ADVERTISEMENT

So, where r we?

Rufaninga

All Conference
Oct 8, 2010
After week 1, I was optimistic.
After week 2, I was dreading the season.
After week 3, we took care of business as expected.

So what should I expect in week 4???

Which RU team is the real RU?

I want to see more week 1 performances. Love week 3, but competition is no longer week 3 caliber.

After week 1, I was optimistic.
After week 2, I was dreading the season.
After week 3, we took care of business as expected.

So what should I expect in week 4???

Which RU team is the real RU?

I want to see more week 1 performances. Love week 3, but competition is no longer week 3 caliber.
This isn't a tough question, we are a bad FBS football team that pounded a very bad and undermanned FCS school which would have also been pummeled by the likes of Monmouth and Villanova. We are the bottom feeder of the B1G East division until we prove otherwise. Beat just one conference opponent and then maybe it is time to reevaluate the team, but not after beating Morgan State.

RU has to beat one of the BIG East 3 to be taken seriously. Until that happens, there will be little interest in this program.

Reactions: RUaMoose
There will be plenty of ups and downs this season as we navigate the ins and outs of our program rebuilding effort. We're working hard, but we could use more depth. It's a long season so longevity can't be underestimated, either.

We may come on big down the stretch.

RU has to beat one of the BIG East 3 to be taken seriously. Until that happens, there will be little interest in this program.

Completely disagree. Essentially you're saying we can go 9-3, play in Tampa on New Year's Day, and no one will be interested in us because we didn't beat Penn State, Michigan, or Ohio State, who all are you a bully may have finished in the top 10. Makes zero sense.

That being said, this is year 2, we are still rebuilding a program that was destroyed by its previous regime. Yeah, we lost to Eastern Michigan, but a lot of us had that as a tossup for the last 10 months, so it's really not the end of the world. Just keep looking for improvement as the season goes on, hopefully eastern Michigan was bit of a let down after the opener, and let's see what we got out there the rest of the seaso , building for the future, before we try to figure out "where we are"?? Just a thought.

Morgan State honestly could be the worst team in the FCS

I give them an A for effort but that was the worst team I have ever watched play at the college level. I'm not surprised they are scoreless on the season.

I'll admit yesterday did make me feel a little better about where we are.

I'm going into the Nebraska game with some confidence.

Reactions: Rufaninga
I don't think people understand how awful that team was. We took care of business but that wasn't even a competent FCS team. They scored 0 points all season.

I give them an A for effort but that was the worst team I have ever watched play at the college level. I'm not surprised they are scoreless on the season.

In ten years there will be a lot more Morgan States as the safety/concussion issue trickles up to college. Now you hear about HS teams having issues fielding teams. It'll hit college too. The quality of FB is going south at all levels even the NFL. How many nfl teams you hear have poor offensive lines. Probably half the league. Kids nowadays don't aspire to be 320 pounds playing a game where they're barely noticed ( unless they suck) and risk brain damage. How many above average QBs were there in the 70s/80s compared to now. Sh!t, Dan Pastorini and Richard Todd would be above average QBs if they played today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT