ADVERTISEMENT

Sanu Traded to the Patriots

Hobbs better hire Schiano, the McCourtys, Sanu and Harmon are getting up there in age. He will need fresh blood soon.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
The Pats will be hard to beat.
It's great news for Sanu, but it's not like they weren't already hard to beat? Their defense has been treating NFL offenses like they're playing Rutgers every week.

Don’t even think the Pats needed to add anyone. They find 2-3 rookies each year along with backs and Edelman each year. Always weary of pats adding WR who they cut two weeks later, hope not for Sanu.

It's great news for Sanu, but it's not like they weren't already hard to beat? Their defense has been treating NFL offenses like they're playing Rutgers every week.

That's because their defense is playing like teh old Rutgers defenses....

:cry: I miss those days....

Reactions: koleszar
Don’t even think the Pats needed to add anyone. They find 2-3 rookies each year along with backs and Edelman each year. Always weary of pats adding WR who they cut two weeks later, hope not for Sanu.

You don't cut a player in 2 weeks who you gave up a 2nd rd. pick to acquire.

True, I’m suprised they gave such a high pick up for Sanu who’s already 30. Didn’t think it was the Patriot way

Missed out or coach went Fubar with clock management after great catch by Jones?

Dan Quinn did not have his best game that day, especially the 2nd half. Had he won the Super Bowl, I think he'd get a pass for this year but right now he's a dead man walking. Would he go back to college? :Pray: :Praying:

My thought would be there is no need to point that out on a football board, but... oh yeah, what was I thinking??

Dan Quinn did not have his best game that day, especially the 2nd half. Had he won the Super Bowl, I think he'd get a pass for this year but right now he's a dead man walking. Would he go back to college? :Pray: :Praying:
I’m not judging his whole game because they did get out to a nice lead but the ONLY thing to do after that catch was run, run, run and kick a FG. No need to drop back and get sacked.

True, I’m suprised they gave such a high pick up for Sanu who’s already 30. Didn’t think it was the Patriot way

Belichick knows Sanu's ability better than Cincy and Atlanta. The last Falcon game I watched, the announcers kept repeating how bad the Falcs were in the red zone. They never went with Sanu. Sanu has real hands that catch anything - even without the gloves. Any contested balls are almost always Sanu's. He leaves DBs crumpled on the ground. Cincy was fixated to AJ Green, and the Falcs were fixated to Jones. They never used Sanu as much as they could have. Sanu threw long TD bombs, and then you rarely see the play again. Watch NE red zone production go up now. He can catch and throw the long bombs. He can block like a lineman. Sanu is great bang for the buck on a NE team that needs offensive help

They did mention this on the Michael Kay Show just now and Rosenbeg said Sanu traded to the Patriots. Kay says Belichick loves those Rutgers guys. LaGreca chimes in and says losses don't bother him. Kay responds who was that guy that coached him? They say Schiano and Kay says its all discipline. That is all.

Finally a team that might actually use Sanu the right way. He's so good in red zone but Falcons are obsessed with Julio Jones who is not great in red zone. Plus Pats been moving players around (LBs playing FB, RBs playing WR) and Sanu could pull-off some interesting moments. Maybe Sanu plays some safety yet lol
Good post, agree 100%

Definitely a first, lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
Great for Sanu and Patriots. AFC is over.

This . If you’re a KC or Balt fan forget about it. You’re might win your division but you’re not going anywhere. Don’t think that’s good for the league. NFL needs hoodie and TB to step away for competitive balance

As much as I despise the Pats I'm very happy for Mo Sanu. He is one of RU's all-time greats and one of my personal favorites.
Agreed. My all-time SBHS player, and good friend of my daughter. Then he picked RU! Still stays in touch with some of his old buddies. Great guy all around.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Sanu was one of my most favorite RU players I'm forced to root for the Patriots because of all the RU players now its even more so..
Agree with the other posters who noted how Sanu was under utilized... Can't wait to see what Belichek does with him he knows his skill level too well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT