ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Major concert coming to SHI

Here’s the question I may not be totally grasping. If this concert is free to RU graduates from 2020 -2021 plus one guest. Do we believe the remainder of the stadium will be filled by actual paying customers ? If so is Snoop and Warren G doing this for free? Unless you expect a full house it would appear after paying for staffing , security , Piscataway officials and the performers we may not realize any monetary benefits. Parking and Covid19 mandate issues for vaccine, mask adherence will be interesting. Can we control the spread threat? Seems like a reach but it is funny how easily Rutgers is ok with this.

Here’s the question I may not be totally grasping. If this concert is free to RU graduates from 2020 -2021 plus one guest. Do we believe the remainder of the stadium will be filled by actual paying customers ? If so is Snoop and Warren G doing this for free? Unless you expect a full house it would appear after paying for staffing , security , Piscataway officials and the performers we may not realize any monetary benefits. Parking and Covid19 mandate issues for vaccine, mask adherence will be interesting. Can we control the spread threat? Seems like a reach but it is funny how easily Rutgers is ok with this.

Same … so we aren’t really making money. Sounds typical Rutgers … but if there are any issues you know our brothers at NJ.com will skewer us for weeks. Guess Holloway is reliving his youth good for Johnny.

Last edited:
Reactions: sami
Yes, you don't understand. It's a give back to the recent graduating classes who didn't have a commencement ceremony. They are also allowing current students to attend for free. So think of the costs as commensurate with a commencement ceremony.

Yes, you don't understand. It's a give back to the recent graduating classes who didn't have a commencement ceremony. They are also allowing current students to attend for free. So think of the costs as commensurate with a commencement ceremony.
Sorry but I understand totally. I’m glad for those recent grads and current students but that is not making needed funds for all the nice things we require . That explains how it got the ok of Piscataway’s elected pols. I sure as hell hope there are no incidents as that would not be something we need at this time. Enjoy the concert or whatever it is called in 2021. Is Martha Stewart part of Snoops entourage?

I think this is fantastic. Have schools without commencements done anything similar ? We know the schools have been hurting for money during covid and ru did something unselfish. Good for them !

????

stage location ??

why not give students best seats and then sell others ???

if stage was in south end zone why can’t you sell seats in north end zone for $20-30 ??? I’m sure most folks would pay more

my guess. police and security would cost a lot of 💰💰

Last edited:
Sorry but I understand totally. I’m glad for those recent grads and current students but that is not making needed funds for all the nice things we require . That explains how it got the ok of Piscataway’s elected pols. I sure as hell hope there are no incidents as that would not be something we need at this time. Enjoy the concert or whatever it is called in 2021. Is Martha Stewart part of Snoops entourage?
It's not a Trump rally or a country music concert. I think they'll be ok.

They'll make Athletics pay for it since it's being held in the stadium. If there are any incidents, NJ.com headline on Monday, " Rutgers Athletics has Several Incidents at Concert."

I have no interest in this concert, but why would this get togeather be any more likely to create “incidents“ then any rock concert? That assumption is part of the problem we have today. A double standard to a degree. Actually if a large portion of the crowd is stoned (not that I advocate that), it will be a pretty peaceful gathering. If there are incidents, NJ.com should absolutely report on it. They are a news organization, who should report what actually occurs. They are not a cheerleading squad for RU or anything else.

Reactions: RUevolution36
The concert will be
"like this and like that and like this and a,
Like that and like this and like that and a"
and like this, and who gives a F about love, Just chill to the next episode"

Should give tickets to recruits, i am sure they all know who he is.

I have no interest in this concert, but why would this get togeather be any more likely to create “incidents“ then any rock concert? That assumption is part of the problem we have today. A double standard to a degree. Actually if a large portion of the crowd is stoned (not that I advocate that), it will be a pretty peaceful gathering. If there are incidents, NJ.com should absolutely report on it. They are a news organization, who should report what actually occurs. They are not a cheerleading squad for RU or anything else.
Why ? because incidents always seem to follow our school.

Yes with a “stoned “ crowd of 20 somethings who probably also will be drinking .What could possibly go wrong?lol

There's also an important research aspect to this - The effects of marijuana on the spotted lantern fly. Great job by Rutgers for leading this innovative campaign.

That picture with the story.

Snoop-Dogg-1-1.jpg.webp

Also, he has a new album Algorithm coming out. Maybe he can write an Algorithm to make the Scarlet Knights ticket app to run smoothly?

Last edited:
Reactions: jtung230
He played the Ledge in ‘72 or ‘73.
Bruce also played Records Hall at that time. No seating. Everyone brought pillows to sit on.

He also did a medley of Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels as part of the show.

I’m 58 and would love to see that show. He’s probably the coolest funniest guys around If you didn’t see his Olympic talk shows this summer with Kevin Hart you missed out on some great entertainment
Same here...I also like enough of his music to enjoy the show...

Sounds like a great job by RU!

Granted Snoop was a bigger deal when I graduated, but I'd 100 percent trade a boring grad ceremony with speech by some politico for this concert.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT