ADVERTISEMENT

SHU game is a chance to truly get our season back on track and in balance

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
When people look our resume they see Purdue as a game we should likely never had won and Lafayette as a game we should never have lost ...they cancel each other out

Clemson and DePaul (DePaul from the big East) kinda cancel each other out

The SHU is the chance to make up for the umass loss .

If we can win Sunday and take care of the three remaining games in December at the RAC ...being 1-1/9-4 gives us 18 games ...to earn an NCAA bid without having to have a crazy big ten record ....probably need 12-8 total

This is a big swing game to get the out of confrence resume to NOT be a huge red flag for selection Sunday ...it’s an issue , but beating a likely NCAA team on the road helps a lot ....

I was thinking the same thing, Shack. It would be huge for us.

I know you agree, and it's an "and" to your point, none of it matters though unless we bring the same defensive intensity every night. It has to start there.

even with a loss to SHU, 10-8 the rest of the way in the Big 10 for a final 11-9 mark and assuming 3 wins over cupcakes puts us in bubble discussion at 18-13 but probably will need to make the Big 10 semis and get to 20-14

the issue without beating SHU is that the non conference schedule will be looked at as a huge negative, they will say, well you have two bad losses OOC and Clemson really is not a quality win that the committee is looking for

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I think we need 20 wins, but this can be 19-12 + 1-1. I don’t think it particularly matters whether these are in or out of conference but obviously beating Seton Hall would be a big step towards getting there.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I was thinking the same thing, Shack. It would be huge for us.

I know you agree, and it's an "and" to your point, none of it matters though unless we bring the same defensive intensity every night. It has to start there.

It all starts there

I love Jaden potential ..and Hyatt has upside .but right now, mag needs to be on the floor 25 plus minutes per game because he defends and those other two are lacking there

Even at the expense of some offense

even with a loss to SHU, 10-8 the rest of the way in the Big 10 for a final 11-9 mark and assuming 3 wins over cupcakes puts us in bubble discussion at 18-13 but probably will need to make the Big 10 semis and get to 20-14

the issue without beating SHU is that the non conference schedule will be looked at as a huge negative, they will say, well you have two bad losses OOC and Clemson really is not a quality win that the committee is looking for

Exactly ...plus we are assuming that the big ten grades out this year the same as the last two...it’s early yet , but my hunch is it won’t and the big ten is a 7 league bid league and not 9 or 10

Reallt We will need to be 11-9 with a SHU win or 12-8 with a SHU loss....

This SHU , 3 months out, has the potential to be a big swing game because it is out of conference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT