ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Hart & others have reached out to Hobbs in Support of Schiano

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
Per Politi's story:
"None of the three Patriots have talked to Schiano recently or reached out to Rutgers athletic director Patrick Hobbs to voice their opinions. One former Rutgers player, however, is working to make sure the football alumni are heard. Ryan Hart, the quarterback on Schiano’s first bowl team in 2005, said that group of football alumni “incredibly eager to get in front of (Hobbs) and voice our opinions” before, as many expect, the search moves along without the former coach. It is unclear if or when that will happen, but they deserve to at least have a voice in the process."

Thanks for posting that @R1776U !

So let me get this straight...

It looks like people within Rutgers (Hobbs and Brown) want someone besides Schiano and former players and some donors and fans here want Schiano.

I think Rutgers will have to end up at least talking with Schiano just to avoid backlash.

IF... these rumors are true. Who knows what is real or isn't at this point.

Last edited:

It looks like people within Rutgers (Hobbs and Brown) want someone besides Schiano and former players and some donors and fans here want Schiano.

I think Rutgers will have to end up at least talking with Schiano just to avoid backlash.

Brown doesn't want Schiano?

I agree with you most of the time, but where did you read or get the statement in bold?

It has been clear from day one that the search would be a full search and extend to November. Hobbs said at his press conference after Ash was fired that he finds former player input valuable in making a decision. If anything, the statements from the Macs and Ryan Hart will be a plus in Schiano's column.

Just don't get those that think RU should terminate the process and simply hire Schiano. Considering that he may ultimately not want the job, don't you think Hobbs and RU should consider a range of candidates in case their #1 choice (be it Schiano or someone else) falls through?

People need to relax and stop making assumptions and intimating what Hobbs and Brown "want." Only Hobbs and Brown know what they want, and it is probably to early for them to know if they definitely want to don't want a particular candidate.

The search and hiring process is being handled by Hobbs and Brown as stated by Hobbs during his press conference. So knowing that you can take these rumors with a grain of salt.

So when you hear a rumor that says that Rutgers wouldn't give Schiano the time of day, you know it is BS. Just because they are looking at ALL OPTIONS doesn't mean that Schiano won't be considered.

Most of us want a real search not a fake one, right?

Reactions: Wolv RU
I agree with you most of the time, but where did you read or get the statement in bold?

It has been clear from day one that the search would be a full search and extend to November. Hobbs said at his press conference after Ash was fired that he finds former player input valuable in making a decision. If anything, the statements from the Macs and Ryan Hart will be a plus in Schiano's column.

Just don't get those that think RU should terminate the process and simply hire Schiano. Considering that he may ultimately not want the job, don't you think Hobbs and RU should consider a range of candidates in case their #1 choice (be it Schiano or someone else) falls through?

People need to relax and stop making assumptions and intimating what Hobbs and Brown "want." Only Hobbs and Brown know what they want, and it is probably to early for them to know if they definitely want to don't want a particular candidate.

I see that if you don't read my whole post it makes it seem like I believe that, I was just recapping the rumor, not trying to start a new one, LOL. the last line is my own take on it. Sorry that is wasn't super clear, I will edit it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Per Politi's story:
"None of the three Patriots have talked to Schiano recently or reached out to Rutgers athletic director Patrick Hobbs to voice their opinions. One former Rutgers player, however, is working to make sure the football alumni are heard. Ryan Hart, the quarterback on Schiano’s first bowl team in 2005, said that group of football alumni “incredibly eager to get in front of (Hobbs) and voice our opinions” before, as many expect, the search moves along without the former coach. It is unclear if or when that will happen, but they deserve to at least have a voice in the process."

MONEY talks way more forcefully than an opinion.

I wonder if Ryan is one of the Legions of ex FB players who donate nothing back. I hope not.

MONEY talks way more forcefully than an opinion.

I wonder if Ryan is one of the Legions of ex FB players who donate nothing back. I hope not.

He's a season ticket holder but I don't know how much he gives beyond that.

The couple of people I know who know Brown (I've met him, but don't "know" him) say that Brown and Schiano are tight and that Schiano would be high on Brown's list. Doesn't mean Schiano gets hired, but I have no idea why anyone would say Brown "wants someone other than Schiano." Hobbs maybe, but not Brown.

Per Politi's story:

Great more people that are living in the past. You people are maddening honestly. I’m sorta hoping now St Greg really is hired. My hope of seeing a good product on the field is already at an all time low.

Great more people that are living in the past. You people are maddening honestly. I’m sorta hoping now St Greg really is hired. My hope of seeing a good product on the field is already at an all time low.

To your point, my morbid curiosity can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if we hired Schiano for 5 years at $4M per and never get past 3 wins in any given season.

Reactions: Hardslider21
To be followed with Rutgers hiring Kyle Flood instead of the Toledo coach from 4 years from now who is kicking ass like Jason Candle. It's the Rutgers way of doing things.

We joke but don't look now, Kirk Ciarroca is a hot commodity and people are keeping an eye on him as HC candidate.

We joke but don't look now, Kirk Ciarroca is a hot commodity and people are keeping an eye on him as HC candidate.
Joe Rossi being mentioned as a HC candidate? Heard several broadcasts were the announcers were praising him.
How times change.
Sometimes it's not the coordinators. It's the players, the head coach, or a combination thereof.

Sounds about right.
I hadn't looked at this before. Very impressive to see Dax Strohmeyer in that top tier.

I don't tell anyone how to spend their money but I did a search on a lot of millionaire athletes and they don't show up anywhere. Wow.

Reactions: RUskoolie
To your point, my morbid curiosity can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if we hired Schiano for 5 years at $4M per and never get past 3 wins in any given season.

It will be evidence that Ash dug a hole so deep, that it was borderline sabotage to help his mentor at Ohio State win B1G Championships.

you tagged the wrong guy... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Per Politi's story:
you can change ur sig ya know... unless of course we wanna be diabolical and confuse the living shit outta people[cheers]

i think the latter is funnier

For all we know, Greg Schiano may be Hobbs' first choice. but it behooves him not to say anything until the contract is signed. Otherwise, other candidates may lose interest if it's known that they're the consolation prize.

Back in 1996, Rutgers made the mistake of letting everyone know that they wanted Eddie Fogler as their basketball coach. Bill Herrion, a coach who was doing good things at Drexel, was initially interested. When Fogler turned the job down (and elected to stay at South Carolina), Herrion was no longer interested. (Most people believed it was because Rutgers made it apparent that Fogler was the first choice and Herrion did not appreciate this.)

For this reason, I hope Hobbs keeps a tight lip on the hire until the very end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT