ADVERTISEMENT

Section 118

Surprised no comments. What did everyone think of the new section 118?

Did anyone see the guy wearing a blue jacket. It look like a bad high school section.

I personally thought it looked fine too. I get it, RU needed to make more money and that was one way to do it. It probably looks better on TV than the short set of bleachers

Oddly it looks better empty than full.
Major mistake. Not worth messing with the footprint. Devoid of so called alleged high rollers. Manly leftovers from season ticket holders. Will miss it more next year when we’re borderline tourney good and want/need a loud intense, intimate, crazy, home court, intimidating, RAC crowd.

Reactions: ruready07
People would look better than empty high school bleachers or empty black seats last night. The bleachers held many more people so once we get real crowds, it would be better left the way it was.

I sat in 118 for years and loved it. After one of those bad seasons, I was able to move to 114 as folks didn't renew. I still had several friends in 118. Last night I was with another group in 216 and right next to me was an old 118 friend. He commented on how 118 was sooo much better and wasn't happy about being moved after 20+ years. You really felt part of the action down there. you could hear players/coaches/refs....and they could hear you. Just another example of the sterilization of sports in the quest for $$

Reactions: RutCorRx
I think its safe to say half way through the season that 118 is officially dead.

People just sit there, very little life, sitting there elbow on counter hand holding up chin.

It's "premium" seating. You're not going to have rowdy rabid fans there. But our whole 100 level fan base isn't much rowdier either (not that I blame anyone given the years)

The change to section 118 should truly be judged by .. is it making more revenue for the athletic dept than it otherwise would with season ticket holders?

Also I think it looks way better on TV now that its been painted black. The old bleachers looked so high school and if there was even one empty seat it kinda looked bad. At least with the new design you can't really tell if there's empty seats or not unless nobody is back there.

Reactions: RUskoolie
I think its safe to say half way through the season that 118 is officially dead.

People just sit there, very little life, sitting there elbow on counter hand holding up chin.

Mostly true, but last night there was a large man there who was very animated, waving his arms madly every time Nebraska took a FT. that cracked me up!

Reactions: RUKnights86
I saw more than a couple people wearing purple there during the Northwesten game. That's unacceptable
You know what I find unacceptable...

When they do the ticket/seat upgrades and the “winners” don’t have any Rutgers on.

Hey Rutgers Athletics, if you’re going to continue to do this don’t brag about it on social media.

Me and my family used to have seats in the first 2 rows of 118 back in the A10 days. Lots of good memories there and great energy during the Wenzel years.

Reactions: knightfan7
I for one, don't like the "new Loge". I get it and understand the economics of the change. I agree that the section really should have been for Students.

Any comments from disenfranchised Section 118 folks?

I've talked to 6 people that sit in 118 now and they all love their seats. Lots of room, as opposed to almost everywhere else that is cramped.

Best of Luck,
Groz

He’s the President of the Court Club.

I definitely caused Roby to miss 2 free throws. He looked right at me before he missed the first time.

Roby missed another (front end of a one and one) FT with about a minute to go in the first half. Fortunately there was a referee review right before that so I was able to recruit a 10 year old and his dad and we did that “Duke thing” where our arms were up to the left and when he was ready to shoot we quickly moved our arms to the right and of course Roby missed that one too. Hey, ya never know it could have been the difference in a one or 2 point game!

Regards,

Elliott

Mistake missing with the RAC as one of the toughest places to play when we are good. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Reactions: ruready07
Me and my family used to have seats in the first 2 rows of 118 back in the A10 days. Lots of good memories there and great energy during the Wenzel years.

I was in 118 from '89 to '10. Changed jobs which made it difficult to attend any games.

John Chaney would have liked it.
Interesting that you say that. I was thinking recently about Chaney and his habit of "reversing" the floor. He's the only opposing coach that comes to mind that's ever done that at the RAC. Coaches always want their team shooting in front of them in the second half... except Chaney. He didn't want his players shooting into the frenzy of the Rutgers student section in the second half, so Temple always shot with the section 118 backdrop after halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT