ADVERTISEMENT

Smikle and Cornwell Earn Women's Basketball All-Big Ten Honors

What??!!!

Mackenzie Holmes- Def. POY???

I would have gone with Sheyanne Sellers or Thierry from OSU.

Did they forget about Lasha Petree completely??? Not even Hon. Men.??? That's harsh!

Kaylene and Cotie was a pick'em, IMO, because they both had strong points to justify Frosh of the Year. I think, they both were justifiably 1st team. At least one of them (Cotie, since she won FOY) should have been first team instead of Shelley or Czinano. More likely, Czinano because she had a so-so year in my opinion. Not a major factor in key games that I watched. Iowa found their stride when they started using Stuelke for Czinano. Shelley was playing lights out early in the season but fell into a long slump midway thru.

The more I think about it, Kaylene should have been first team due to her outstanding play against all teams, even with the focus on her. Cotie didn't even do that(granted, she didn't have to with all the help she had). Neither Shelley nor Czinano were as consistently a force to be reckoned with as Kaylene.

Since the frosh didn't get the nod for first team, I think Sellers or Phelia deserved to be included before Czinano. Czinano just had a second team kind of year, IMO.

Just looked at the Media version.

I see they put Sellers first team with Shelley 2nd team. They also inserted Marissa from PSU. Kiser 2nd team?? IDK. Kiser, McMahon, and Smile would definitely get the nod for 1st team over Czinano.

Media also went with Jenae Terry for All-Defense,....no Thierry at all. ??

While it was clear Mackenzie Holmes has had an All-B1G year, IMO an All-American year also, I didn't realize how impactful she had been defensively. Block and steal totals are impressive.

Looks like the defensive player of the year for a team that was at the top defensively.

McMahan of OSU gets frosh of year
All GamesConf. Only
games
29​
31​
games
18​
18​
mins
798​
934​
mins
562​
585​
551​
351​
ppg
14​
17.8​
ppg
17.3​
19.5​
%
52%​
40%​
%
51%​
42%​
fta
135​
179​
fta
103​
117​
ftm
89​
140​
ftm
69​
96​
%
66%​
78%​
%
67%​
82%​
Reb
4.76​
4.5​
Reb
5.6​
4.6​
Asst
72​
50​
Asst
52​
33​
blks
58​
24​
blks
16​
12​
steals
22​
68​
steals
20​
44​

Blind resume. should have be co-Frosh of the year ..shocker.

Reactions: NBHPRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT