ADVERTISEMENT

SKWC

RUPinned

Redshirt
Feb 23, 2021
Hi All-

I'm not a frequent poster, but I'm directly involved with the SKWC. I noticed a few questions coming up lately about funding and how the SKWC operates. A few other posters close to the program, who have given both financially and with their time have done a terrific job of describing our needs and ways to contribute. Now that the season is over, I thought it would be a good idea to share some thoughts...

The biggest way to become familiar with the SKWC is to join the Pin Pool, read our newsletter, look at our website, and participate in the coaches zoom meetings, podcasts, golf outing, and social events, ect. I personally believe coach Goodale and his staff are approachable and provide many opportunities for those interested to learn more about the program and it's direction. I think sometimes there are limits with what they can share, but to the extent that they can they do.

The SKWC currently employs 7 staff (a mix of full-time/part-time) to support the program. A majority of these roles are "on the ground" doing a lot of heavy lifting. In addition, at any one time there are upwards of 12 volunteers helping with events and supporting the website, newsletter, fundraising activities, ect. In addition the endowment has grown very nicely, thanks to some wonderful donors.

We have compared ourselves through third-party assessment to the other top RTC's. We are very competitive. The accomplishments of the athletes and the staff over the last number of years is nothing short of amazing, but when you outperform...the expectations always go up. Believe me when I say it, that no one wants to achieve more than those student athletes and the coaching staff.

I do not plan to go back and forth or share further comment on the funding, but hopefully this gives more perspective on the organization. To maintain the support levels above here is our wish list:

- It is not too late to contribute or double-down on the Pin Pool.
- The golf tournament participation or donations towards the golf tournament like hole sponsorships, ect...
- Any individuals willing to sponsor a role or give to the endowment feel free to reach out to Joe Pollard and he can assist with the giving
- It would be great if we could have continued and greater involvement from wrestling alumni. A great way to give back and be a part of the future!
- Make donations directly to our website
- Purchase gear and attire when we do pop-up teams stores. Any questions and Joe Pollard can help

Other ways to help Rutgers Wrestling:

- Become a season ticket holder
- Donate to the RFund

I hope everyone has a great summer!

Tom Perrotti

Hi All-

I'm not a frequent poster, but I'm directly involved with the SKWC. I noticed a few questions coming up lately about funding and how the SKWC operates. A few other posters close to the program, who have given both financially and with their time have done a terrific job of describing our needs and ways to contribute. Now that the season is over, I thought it would be a good idea to share some thoughts...

The biggest way to become familiar with the SKWC is to join the Pin Pool, read our newsletter, look at our website, and participate in the coaches zoom meetings, podcasts, golf outing, and social events, ect. I personally believe coach Goodale and his staff are approachable and provide many opportunities for those interested to learn more about the program and it's direction. I think sometimes there are limits with what they can share, but to the extent that they can they do.

The SKWC currently employs 7 staff (a mix of full-time/part-time) to support the program. A majority of these roles are "on the ground" doing a lot of heavy lifting. In addition, at any one time there are upwards of 12 volunteers helping with events and supporting the website, newsletter, fundraising activities, ect. In addition the endowment has grown very nicely, thanks to some wonderful donors.

We have compared ourselves through third-party assessment to the other top RTC's. We are very competitive. The accomplishments of the athletes and the staff over the last number of years is nothing short of amazing, but when you outperform...the expectations always go up. Believe me when I say it, that no one wants to achieve more than those student athletes and the coaching staff.

I do not plan to go back and forth or share further comment on the funding, but hopefully this gives more perspective on the organization. To maintain the support levels above here is our wish list:

- It is not too late to contribute or double-down on the Pin Pool.
- The golf tournament participation or donations towards the golf tournament like hole sponsorships, ect...
- Any individuals willing to sponsor a role or give to the endowment feel free to reach out to Joe Pollard and he can assist with the giving
- It would be great if we could have continued and greater involvement from wrestling alumni. A great way to give back and be a part of the future!
- Make donations directly to our website
- Purchase gear and attire when we do pop-up teams stores. Any questions and Joe Pollard can help

Other ways to help Rutgers Wrestling:

- Become a season ticket holder
- Donate to the RFund

I hope everyone has a great summer!

Tom Perrotti
👍

Reactions: DUForever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT