ADVERTISEMENT

Top 16 reveal today

I love that 3 big 10 made the top 16.

San Diego State at 14 shows the respect for that program and the Mountain West
Really impressed with SDSU, they play really fast and physical. Not sure ANY team in Big10 can keep I=up with them, maybe Illinois. They seemed to have an endless motor, didn't stop for the entire second half.

Why would a win streak matter? The order of wins has nothing to do with selection or seeeding. It’s overall body of work as of selection and in this case as of today.
Try winning 6 or 7 straight in any conference. Includes home and away games. In this year which has the highest % of home court wins at 71% in the last 20 years that is damn impressive and shows mental toughness. If Rutgers won 8 in a row , 6 ina row and then 7 in a row and were 21-4 , you would be clamoring for a 3 seed.

Try winning 6 or 7 straight in any conference. Includes home and away games. In this year which has the highest % of home court wins at 71% in the last 20 years that is damn impressive and shows mental toughness. If Rutgers won 8 in a row , 6 ina row and then 7 in a row and were 21-4 , you would be clamoring for a 3 seed.
Wisconsin won 8 of 9

You seem lost on how this works tbh
No . It is how are you as a team now. Body of work gets them in the 3,4 range until you look at their last 5 games. Their last 5 games with their only win against next to last Ohio State , they are not a top 16 team. The AP poll did them a favor and did not drop them out but dropped them to 21 which is a 5 seed at best. You can disagree with me but also all the media voters.

No . It is how are you as a team now. Body of work gets them in the 3,4 range until you look at their last 5 games. Their last 5 games with their only win against next to last Ohio State , they are not a top 16 team. The AP poll did them a favor and did not drop them out but dropped them to 21 which is a 5 seed at best. You can disagree with me but also all the media voters.

Its not how you are now

Its body of work to determine your seeding now

They have 11 q1/2 wins

Ap poll is meaningless

Its not how you are now

Its body of work to determine your seeding now
Wrong. It is a snapshot of how you are today. Check it. How many seed lines did we drop going 2-6 down the stretch before beating Michigan in the BIG 10 tourney ? I am waiting to hear you

Reactions: mugrat86
Wrong. It is a snapshot of how you are today. Check it. How many seed lines did we drop going 2-6 down the stretch before beating Michigan in the BIG 10 tourney ? I am waiting to hear you
What is your point? That the Committee doesn't seed properly and should weigh recent games more than early season games?

Its body of work to determine where you are now

Do you realize this is just a reveal..its not march 17

Ru dropped from a possible 7 to out because they lost alot...they didnt have Wisconsin resume..or non confere sos

In fact Rutgers had no ooc win. Mag wasnt coming back. It was an injury. Wisky doesnt have either

Wisconsin built a huge cushion but can fall back with each loss. Probably a 5 now

What is your point? That the Committee doesn't seed properly and should weigh recent games more than early season games?

hes trying to compare rutgers freefall without Mag to a bad Wisconsin stretch

For a myriad of reasons its not the same

But each Wisconsin loss will hurt their profile. Are they danger of falling out? 2 wins seal it and that would still at worst put them a 8/9

Wisconsin dropped from a 2 seed to a 4 seed with those 4 losses your mistake is not realizing how insanely good their resume was before those 4 losses

Yes. That is the point. Your favorite team just lost again. A 4 seed does not lose 4-5 or 5 of 6. Just as the Committee misseeds teams in the Big Dance all the time that affects matchups. Rutgers was absolutely screwed out of bid last year , so getting seeding correct makes a huge difference.

Yes. That is the point. Your favorite team just lost again. A 4 seed does not lose 4-5 or 5 of 6. Just as the Committee misseeds teams in the Big Dance all the time that affects matchups. Rutgers was absolutely screwed out of bid last year , so getting seeding correct makes a huge difference.

Its not March 17...this was done likely by February 15 if not the 14

The fact that Illinois and Wisconsin both was a good sign for the conference but apparently that point was lost on you

Wisconsin dropped from a 2 seed to a 4 seed with those 4 losses your mistake is not realizing how insanely good their resume was before those 4 losses
What are you talking about , how good their resume was ? They lost to Tennessee , got boatraced by Arizona by 25 , lost to Providence , borderline bubble team by 13 , beat a good Marquette team in a rivalry game and Virginia in a blowout for their out of conference resume. In conference swept Michigan State , split with Nebraska , beat Northwestern , lost against Purdue , have not played Illinois yet, lost to Michigan the worst team in the BIG 10 by a lot , who had lost 10-11 , and Rutgers , who was 11-12 in conference at the time.
Where do you see a team with a # 2 resume ?

You seem kinda mad. They're not my favorite team. The Committee had them as a 4 seed this morning, like it or not. We are just trying to explain their criteria/rationale to you, but apparently it's way over your head.

Obviously if they keep losing they won't be a 4 seed when all is said and done.

What are you talking about , how good their resume was ? They lost to Tennessee , got boatraced by Arizona by 25 , lost to Providence , borderline bubble team by 13 , beat a good Marquette team in a rivalry game and Virginia in a blowout for their out of conference resume. In conference swept Michigan State , split with Nebraska , beat Northwestern , lost against Purdue , have not played Illinois yet, lost to Michigan the worst team in the BIG 10 by a lot , who had lost 10-11 , and Rutgers , who was 11-12 in conference at the time.
Where do you see a team with a # 2 resume ?

Before their skid Matrix had them as possible 2

They had 6 q1 wins they had 10 q1/2 wins before the recent skid. They were 8-1 in league and i believe 15-4 overall. Their only BAD loss even in the skid is Michigan which is still Q2. They haven't lost a game outside q2

Reactions: ChipBanks89
You seem kinda mad. They're not my favorite team. The Committee had them as a 4 seed this morning, like it or not. We are just trying to explain their criteria/rationale to you, but apparently it's way over your head.

That is not the criteria and they were never a 2 seed no matter how many times BAC says so. Why do you think I am mad when I just hit you with facts not illusion ? The team we played a week ago and boatraced by 22 was not a 4 seed where the Committee put them , Seems pretty factual to me studying resume and watching them.

Its amazing how upset he was over the reveal. Its not a big deal. Its something fun to watch to see their early thinking but this level of ange i dont know

All we are doing is explaining the whys. Wisconsin did very well in non conference play. So carolina didnt and neither did Dayton

Reactions: fatsam98
That is not the criteria and they were never a 2 seed no matter how many times BAC says so. Why do you think I am mad when I just hit you with facts not illusion ? The team we played a week ago and boatraced by 22 was not a 4 seed where the Committee put them , Seems pretty factual to me studying resume and watching them.

You clearly arent functioning

on February 1 they were 16-3/8-1 with 6 quad 1 wins and 10 q/2 which led the country with a top 10 schedule. They were considered a possible last 2 seed over Marquette who they beat by the way

Its amazing how upset he was over the reveal. Its not a big deal. Its something fun to watch to see their early thinking but this level of ange i dont know

All we are doing is explaining the whys. Wisconsin did very well in non conference play. So carolina didnt and neither did Dayton
Facts don’t work on you. Deflect and read anger into an internet post. You are a genius.

After last season i want to cover bases

5% a good rule

There is a scenario out there where Nebby cant win a Big 10 game the road and Berry less Northwestern tanks a la Rutgers last season while Rutgers falls short and voila only 4 dance

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Oh look South Carolina drops 2nd quad 3 SEC home game to awful LSU

Net 50 probably drops 5-8 spots in the NET

BUT HOW COULD THEY BE A 4 SEED!

Wisconsin, imo, will drop out of the top 16 by the end of the regular season.

In fact, if we finish 11-9 including a sweep of Wisky, I believe we’ll be ahead of them in conference, due to the tie-breaker.

Oh look South Carolina drops 2nd quad 3 SEC home game to awful LSU

Net 50 probably drops 5-8 spots in the NET

BUT HOW COULD THEY BE A 4 SEED!
You dropping Wisconsin and Marquette who got boatraced byUconn today as well? Then of course they drop. But unlike Wisconsin who had lost 4-5 , South Carolina had only lost 1 game after winning 7 straight conference games. Just a little different.

Wisconsin lost to Iowa today so they’re already out of the 16.

You dropping Wisconsin and Marquette who got boatraced byUconn today as well? Then of course they drop. But unlike Wisconsin who had lost 4-5 , South Carolina had only lost 1 game after winning 7 straight conference games. Just a little different.
South Carolina has a net of 50 which will be mid 50s...wisconsin will be low 20s tomorrow.

South Carolina played a horrible non conference schedule and best there is Grand Canyon...they have 2 Q3 losses to LSU and Georgia. They are hanging onto a 5 seed right now and with their upcoming schedule its going to just keep going down

Wisconsin lost to Iowa today so they’re already out of the 16.
well thats how things work, its day to day

Dayton, Creighton, and Clemson were the other 3 schools that just missed out on that last 4. Personally I would go with Clemson but could see the Creighton argument.

South Carolina wasnt in contention for the last 4 by the way

Marquette is still a 2 today but its very close with Iowa State. Wisconsin a 5, South Carolina a 5

body of work and each game is part of that but only part of that

Really impressed with SDSU, they play really fast and physical. Not sure ANY team in Big10 can keep I=up with them, maybe Illinois. They seemed to have an endless motor, didn't stop for the entire second half.
I've seen SDSU in person 4 times this year (I think). They are extremely tough when they are on their game. Ledee is a complete monster. Even if you don't think he's having a good game you look up and see he's got 20 and 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT