ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling vs Maryland / Match Thread With Post Videos

125- Suriano vs Cray
1st - Suriano up 9-5
2nd. Suriano up 21- 7
Suriano by TF

Gravina's shoulder pops out...doc pops it back in place....OUCH
He continues to wrestle

How come the only fans I see on the flo broadcast are the ones on the field level right next to the mat? Whenever there is a shot of the lower stands, there is absolutely no one there.

If I were wrestling in this weather, I'd be going old school with tights.

My positives (Watching from internet)
125 - NS, As expected
141 - MVB, hopefully he will win this match later in the season.
165 - JVB, offensive machine
197 - Mulligan, was Maryland starter that bad?

My positives (Watching from internet)
125 - NS, As expected
141 - MVB, hopefully he will win this match later in the season.
165 - JVB, offensive machine
197 - Mulligan, was Maryland starter that bad?

Yes the 197 was bad. Not sure why Whisler didn’t go for Terps? He would have been a nice match

I was there. Nice atmosphere. PA guy terrific. I’ll guess on the attendance somewhere like 6-7,000. Most came in 15 minutes before match started.

another friendly PSA: all the matches are archived on FloWrestling in case you missed it. You do need a FloPRO account to watch them though. BTN Plus will have them too but will also require a subscription.

http://www.flowrestling.org/event/256580-maryland-at-rutgers-2017-ncaa-men-s-wrestling/videos

Looked the PA at the dual was Bryan Hazard. He is terrific imo as well.
I would imagine Bryan is in town to do the ASC tomorrow in Princeton. Best in the Biz...

I was there. Nice atmosphere. PA guy terrific. I’ll guess on the attendance somewhere like 6-7,000. Most came in 15 minutes before match started.

Last year for Princeton I think there was 16,178 in attendance.

How come the only fans I see on the flo broadcast are the ones on the field level right next to the mat? Whenever there is a shot of the lower stands, there is absolutely no one there.

If I were wrestling in this weather, I'd be going old school with tights.

There was no need for tights. It was warm, and with the sun out, I bet it was even warmer on the field/mat.

Gross over matched so far

Hemida is HUGE

As I watched this match, the mismatch reminded me of Rocky vs. Drago in Rocky IV.

Reactions: koleszar
The they're Warriors commentary during the Gravina match was cringe worthy. The there's over 500lbs of human out there during the heavyweight match was funny. Nice fun day today, it was warm during the match, right in the sun. We had to take off a few layers and I was still sweating in a sweatshirt.

Van Brill Loses 10-9

From the stands it almost looked like M. Van Brill let his opponent up to neutral so he could take him down, but there was not that much time left. Does anyone have insight on the last few seconds of that match?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT