ADVERTISEMENT

Shore Conference HS basketball.

I know the CBA student section can get on opposing players pretty good….perhaps the St Rose kids were trying to dish it too. Pike’s kid is pretty good.
St rose student section was relentless, well coordinated and loud. Since I didn't know young Pike was on the CBA squad, I was confused by the chant and thought it was typical elitist NJ Rutgers sucks attitude. I can understand it now. Very good atmosphere and the Hodge family seems very nice having seen them around Belmar. Wish Rutgers was in the picture but understand it with our incoming class.

I thought it was Avon.

But anyway, maybe we’re thinking of the time when a few of the Squan girls transferred to Point Beach for like a season or two. Something about a coaching change.

Anybody else remember that?

Familiar with the story.

There was some drama with the coaching at Manasquan. So the star players transferred to Point Beach but then there was a falling out and the Flaherty girl transferred to Metuchen and quickly had a season ending injury (before going on to score 2,800 points at Michigan).

I know the CBA student section can get on opposing players pretty good….perhaps the St Rose kids were trying to dish it too. Pike’s kid is pretty good.

St rose student section was relentless, well coordinated and loud. Since I didn't know young Pike was on the CBA squad, I was confused by the chant and thought it was typical elitist NJ Rutgers sucks attitude. I can understand it now. Very good atmosphere and the Hodge family seems very nice having seen them around Belmar. Wish Rutgers was in the picture but understand it with our incoming class.
CBA’s is known as the “Colt Crazies” and St. Rose call themselves the “Belmar Zoo.”

CBA’s is known as the “Colt Crazies” and St. Rose call themselves the “Belmar Zoo.”
I believe it, at one point the ref moved the inbounds play from right in front of the section to the side because the kids were literally in the inbounders ear screaming.

I thought it was Avon.

But anyway, maybe we’re thinking of the time when a few of the Squan girls transferred to Point Beach for like a season or two. Something about a coaching change.

Anybody else remember that?
Remember it well. They also wore out their welcome at Manasquan. The move out of point corresponded with an AD change. And the point AD didn’t like dealing with the parents demands. Those two can be a challenge to say the least.

Last edited:

“Some blueberry and tomato plants were harmed in the making of this basketball player. The scene: a driveway in Belmar, New Jersey, a patch of asphalt 10 feet wide. That's where Dara Mabrey learned to navigate past some exceptionally tough defenders, namely sisters Michaela and Marina, who went on to star at Notre Dame.”

Reactions: Scarlet1984

“Some blueberry and tomato plants were harmed in the making of this basketball player. The scene: a driveway in Belmar, New Jersey, a patch of asphalt 10 feet wide. That's where Dara Mabrey learned to navigate past some exceptionally tough defenders, namely sisters Michaela and Marina, who went on to star at Notre Dame.”
I see that. Crazy because I drove Dara’s father to a house in Neptune multiple times. Even bumped into him at a Point game when his daughter was playing there. Said he was still in Neptune. Stand corrected if true.

I see that. Crazy because I drove Dara’s father to a house in Neptune multiple times. Even bumped into him at a Point game when his daughter was playing there. Said he was still in Neptune. Stand corrected if true.
You might have the wrong man. I see that you referred to him as Leon. The father of the b-ball players is Roy.

You might have the wrong man. I see that you referred to him as Leon. The father of the b-ball players is Roy.
His name is Leon Mabrey. Goes by Roy. We made sure to always call him Leon to bust his balls. Plus you don’t think he liked to talk about his kids at work?

Last edited:
His name is Leon Mabrey. Goes by Roy. We made sure to always call him Leon to bust his balls. Plus you don’t think he liked to talk about his kids at work?

OK. It was just a possibility, since you called him Leon.

OK. It was just a possibility, since you called him Leon.

I could have sworn my sister said they lived in Belmar.

She would know. As she lived in Belmar and taught the kids at Catholic school.

(I was familiar with the family through Hoops America in South Plainfield.)

I might have it wrong.

Maybe the whole family just identifies as being from Belmar. Or maybe kapuna doesn’t know that parts of Belmar go all the way out to 35.

Stupid argument but they live in Belmar. The internet comes in handy sometimes - especially with uncommon names.

I could have sworn my sister said they lived in Belmar.

She would know. As she lived in Belmar and taught the kids at Catholic school.

(I was familiar with the family through Hoops America in South Plainfield.)

I might have it wrong.

Maybe the whole family just identifies as being from Belmar. Or maybe kapuna doesn’t know that parts of Belmar go all the way out to 35.

Stupid argument but they live in Belmar. The internet comes in handy sometimes - especially with uncommon names.
I live in the area and know Belmar quite well. Worked with Roy (Leon) for many years as stated above. They lived in shark river hills sounds like they may have moved at some point.

I live in the area and know Belmar quite well. Worked with Roy (Leon) for many years as stated above. They lived in shark river hills sounds like they may have moved at some point.

Not a huge poker player. Gonna assume “ru.in.ac” is.

You should have folded

Let us move on.

You have a screw loose.

Not a huge poker player. Gonna assume “ru.in.ac” is.

You should have folded
So you’re saying Leon is not Roy?

I admitted he must have moved at some point.
Don’t want to post his personal info. But look up
Leon Belmar. And you will see.

Let us move on.

You have a screw loose.
I have a screw loose? That’s rich. So now it’s name calling. Have a good night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT