ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trips - Ole Miss @ LSU

RU_87

Freshman
Aug 19, 2001
Every year my brother and I get together to do a multi-game sports weekend. We were doing it before the pandemic and restarted the last 2 years. We usually try to target a city area where we can go to a NCAAFB game, an NFL Game, and possibly a MLB, NHL, NBA or NCAABB game. This year we selected New Orleans/Baton Rouge...fly in Friday, catch Ole Miss @ LSU game in Baton Rouge, then Buccs @ Saints, then fly home on Monday. I already have the Ole Miss @ LSU tix, but need to get parking. Anyone know which Football message board is best for LSU....I want to inquire with their fan base on what it's like to park somewhere near Tiger Stadium and/or try to get a parking pass from an alumni (given we're neutral for the game).

We're also going to the RU @ Va Tech game this year. One RU away game per year...in addition to the Sports Weekend....although sometimes the sports weekend centers around an RU game as well. First year at Michigan we went to that game and then caught a Red Wings game in Detroit.

Last year we went to Clemson game, Carolina Panthers game, UNC Basketball opening day game, and a Carolina Hurricanes game on a Friday to Wednesday, long weekend. Other trips were to Houston to see Astros, drove up to Dallas to see Texas Rangers (last day of season), then Cowboys game

Every year my brother and I get together to do a multi-game sports weekend. We were doing it before the pandemic and restarted the last 2 years. We usually try to target a city area where we can go to a NCAAFB game, an NFL Game, and possibly a MLB, NHL, NBA or NCAABB game. This year we selected New Orleans/Baton Rouge...fly in Friday, catch Ole Miss @ LSU game in Baton Rouge, then Buccs @ Saints, then fly home on Monday. I already have the Ole Miss @ LSU tix, but need to get parking. Anyone know which Football message board is best for LSU....I want to inquire with their fan base on what it's like to park somewhere near Tiger Stadium and/or try to get a parking pass from an alumni (given we're neutral for the game).

We're also going to the RU @ Va Tech game this year. One RU away game per year...in addition to the Sports Weekend....although sometimes the sports weekend centers around an RU game as well. First year at Michigan we went to that game and then caught a Red Wings game in Detroit.

Last year we went to Clemson game, Carolina Panthers game, UNC Basketball opening day game, and a Carolina Hurricanes game on a Friday to Wednesday, long weekend. Other trips were to Houston to see Astros, drove up to Dallas to see Texas Rangers (last day of season), then Cowboys game
Love this. A friend and I have done it a few times but kids sports have slowed us down. LSU-Bama is on the list of potentials this year

Not the nicest city but a game at LSU is BIG TIME especially with their nemesis Old Miss! Even it is cloudy or a night game wear mirror sunglasses so you can take in the "views" without getting slapped!! 😜

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Great stuff! Definitely maximized that Carolina trip. You could've just moved down there like half of New Jersey has already.

Cool trip.
This year, me and the Mrs. committed to 3 Rutgers road games. We are going to Va Tech, Nebrask and USC. Subtracting out the bye week, will have 8 straight weeks of Rutgers football games. Then a 2 week break before Minnesota. Depending on how the other trips go and the W-L record, we may head to Maryland too. Now that we have an empty nest, we are free to travel whenever, and we thought this would be a fun way to spend Fall weekends.

Awesome stuff
A trip to Death Valley is a bucket list item for all involved

Definitely hit The Grove one year - it's the complete opposite of LSU in terms of atmosphere and tailgating, but the scene in Oxford on that 10 acre parcel of land simply cannot be beat.

Personally, I think it's the best in all of college football

Living the life.congrats

Reactions: Knight Shift
There is no gravity in Baton Rouge, LSU sucks you down.
Ole Miss is the pinnacle of tailgating. hands down. White table clothes, chandeliers in the party tents, classical music presented by orchestra members(seriously, in Oxford) wonderful food, wonderful drinks, coeds in cocktail dresses, male students in coats and ties,
There is usually 100,000 people in The Grove. Some will actually go to the game, the smart ones stay and party on in a beautiful setting.

There is no gravity in Baton Rouge, LSU sucks you down.
Ole Miss is the pinnacle of tailgating. hands down. White table clothes, chandeliers in the party tents, classical music presented by orchestra members(seriously, in Oxford) wonderful food, wonderful drinks, coeds in cocktail dresses, male students in coats and ties,
There is usually 100,000 people in The Grove. Some will actually go to the game, the smart ones stay and party on in a beautiful setting.
This x 1000000
There's tailgating.... then there's The Grove
Without a doubt, the best scene in all of college football

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
This x 1000000
There's tailgating.... then there's The Grove
Without a doubt, the best scene in all of college football
I always have this question about legendary tailgate scenes: who can gain access to them? It seems like the best spots at these stadiums/scenes are for exceptionally high rollers with average folks tailgating on people's front lawns. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just genuinely curious.

I always have this question about legendary tailgate scenes: who can gain access to them? It seems like the best spots at these stadiums/scenes are for exceptionally high rollers with average folks tailgating on people's front lawns. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just genuinely curious.
The students procure the spots Friday night
I think they're allowed to go at a certain time and a scene like at PSU when the gates open (mad frenzy)
Assume it's organized, likely by Greek organizations who are looking to make some money

The students procure the spots Friday night
I think they're allowed to go at a certain time and a scene like at PSU when the gates open (mad frenzy)
Assume it's organized, likely by Greek organizations who are looking to make some money
So it's only students on the Grove? When I have seen videos, it seems like there are older people too. You know, like us, only wealthier.

So it's only students on the Grove? When I have seen videos, it seems like there are older people too. You know, like us, only wealthier.
No it's people of all ages, mostly adults though with bougie tailgates - students just get them the spots

Last year when we made the trip to Clemson, my brother get the tix from some big donating Alumni. He invited us to his tailgate...which was like 100 yds up the hill from the stadium in prime high roller territory. I will say we did get lucky on that one. We did purchase parking but it would've been on someone's property....if we didn't have that. The Clemson guy was a Georgia Tech alumni, but living in SCarolina, his kids went to Clemson and his business donated big bucks to Clemson. Kept in touch with him as he later helped my brother get tix to GT at Duke Basketball through his GT connections.

Reactions: RUPete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT