ADVERTISEMENT

So Rutgers

If they got your name wrong, maybe someone else’s rep is leaving and the message was meant for someone else.

Maybe it was taken directly from chat GPT. AI learns from previous examples so that could explain why it had numerous mistakes.

I hope this message finds you well....

Got an email yesterday saying my R Fund rep left and there will new coverage. Email is well written but somebody’s copy and paste skill needs help because the format difference shows where the copy and paste in the insert. The only other mistake was they got my name wrong 😀.
Which rep ihas left? I am on my 3rd rep., but the two that left texted me before they left.

I got the same email. Mike left. I actually liked him, he took care of me and got me to give without him even asking. The guy before him (who is still here and is a big name) never really paid attention to me.

Maybe it was taken directly from chat GPT. AI learns from previous examples so that could explain why it had numerous mistakes.

I hope this message finds you well....
I received a text solicitation for a political contribution the other day. The last line was:

(Legally required to add stop to stop)

• Haha
Reactions: Rufaninga
I mean, we have tens and thousands of ticket holders, and a mistake was made in some correspondence. The athletics department certainly isn’t perfect, but EVERY university does things like this, some even to the point of sending out admissions offers by mistake or commit countless athletics scandals, or engage in other egregious financial or personnel issues. Let’s not crap on our university for every little thing with “Rutgers gonna Rutgers.” That’s my pet peeve. Are other universities perfect? The university should be criticized when when a mistake is made, but let’s set the bar a little higher for that. When I hear a student complain about “The RU screw” I tell them “Just wait until you go out in the real world.” We tend to be self-deprecating in New Jersey, even over little things. We shouldn’t be. That is all.

Got an email yesterday saying my R Fund rep left and there will new coverage. Email is well written but somebody’s copy and paste skill needs help because the format difference shows where the copy and paste in the insert. The only other mistake was they got my name wrong 😀.

I got the same email. Mike left. I actually liked him, he took care of me and got me to give without him even asking. The guy before him (who is still here and is a big name) never really paid attention to me.

Is this an R Fund rep or a ticket rep. When you said "Mike," I thought you meant Greeny, but he is still with Rutgers. Wasn't aware of another Mike who was part of the R Fund group.

I mean, we have tens and thousands of ticket holders, and a mistake was made in some correspondence. The athletics department certainly isn’t perfect, but EVERY university does things like this, some even to the point of sending out admissions offers by mistake or commit countless athletics scandals, or engage in other egregious financial or personnel issues. Let’s not crap on our university for every little thing with “Rutgers gonna Rutgers.” That’s my pet peeve. Are other universities perfect? The university should be criticized when when a mistake is made, but let’s set the bar a little higher for that. When I hear a student complain about “The RU screw” I tell them “Just wait until you go out in the real world.” We tend to be self-deprecating in New Jersey, even over little things. We shouldn’t be. That is all.
Not a ticket rep. This the R fund rep. I never got the chance to meet Mike. Between COVID and my work schedule picking up post COVID, I really like the rep before But he left with Sarah to Texas.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
So America. This is not just a Rutgers issue. There are so many dumb people in this country nowadays.
I have an upcoming tour to visit White House this month but my name on the pass is wrong. And I’m not even sure it’s congressman’s office or the WH who couldn’t get my name right.

Reactions: 4rubrat1
So America. This is not just a Rutgers issue. There are so many dumb people in this country nowadays.
I have an upcoming tour to visit White House this month but my name on the pass is wrong. And I’m not even sure it’s congressman’s office or the WH who couldn’t get my name right.
This…as someone in “higher ed” I’m astounded, appalled and depressed at what I witness…it makes me appreciate the good ones more…getting a name correct by either the WH or congresspersons office should be a no-brainer. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: RUDeac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT