ADVERTISEMENT

Sina

I agree. He will not be here anyway. He was going to Alabama, then Northwestern, then Seton Hall and now... who knows?....

Poor kid is being shopped around vicariously to try to find the right fit when the right fit has been a lower level of D1.

It's a shame he passed up on a Northwestern education...that could have worked out well for him.

At the end of the day, the kid is not playing pro ball and Northwestern vs Seton Hall should have been a no-brainer.

His bball IQ seems good, but still hasn't translated as far as ppg/apg. He is a high iq player, but not sure he has the athleticism needed at this player. Needs that balance. I don't think he is a player to go crazy over because

-HS play hasn't translated to d1 play
-He's been to a lot of schools. Seems to really want all the attention.
- Doesn't have athleticism to go along with his iq. Williams does.

Grf, to me a basketball iq is knowing when to make a good pass and knowing when to keep a ball. Sina has shown the ability to keep the ball in his hands. I think that stems from basketball IQ and knowing when a pass is a good one and a bad one. He has less turnovers than Mack, Jack and Daniels.

That is one of my examples on what makes a player a more high IQ player. Williams has .7 turnovers for the year. I would like to see him play some point guard next year. Probably won't happen though.

I think Basketball IQ is one of those terms that people like to throw around but have very little idea what it means or how to explain it. 99.9% of the time, Talent wins....shoot better, run faster and jump higher.

In fact, I will start a thread and request real good situation examples of high basketball IQ.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
Ridge
FIG-

Small world. I too live in Basking Ridge and was at the Ridge v. Columbia game. The Lyons kid who hit the game winner for Ridge is a friend of the family. A very talented athlete (more so than Sina I agree). He will be playing soccer for BC. He's even a better kid - very humble and unassuming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT