've said it before and i'll say it again,he gets outmuscled.Giraldo looked spent.It is definitely the weight cut.I'd like too see Giraldo go to 157 or 149,depending where Theobold lands.

I thought Dip wrestled tough. I've said it before and i'll say it again,he gets outmuscled.Giraldo looked spent.It is definitely the weight cut.I'd like too see Giraldo go to 157 or 149,depending where Theobold lands.
Thats a pretty big jump. Ive been watching AG since his youth days, hes always been a great wrestler, but with this lineup hes in a tough spot. Hes going to have to get alot stronger to compete at those weights. Did he redshirt yet?

BOOM ! Quick Pin by AP, a wild scramble and AP winds up on top, and quick rock a bye cradle !

Love the shout out on ESPNU about the Rutgers crowd getting loud for Perrotti's pin & east coast feel.

Reactions: KidDagger
FYI current Team Standings:

1 - 30 Next 30 Teams
Team Season Team Abbr Count Points
1. Penn State, PA Penn State, PA (GET) PSU 9 12.0
2. Ohio St., OH Ohio State, OH (GET) OHST 8 11.5
3. Nebraska, NE Nebraska, NE (GET) NEB 10 8.0
4. Iowa, IA Iowa, IA (GET) IOWA 9 7.5
5. Rutgers, NJ Rutgers, NJ (GET) RUT 10 6.5
6. Oklahoma St., OK Oklahoma State, OK (GET) OKST 10 6.0
6. Virginia Tech, VA Virginia Tech, VA (GET) VT 8 6.0
8. Missouri, MO Missouri, MO (GET) MIZZ 9 5.0
8. Northern Iowa, IA Northern Iowa, IA (GET) UNI 5 5.0
10. Illinois, IL Illinois, IL (GET) ILL 6 4.5

Wow, that Gordon Wolf of Lehigh wrestled fearlessly and picked off the Iowa wrestler

Bak wrestled tough.,....was In on 2 good shots, but got reversed on 1st one and didn't complete 2nd.
Rode him hard in 3rd but couldn't turn.

If he could have completed that 1st shot would have been a different match.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Bak loses 7-0. Not sure why he wouldn't immediately cut the guy in the 3rd once he got the riding time under a minute. More confidence on turning the guy because he's so strong on top?

(Note, I can only follow through trackwrestling at work, so maybe I'm understanding it wrong.)

Navy kid about to pull a big upset over Ramos of UNC at 174!

Nobody really had a chance to challenge Nickal anyway, in my mind. Really weak weight class overall. But that's why they wrestle!
True.

Gravina with a nice TD but then is very sloppy to get reversed & give up a TD after getting the escape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT