ADVERTISEMENT

Seton down 20 to Prov

LOU-RU85

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Seton Hall down by 20 (5-25) at Prov. 10:50 in first half. Wow.

Way he is playing Powell can forget about Player of the Year.

Everyone has a clunker now and again. Fortunately, we took care of business today and don't have to rely on the Hall to improve our NET ranking.

It happens. Still wouldn’t count them out. Myles Powell can change a game fast.

Have to root for them the rest of the way. Someone can explain the quadrant wins if assessed at a point in time or at the end of the season retrospectively.

Providence has had some nice wins this year but really some bad losses. Its a game SHU has to win..bad loss...kills their chance at a 2 seed

Carino just tweeted that Willard said that there are attitude issues on the team and he ll go with 6 players if need be the rest of the way.

Providence has had some nice wins this year but really some bad losses. Its a game SHU has to win..bad loss...kills their chance at a 2 seed

For Seton Hall, being a 2 seed or a 3 seed really does not matter. I'm sure they were hoping to be a 2, but even if they drop to a 4, I'm not sure it matters that much.

For example if they played San Diego State as a 1, rather than a Duke, etc as a 2, could actually be beneficial to them.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: Fzacsattac
SHU cut the lead to 2 points with 7:42 remaining. I was sure SHU would pull it out but Providence played tough in the end game. Providence was up six when a guy fouled SHU with .2 of a second was left and a technical foul was called on the fans for storming the court before the game was over. SHU made all 3 foul shots to only lose by 3.

For Seton Hall, being a 2 seed or a 3 seed really does not matter. I'm sure they were hoping to be a 2, but even if they drop to a 4, I'm not sure it matters that much.

For example if they played San Diego State as a 1, rather than a Duke, etc as a 2, could actually be beneficial to them.

Best of Luck,
Groz

where it could factor in is their placement in the bracket...dropping to a 4 or even 5 seed worst case would send them out of NYC region...that is where they would like to be.

where it could factor in is their placement in the bracket...dropping to a 4 or even 5 seed worst case would send them out of NYC region...that is where they would like to be.

That is true.

Best of Luck,
Groz

SHU cut the lead to 2 points with 7:42 remaining. I was sure SHU would pull it out but Providence played tough in the end game. Providence was up six when a guy fouled SHU with .2 of a second was left and a technical foul was called on the fans for storming the court before the game was over. SHU made all 3 foul shots to only lose by 3.

A few weeks ago, I was seriously considering having the Hall win the entire thing in my NCAA pool. They were coming from behind and winning games late even on the road.....

something seems off now... they never should have gotten that far down
Yesterday..... and a couple of weeks ago they would have gone on to win yesterday's game, after closing to within 2, but could not do it at this point

Why does seton hall deserve such a high seed? They beat UMD - do they have other quality wins? Not trolling, just curious

Creighton
Villanova
Butler
Marquette
Maryland

However their recent losing makes them go from potential 2 to possible 4

https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/02/r...ts-seton-hall-players-with-bad-attitudes.html

I think this article would've made more sense if the 20 point deficit stayed that way throughout the game, but it was really a 6 point game when Providence fouled McKnight at the buzzer shooting a 3.....(yes, Providence fouled a player with less than a second left, up 6....)

There's an inherent negativity that the media feeds off of, it's almost everywhere on message boards, blogs....regardless if what team you follow, business and "clicks" are better when things go bad.....it's truly unfortunately the way it seems to go.... not just here prior to RU Illinois but in general.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT