ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano in accident

I don't know what it is, but Schiano-isms applied to new situations just rule the funny. This thread wasn't quite as good as the Schiano estate up for sale, but it was a damn fine effort. Thumbs up to all that showed up.

I do feel bad for the cyclist that got hit by a car, then thrown into the Shiano-ism "mix," though.

Reactions: Block R
When someone posted that this was in the Star Ledger, I thought that they were joking. I went to the NJ.com site and saw it. A coach who has been gone more than five years hits a bicyclist in another state and it gets reported here. Are you freakin serious?

Scarlet jerry

He was ticked the guy was in a corner position and did not look back, he had expected him to "backpeddle", fundamentals were all off...or were they? Schiano was quoted as saying, I know he has another gear when he gets going, it can really catch you by surprise!

I don't know what it is, but Schiano-isms applied to new situations just rule the funny. This thread wasn't quite as good as the Schiano estate up for sale, but it was a damn fine effort. Thumbs up to all that showed up.

I do feel bad for the cyclist that got hit by a car, then thrown into the Shiano-ism "mix," though.

My favorite was the guy who said

"That house is gonna sell on Sundays".

Reactions: FanuSanu52
"That cyclist we hit this morning is special. We're going to miss him on our drive to work tomorrow. Hopefully he will get back out there soon. We need him."

"We went 1-0 today on hitting cyclists. Tomorrow is another day, time to get to work on that."

"There are two things every man in America thinks he can do: drive a car and coach football."

r960-b5cd0f2147fe4822c57c0e21e82f624c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RU22 and FanuSanu52
No need to call the star ledger, this board has
already beaten them to it. And doing a great job by the way:)

Reactions: RU22
I'll be the first, hope the cyclist is ok and everyone involved move on. That said, someday Gary's driving will be he best driving....lol

The question is: does the Star-Ledger dig up this story 2 years from now and report it like it just happened?

Biker was "dinged",trying today to "get back in the mix"

6:50 am

Dont know if bike had lights on it

Bikes have become a real problem in Columbus as they run red lights & stop signs while driving in the road

2 other accidents in Columbus this week, the other 2 being fatal

It's not just Columbus. Try driving in Hoboken. Bikes and people alike walk through the crosswalks AGAINST the traffic lights, on their cell phones (walking...), without a care in the world. Soon enough someone is going to get killed.

Flood wouldn't have changed gears on time to hit the guy.

Flood was stuck in reverse the day they hired him and he sent us back many many miles as a program. Now we have a good driver, but he can't travel to far yet. Because the bridge is closed for a few years until he rebuilds it!

Been a rough couple of months for Gary. First he is outed for covering up kiddie rape and now he is up for attempted vehicular manslaughter.
You're right, he couldn't even blame the accident on sanctions and asked for leniency.

Ron Jeremy was involved in some kind of pedestrian encounter with a car. Unlike Schiano, I don't think Ron was at fault.

All joking aside, sounds like Schiano is pretty upset about the incident.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-s...cited-for-crash-with-bicyclist-160113402.html
Per the Dispatch, Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer said Schiano was “devastated” by the incident.
“I don’t want to get too much into it. Greg… that broke his heart,” Meyer said. “I don’t want to say much more than our prayers are with the young person (who was hit).”

Per the Dispatch, Schiano called 911 at the scene of the incident:

At the scene of the accident, Schiano immediately called 911 seeking help. The Dispatch obtained the recording of the call in which Schiano continually tells the bicyclist “Stay down, sir” as he speaks with the operator. Schiano goes on to say “A young man was struck by a car.”

Asked by the operator if the car was still there, he said “Yes, the car and the bike are still here.” He then identified himself when asked by the operator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT