ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano and his recruits

Need to get their butts in the seats by game time...it was at least the under 8 timeout before they showed up ...inexcusable
if they can't show up on time, just don't show up at all. I hope Pike speaks to Schiano about this (maybe Hobbes has to even get involved) and a major warning is given to Schiano. Maybe the 2nd offense results in coach getting barred from the arena

1. I am sure he has them somewhere else talking to them, showing them around, etc.
2. He probably also wants them to come in while the place is rocking hoping the crowd recognizes that and cheers for them.

Need to get their butts in the seats by game time...it was at least the under 8 timeout before they showed up ...inexcusable
Knowing Schiano’s penchant for punctuality and attention to detail, I have little doubt that there is a good reason for their arrival time, and therefore an “excuse.” Although Schiano doesn’t need an excuse for what he does since he essentially dominates the landscape of the athletics department.

Yeah I can see this scenario.
GS. Guys we need to get to the game
RECRUITS coach we all have a couple of more questions that are really important in helping us decide our future.
GS. Can't answered them now need to get to game

You guys have no idea why they arrived a little late and are bashing him. Really dumb idea. Do you really think the majority of people in stands were more concerned with where is GS n recruits or the game itself

Best of luck with that.
I thought the outlandishness of my idea would have let you know that I wasn't being serious.

What do people do now to indicate sarcasm? a <s> at the bottom of their post? We really need a universal sarcasm font to go along with bold, italics and underline

I thought the outlandishness of my idea would have let you know that I wasn't being serious.

What do people do now to indicate sarcasm? a <s> at the bottom of their post? We really need a universal sarcasm font to go along with bold, italics and underline
The OP or the title didn’t have a hint of sarcasm, so the key to indicating sarcasm if creativity fails is to put something like a “(cough cough)” somewhere in the sentence. Outlandish posts and expectations are commonplace around here so you’ve got to make a more concerted effort to prevent posters from taking you seriously when you don’t intend it.

Knowing Schiano’s penchant for punctuality and attention to detail, I have little doubt that there is a good reason for their arrival time, and therefore an “excuse.” Although Schiano doesn’t need an excuse for what he does since he essentially dominates the landscape of the athletics department.

I'm a 30-year football season ticket holder and love Schiano, but there is simply no excuse for last night. You plan ahead for traffic and anything else. It was a terrible optic for TV to have a "sold out" RAC for the biggest game in decades with a huge block of the student section empty for most of the first half. Hobbs should not allow this to happen, plain and simple!

if they can't show up on time, just don't show up at all. I hope Pike speaks to Schiano about this (maybe Hobbes has to even get involved) and a major warning is given to Schiano. Maybe the 2nd offense results in coach getting barred from the arena

lol. @Goku calling for Greg to be barred from
Building. Most crazy thing i have ever read in my life. What a dope.

with that said. Recruits should come in at the 17 minute mark of first half.

it is all a show. Schiano is purposely bringing them in late. i just hope he is not doing it to big time people. A "look at me" type thing.

Reactions: ScarletNut
If you know Schiano at all, you would realize that he plans everything down to the second. He has a reason for when they enter the arena.

...and it’s wrong. Nothing wrong with coming in at the first time out. To come in at the under-8 timeout just wrong.

...and it’s wrong. Nothing wrong with coming in at the first time out. To come in at the under-8 timeout just wrong.
Agreed, I get why he comes in late but out of respect for the team it should be after the first time out. That section being empty for most of the first half wasn't right.

I'm a 30-year football season ticket holder and love Schiano, but there is simply no excuse for last night. You plan ahead for traffic and anything else. It was a terrible optic for TV to have a "sold out" RAC for the biggest game in decades with a huge block of the student section empty for most of the first half. Hobbs should not allow this to happen, plain and simple!
Hobbs has zero say with Schiano.

And yet nobody anywhere but here made note of it. There's more to recruiting than television optics, and I'm sure that there are 30-year football season-ticket holders who didn't notice, don't care, and are still elated about the win last night. We can all find a pothole to complain about, but if the overall road system is in decent shape let's not go overboard with negativity.

And yet nobody anywhere but here made note of it. There's more to recruiting than television optics, and I'm sure that there are 30-year football season-ticket holders who didn't notice, don't care, and are still elated about the win last night. We can all find a pothole to complain about, but if the overall road system is in decent shape let's not go overboard with negativity.

It's about mutual respect between the hoops and football program. Prancing in 12 minutes into the game is disrespectful IMHO.

It's about mutual respect between the hoops and football program. Prancing in 12 minutes into the game is disrespectful IMHO.
I doubt there was anything prancing-like about it, since that's not Schiano's style. It was either planned in advance to happen the way it did, in which case Pikiell and Hobbs would have known about it, or perhaps something happened to one of the recruits that we are unaware of. For all we know one of their relatives had an emergency, one of the recruits fell ill, any number of possible scenarios. The most likely is that it was planned that way, regardless of what issues we may be creating here on our beloved board.

I want football to do well also but Schiano is parading recruits into a sold out RAC and living off the success of our basketball team. I sure hope he fills the football stadium and has an excellent team for when Pikiell wants to bring a few recruits to a game. I feel he owes this to Pikiell. The football team better be so much better next fall so our basketball recruits could see a rocking game.The football recruits should be in their seats when the game starts. Otherwise I feel it is disrespectful to our team. Many more students could sit in those seats.

Abro1975 posted the rationale for why recruits come in late.

The football recruits coming in a bit late is planned, so that the recruits get a round of applause from the students and the fans. Most other schools do it the same way.

I want football to do well also but Schiano is parading recruits into a sold out RAC and living off the success of our basketball team. I sure hope he fills the football stadium and has an excellent team for when Pikiell wants to bring a few recruits to a game. I feel he owes this to Pikiell. The football team better be so much better next fall so our basketball recruits could see a rocking game.The football recruits should be in their seats when the game starts. Otherwise I feel it is disrespectful to our team. Many more students could sit in those seats.
Why would you not want his ( actually our potential recruits) to not feel special ... you have witnessed our piss poor recruiting for 4-5 years right? I think as Rutgers “ sports “ fans we should cut him some slack ... if Schiano II works out we’ ll all be happy for our teams... if Pikiell isn’t offended and the BB team is good with it then this thread is mute.

There's a reason why it's called being fashionably late. It gives people an air of "I'm important" when you show up late to an event. You'll see big celebrities plant themselves and their entourage outside of clubs and wait until the line to get in gets super long, just so they can walk through the front door passing all those people. All in the name of displaying how much of a VIP they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT