ADVERTISEMENT

So, the JuCo LB Juwan Mitchell isn't coming ...

78CollegeAve

All American
Jul 2, 2001
Per Twitter. Interesting. He signed his LOI, so did he not get through admissions? Does this open up a spot for Ugwu or another high school kid?

In Ash's infinite wisdom we also lose a spot in the 25 since he signed his LOI. Non qualifiers who sign their LOI and don't qualify still count toward the 25. Oh well, saves a scholarship for our next coach I guess. This guy should write a book on what not to do as a 1st time head coach. He's nailed all the talking points.

Yeah gotta be graded kid indicates in his tweet he will be returning to his CC.

How do they not know this prior to signing. Like wtf

Reactions: cicero grimes
In Ash's infinite wisdom we also lose a spot in the 25 since he signed his LOI. Non qualifiers who sign their LOI and don't qualify still count toward the 25. Oh well, saves a scholarship for our next coach I guess. This guy should write a book on what not to do as a 1st time head coach. He's nailed all the talking points.
-----
next year you still can only sign 25, so without looking, if we have more space than that, it won't matter....the new rule is pretty clear

Reactions: Leonard23

Nothing should surprise anyone with Ash#Error

Don’t they see his grades and transcripts before they sign? Seems like it would be SOP to do all that before they do the other paperwork?

Reactions: drewbagel423
I don't remember where I read it but someone said the 25 isn't really a concern. There are now ways around it

Reactions: huskersalways
Don’t they see his grades and transcripts before they sign? Seems like it would be SOP to do all that before they do the other paperwork?
I am sure they did. In fact before a recruit can even take an official visit transcripts must be sent to the school.

guess Ash never slept at a Holiday Inn Express.
10 months and hopefully the Asherror clown show will be gone.
Rutgers still needs to change its acceptance for JUCO transfer grades for certain majors to land kids.

Reactions: RU#1fan and beaced
Final grades at Butler CC were due two days before we accepted the early LOI. Maybe he had some incompletes, in which case we could have waited.

https://www.butlercc.edu/info/20005/about/684/events-calendar

Butler CC has dance courses. Maybe he needed a little help to see if there was anything else he could do to get a passing grade in one of those classes.

Would have never happened if this guy was still here:
BattleReady.0.gif

https://catalog.butlercc.edu/content.php?catoid=2&navoid=47

Dance Options

MODERN DANCE TAP DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY
DN130 Modern Dance 1 DN137 Beg Tap Dance DN140 Choreography 1
DN131 Modern Dance 2 DN138 Tap Dance 2 DN141 Choreography 2
DN230 Modern Dance 3 DN237 Tap Dance 3 DN240 Choreography 3
DN231 Modern Dance 4 DN238 Tap Dance 4 DN241 Choreography 4
JAZZ DANCE BALLET DANCE
DN133 Beg Jazz Dance DN135 Ballet 1
DN134 Jazz Dance 2 DN136 Ballet 2
DN233 Jazz Dance 3 DN235 Ballet 3
DN234 Jazz Dance 4 DN236 Ballet 4​

Or you can be mature enough to read the top 5 thread titles on the front page and not stoop down to name calling. Thread is still there.

I don't remember where I read it but someone said the 25 isn't really a concern. There are now ways around it

I'm thinking back to an article about the new rules. (it's been 8 months ago)

Where you can sign up to 28 (3 over) if you're not up to the 85 total limit or if you submit a plan to the NCAA explaining how you plan to get back to the 85 number by spring practice.
At least it was close to that

Reactions: vkj91

I've seen a lot of conflicting information....... I'm far from certain we lose the scholly........

From NJ.com
"
Will Rutgers lose the scholarship?
Per NCAA rules, each Div. 1 team is allotted 25 initial counters per year. As long as the players sign, they count against the 25, whether deemed academically eligible or not. So, being that Mitchell signed to Rutgers on Dec. 19, it would seem that he'd count against Rutgers' 25, despite the fact that he won't attend the school in 2019. But, with Mitchell returning to junior college, the program apparently gets the scholarship back. Rutgers will likely move on from linebacker and use the free "ship" to pursue players at other positions."

Reactions: rucoe89 and MADHAT1
From NJ.com
"
Will Rutgers lose the scholarship?
Per NCAA rules, each Div. 1 team is allotted 25 initial counters per year. As long as the players sign, they count against the 25, whether deemed academically eligible or not. So, being that Mitchell signed to Rutgers on Dec. 19, it would seem that he'd count against Rutgers' 25, despite the fact that he won't attend the school in 2019. But, with Mitchell returning to junior college, the program apparently gets the scholarship back. Rutgers will likely move on from linebacker and use the free "ship" to pursue players at other positions."
That's a win-win. For the player and the program.

In Ash's infinite wisdom we also lose a spot in the 25 since he signed his LOI. Non qualifiers who sign their LOI and don't qualify still count towards the 25. Oh well, saves a scholarship for our next coach I guess. This guy should write a book on what not to do as a 1st time head coach. He's nailed all the talking points.

You ans another poster keep saying this YET there are SIX (6) top 35 classes with MORE THAN 25 SIGNEES in their resort classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT