ADVERTISEMENT

Snorweah Leaving Rutgers

Ash is a frick’n loser. And so is our Program for keeping him.
and the longer Ash stays,the warmer Hobbs seat should become also. Hobbs only safety net is IF Barchi told him not to can Ash at end of last season to 'save money' even though ticket revenue and sponsorship revenue has gone south big time and the net loss $ will be greater in the end.

and the longer Ash stays,the warmer Hobbs seat should become also. Hobbs only safety net is IF Barchi told him not to can Ash at end of last season to 'save money' even though ticket revenue and sponsorship revenue has gone south big time and the net loss $ will be greater in the end.
Hobbs aint going nowhere. We also can't be hiring and firing ADs like hotcakes. He's raised more money then we ever could have hoped. He's doing a great job with basketball and olympic sports. The student body is behind him. He has excellent NJ connections. I think he'll get football straightened out one way or another.

Hobbs aint going nowhere. We also can't be hiring and firing ADs like hotcakes. He's raised more money then we ever could have hoped. He's doing a great job with basketball and olympic sports. The student body is behind him. He has excellent NJ connections. I think he'll get football straightened out one way or another.
Hobbs could stay on long term in some role in athletics due to his fundraising, but until a revenue team finishes above 500,or god forbid wins a conference tournament, Hobbs isnt doing a 'great job'.
There is ZERO track record to show Hobbs has any indication what hes doing in football due to the fact his only AD experience was at a school without a football program let alone at B10 power football level.
Football drives the bus,and Hobbs has the RU football bus up on blocks in the garage with no plan known to fix the mess.

Hobbs could stay on long term in some role in athletics due to his fundraising, but until a revenue team finishes above 500,or god forbid wins a conference tournament, Hobbs isnt doing a 'great job'.
There is ZERO track record to show Hobbs has any indication what hes doing in football due to the fact his only AD experience was at a school without a football program let alone at B10 power football level.
Football drives the bus,and Hobbs has the RU football bus up on blocks in the garage with no plan known to fix the mess.

Dude, like, for real, shut the heck up and enjoy your miserable life for once.

In what world has an AD ever taken a lesser role like the one you described. You don't have a real grasp on reality. Hobbs works his ass off. He nor any AD would never agree to do such a thing except for maybe in your head.

In what world has an AD ever taken a lesser role like the one you described. You don't have a real grasp on reality. Hobbs works his ass off. He nor any AD would never agree to do such a thing except for maybe in your head.
how do you know this? Barchi and BOG is his boss.
Then IF you want to go with that belief,then keeping Ash is 100% on Hobbs,is what you are saying.

how do you know this? Barchi and BOG is his boss.
Then IF you want to go with that belief,then keeping Ash is 100% on Hobbs,is what you are saying.
Why the f*ck would he accept a demotion like that? He'd resign. It would be a slap in the face. He works his ass off. It would also never happen because Barchi isn't a f*ckin idiot.

eeyR Strikes again!!!
giphy.gif

First off, best wishes to Charles. He is a young man who carries himself very well. He is seeking an opportunity he was not able to attain at Rutgers, whether it is academically or athletically.

To be fair, the guy Ash thought was better is also in the NFL and had a pretty good rookie season. Ash deserves a lot of criticism but this was not one of them.

Good point and not only that. The guy Ash thought was better started and produced a whole hell of a lot more than Martin in the NFL. Haters are gonna hate.

By some accounts, the fastest guy on the team, at least second. You have to find touches for him somewhere.Waste of talent by the staff. See also: Josh Hicks, et al.

Does fast equate to a productive player? Ball protection, ability to read defenses and blocking play a big part as well. Ray Rice wasn't a particularly fast player, but he was a productive one.

I predict Snorweah will have a huge breakout season wherever he lands. This is not good for us. Not good at all. But we still have big talent at running back so hopefully we will recover.

Snorweah's only other offer coming out side of high school was Pittsburgh. Cincy, Temple and Villanova were listed but never offered him according to 247. Based on his rating coming out of high school, his offers, his production in college, and his size, he will most likely land at an FBS school, maybe have a very good season, and everyone on this board will equate his production to the great success he could have had in the B1G (ala Flacco).

I expect him to break out at a lower level this year. It is good for us because we recruited and trained him . It also shows what many keep chirping on and this is we don’t have depth or competition , well we do at RB and this is what happens when you have a group of good players at a position.

Exactly.

And catching the ball. . . .

??? I'm not sure showing Charles catch one poorly, under thrown ball in the Spring Game equates to good pass catching abilities.

No other way to spin it.
It's bad news for RU
I look at it as good move by Charles.
He got his Rutgers degree and now going after playing time.

For Rutgers his leaving opens a spot on the roster and maybe they will bring in someone who can earn more playing time at his position than Charles did his because of the talent ahead of him on the depth chart was too hard to beat.

Why the f*ck would he accept a demotion like that? He'd resign. It would be a slap in the face. He works his ass off. It would also never happen because Barchi isn't a f*ckin idiot.
I get it that the guy works hard and has raised a lot of money, but let's be honest at the same time, he didn't hire the wrestling coach and the decision to fund wrestling was made prior to his arrival. As for hiring a basketball coach, that is still an open question, at best. Now, I agree he is not going anywhere and that is not on the hot seat, however, football drives the bus, he gets one hiring pass with Ash, he interviewed well and he had good recommendations. He will have a warmer seat if continues to hang with Ash even if we have another bad season in 2019 and recruiting takes a hit. He likely will also only get one more chance at hiring a competent football coach, great fundraiser or not.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Just to let you know, there have been more then a few "stories" being told that Barchi and/or Bog wouldn't let Hobbs dump Ash. Without being in the room, nobody knows if that's 100% true or not,so it remains as a rumor.
There are however several
"stories" out there that people did raise the money at seasons end to can Ash but the plug was pulled on the effort by someone.

No other way to spin it.
It's bad news for RU

How? It’s not good news but how is it ‘bad’? Is his on-field production in games irreplaceable? We don’t have another RB who can run for 30 yards or make tackles on special teams? Elijah Barnwell can probably do that right now.

Joe P.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I get it that the guy works hard and has raised a lot of money, but let's be honest at the same time, he didn't hire the wrestling coach and the decision to fund wrestling was made prior to his arrival. As for hiring a basketball coach, that is still an open question, at best. Now, I agree he is not going anywhere and that is not on the hot seat, however, football drives the bus, he gets one hiring pass with Ash, he interviewed well and he had good recommendations. He will have a warmer seat if continues to hang with Ash even if we have another bad season in 2019 and recruiting takes a hit. He likely will also only get one more chance at hiring a competent football coach, great fundraiser or not.
I think Hobbs is doing a good job. Could he do better? Sure. Facilities are being built. Teams are getting better. The student body likes him. Donors like him. The media likes him. There have been no major scandals under his watch (that we know of). When's the last time you could say all of that about a Rutgers AD?

That being said, the state of football right now is unacceptable but it's something he should get a chance to make right. If that doesn't happen within the near future than I agree that Rutgers may need to make a change. For those wishing he is fired now or soon, I just can't agree.

Stupid statement in Aisle 10. Clean up needed.

Just to let you know, there have been more then a few "stories" being told that Barchi and/or Bog wouldn't let Hobbs dump Ash. Without being in the room, nobody knows if that's 100% true or not,so it remains as a rumor.
"stories" out there that people did raise the money at seasons end to can Ash but the plug was pulled on the effort by someone.
Those were adults in that room you refer to, with a lot of power and say as to what happens. You hear "stories," and you don't conclude that any of those "stories" end with Hobbs pulling the plug on dumping Ash.
You come across as a child crying over spilled milk when you post in nearly every thread your childish demands to fire Hobbs.
Until you have concrete facts that Hobbs alone made a decision to retain Ash, knock off your antics. They are tiresome.

These "stories" must have been made up in your head, because this is a total lie, a couple of guys on the internet talking about donating $100 bucks does not equate to real donors talking about donating millions for a buyout.

These "stories" must have been made up in your head, because this is a total lie, a couple of guys on the internet talking about donating $100 bucks does not equate to real donors talking about donating millions for a buyout.
ok.continue on your own fantasy that there is a plan in place to fix football and to hire a real Head Coach.
40726991.jpg

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
So you admit without saying it that you made it up?
nope. Was told what I posted,several times prior,by a reliable source and that the discussion even went to Gregg Brown thru booster(s)What transpired after that ,and who made the call to stay with Ash is unknown.

Last edited:
Not sure how he's 5th string.
Poor talent evaluation by the staff.

He was the most impressive player on the field a few weeks ago

He had a great Spring overall

Ok. So at best he was 3rd string and in line for under 5 carries a game.

With potential for one of the freshman pushing for his playing time as the season went on.

How do you know this is not fact ?
Hobbs continues to be in self denial and the Football program continues to tank.

Reactions: BlockR
You can't ever judge a player for doing what's best for him, whether it's joining RU, leaving RU, joining another program, etc. Wish them well and try to recruit and retain an even better talent.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
How do you know this is not fact ?
Hobbs continues to be in self denial and the Football program continues to tank.

I am friendly with several very high level donors & they all told me this was a made up story, since if there was any truth to this then they would have been contacted for money & they were not. Without these donors then there was no chance that the money needed to buy out Ash could be raised.

like an earlier post mentioned.....why did charles get the bulk of the carries in the spring game...could it be he approached the staff with his intent to transfer?
did he get many carries last spring?....whether it was intentional ,or not..at least now charles has a good audition tape for potential destinations .it sure can't hurt....good luck charles

While it worked to his advantage, it was mainly to limit carries to Blackshear and Pacheco, no reason risk injuries to your two best offensive players.

drip drip drip
You have no clue what you're talking about

Conveniently ignoring my prior post to you regarding actual facts and carries per game?

Was Snorweah taking carries from IP or BS?
Last year Hilliman got 6 carries per game as 3rd back.
With IP and BS hopefully getting more touches, that 6 per game might be the max.

And before you say it - I wanted Ash fired the moment he hired Kill as OC. Ash and his meathead offense can’t get out of here fast enough.

Conveniently ignoring my prior post to you regarding actual facts and carries per game?

Was Snorweah taking carries from IP or BS?
Last year Hilliman got 6 carries per game as 3rd back.
With IP and BS hopefully getting more touches, that 6 per game might be the max.

And before you say it - I wanted Ash fired the moment he hired Kill as OC. Ash and his meathead offense can’t get out of here fast enough.

No disrespect to Snorweah but he’s ran for 30 yards on like 6 carries over 3 seasons while also playing kickoff. I know it’s not you saying it, but how is a 5th-year player with those numbers transferring out some sort of disaster?

Joe P.

No disrespect to Snorweah but he’s ran for 30 yards on like 6 carries over 3 seasons while also playing kickoff. I know it’s not you saying it, but how is a 5th-year player with those numbers transferring out some sort of disaster?

Joe P.

“The team is terrible. Ash has decimated the roster. We have no talent.”

“Ok, well the 3rd string RB (at best - could go lower) is transferring out.”

“What!! He was a potential game changer!! We need him! Ash is to blame!”

Reactions: JoeRU0304
I am friendly with several very high level donors & they all told me this was a made up story, since if there was any truth to this then they would have been contacted for money & they were not. Without these donors then there was no chance that the money needed to buy out Ash could be raised.
You're full of it. I heard that my neighbor's third cousin's frappuccino vendor said that they had raised more than enough money to buy him out, but that Barchi wanted the money used to lubricate his mass transit vehicles to handle future terminations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT