ADVERTISEMENT

Top 16 reveal today

I've seen SDSU in person 4 times this year (I think). They are extremely tough when they are on their game. Ledee is a complete monster. Even if you don't think he's having a good game you look up and see he's got 20 and 10
He wa a monster last night. Love his game.

Reactions: Scangg
You dropping Wisconsin and Marquette who got boatraced byUconn today as well? Then of course they drop. But unlike Wisconsin who had lost 4-5 , South Carolina had only lost 1 game after winning 7 straight conference games. Just a little different.
Facts don’t work on you. Deflect and read anger into an internet post. You are a genius.
You seem angry to me. Or maybe you just talk like a jerk to everyone you disagree with?

its body of work...they have an excellent resume.....

6-5 in Q1
5-3 in Q2

overall NET 20

sos of 5, non conference sos of 15

6 wins vs teams projected in field

SOR 15

it will be close though....i dont know how a school like Dayton could get the nod over them tho to be honest
Wisconsin has played five really quality out of conference teams. They have wins over Marquette and Virginia, and losses to Arizona, Tennessee
its body of work...they have an excellent resume.....

6-5 in Q1
5-3 in Q2

overall NET 20

sos of 5, non conference sos of 15

6 wins vs teams projected in field

SOR 15

it will be close though....i dont know how a school like Dayton could get the nod over them tho to be honest
Wisconsin has played a tough out of conference schedule, granted, but three of those tough teams (Arizona, Tennessee & Providence) they lost to by an average of 15 points. They have not beaten a team above them in the B1G and have lost to two of the worst three teams in the league. They are not the 16 team in the land by any stretch, and any system that has them in the top 20 is pure h&%se sh&t. Leave the rankings to experts (former coaches) and not to computer geeks. It won't be long before AI determines the field of 64 - so sad.

Generations from now people will be looking back and saying " do you believe that back in 2000 people had to actually watch and think when making an evaluation?"

Last edited:
Wisconsin has played five really quality out of conference teams. They have wins over Marquette and Virginia, and losses to Arizona, Tennessee

Wisconsin has played a tough out of conference schedule, granted, but three of those tough teams (Arizona, Tennessee & Providence) they lost to by an average of 15 points. They have not beaten a team above them in the B1G and have lost to two of the worst three teams in the league. They are not the 16 team in the land by any stretch, and any system that has them in the top 20 is pure h&%se sh&t. Leave the rankings to experts (former coaches) and not to computer geeks. It won't be long before AI determines the field of 64 - so sad.

Generations from now people will be looking back and saying " do you believe that back in 2000 people had to actually watch and think when making an evaluation?"
after my analysis today, I still have them a 4 seed, debatably Dayton, Clemson or Creighton could replace them but by evaluating body of work, major wins and ooc play that is where I am placing them. They are no worse than a 5 seed even if you want to ding them. The metrics across the board are very very good. They built up alot in the beginning of the season.

what does that even mean, they have no wins vs schools ahead of them...there are only two Purdue and Illinois and they didnt even play Purdue so 0-1

They swept Michigan State, beat Marquette a 2 seed, Virginia, Nebraska and Northwestern...6 wins vs field

No loss outside Q2.....11 wins in Q1/2 6-6 Q1 5-3 Q2

SOS 4 OOC SOS 18

SOR: 19

the fallacy is you and others are giving more credence to losses than wins. That is not how it works. When you have other red flags like poor ooc schedule or performance, poor road mark, or poor overall record, that is when is when the losses get scrutinized

also Wisconsin is being compared to other schools profiles...this isnt happening in a vacuum

after my analysis today, I still have them a 4 seed, debatably Dayton, Clemson or Creighton could replace them but by evaluating body of work, major wins and ooc play that is where I am placing them. They are no worse than a 5 seed even if you want to ding them. The metrics across the board are very very good. They built up alot in the beginning of the season.

what does that even mean, they have no wins vs schools ahead of them...there are only two Purdue and Illinois and they didnt even play Purdue so 0-1

They swept Michigan State, beat Marquette a 2 seed, Virginia, Nebraska and Northwestern...6 wins vs field

No loss outside Q2.....11 wins in Q1/2 6-6 Q1 5-3 Q2

SOS 4 OOC SOS 18

SOR: 19

the fallacy is you and others are giving more credence to losses than wins. That is not how it works. When you have other red flags like poor ooc schedule or performance, poor road mark, or poor overall record, that is when is when the losses get scrutinized

also Wisconsin is being compared to other schools profiles...this isnt happening in a vacuum
You make a lot of good arguments for Wisconsin especially the metrics and tout 4 of their 6 wins against teams in the field but all 4 were against Big 10 teams in a down year. They also lost to Nebraska.

Where I am quibbling is you totally ignore they lost to Tennessee and Providence and got boat raced by Arizona that you seem to gloss over. Then they have lost 5 of 6 including losing to Rutgers not currently in the field and got boatraced by 22. That seems to me you are ignoring all the losses and the current losing streak. I just do not see them as a 4 seed but maybe a 5 or even 6 after their loss yesterday

Another genius. You subjectively say “ you seem angry to me “ and you call me the jerk. Look in the mirror and find yourself.
For better or worse your posts often read pretty angry. If you are not angry when writing these posts then you might want to think about writing them differently; the vast majority of people on the internet are going to read those as angry. And yes, tone does come through in text (though it's also much easier to misconstrue).

You make a lot of good arguments for Wisconsin especially the metrics and tout 4 of their 6 wins against teams in the field but all 4 were against Big 10 teams in a down year. They also lost to Nebraska.

Where I am quibbling is you totally ignore they lost to Tennessee and Providence and got boat raced by Arizona that you seem to gloss over. Then they have lost 5 of 6 including losing to Rutgers not currently in the field and got boatraced by 22. That seems to me you are ignoring all the losses and the current losing streak. I just do not see them as a 4 seed but maybe a 5 or even 6 after their loss yesterday
those are not bad losses, losing to tourney teams are not bad. They played a top 20 non conference schedule...lost some but won some. Losing at Nebraska is not a bad loss. Losing to Projected one and two seeds are not bad losses even if its by 20. Providence isnt a bad loss. The losing streak only matter in that it has prevented them from solidifying what they built up early. They built up alot of cache and now its still the same two weeks later. The problem for them is now other schools are catching up while Wisconsin loss total is rising.

For now they are still on the 4/5 line, yes if they do not get their act together they could fall to a 7 by years end or even 8/9 if it really gets bad. Its a tough last 4 for them...they ABSOLUTELY have to win at home over Maryland to stay on the 4-5 line. They can probably go 1-4 down the stretch and still feel safe about making the tourney. I saw a Xavier team a fews back projected in the same 4 range and lose 8 of their last 10 and miss the tourney. So these things do happen.

Reactions: goru7
those are not bad losses, losing to tourney teams are not bad. They played a top 20 non conference schedule...lost some but won some. Losing at Nebraska is not a bad loss. Losing to Projected one and two seeds are not bad losses even if its by 20. Providence isnt a bad loss. The losing streak only matter in that it has prevented them from solidifying what they built up early. They built up alot of cache and now its still the same two weeks later. The problem for them is now other schools are catching up while Wisconsin loss total is rising.

For now they are still on the 4/5 line, yes if they do not get their act together they could fall to a 7 by years end or even 8/9 if it really gets bad. Its a tough last 4 for them...they ABSOLUTELY have to win at home over Maryland to stay on the 4-5 line. They can probably go 1-4 down the stretch and still feel safe about making the tourney. I saw a Xavier team a fews back projected in the same 4 range and lose 8 of their last 10 and miss the tourney. So these things do happen.
And losing to Michigan and PSU? They're OK losses? Let truth be told - on a neutral court they're probably 3-4 points better than us, if that, and we won't even get in. We just needed to schedule better teams early in the season and lose to them and we'd be OK.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT