ADVERTISEMENT

Should/Has the AD had a meeting with Rutgers Alumni in NJ Legis.

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
I know, I know,there are a few other things that our state legislators in Trenton should be concerned about,but I was wondering should we or have we had meetings with the New Jersey legislators in Trenton who are Rutgers alumni ? I don't know the exact number,but I think it is around ten. I have no idea if they would be willing to at least meet,but our athletic department should at least see if they are interested in what we have in facilities (for all sports) and what the rest of the Big Ten has. At the very least, when others in Trenton are spouting off nonsense about our spending,they will have some information to tell them why we need the money. Just a thought.

Bac,
I can't say I am really up on politics in Trenton. Is Lesniak on the level of Codey and Sweeney when it comes to influence among the other legislators ?

The State legislature has followed the model of kicking the can down the road in regard to the Transportation Trust Fund, Pension reform and Property tax reductions to just name three issues.To think they care about Rutgers athletics is pure folly other than for finding a way to participate in the actions of the Board of Governors.

JMM,
I realize that about the legislative body as a whole. I am just hoping we at least can reach the Rutgers Alumni in Trenton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT