ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to get some buzz...

I've had more comments made to me about RU Football over the past 2 weeks than all of the last couple of seasons. Interest is starting to grow: NJ loves a winner. Let's beat Iowa and keep the momentum building.
Yep. Was stopped twice in the super market on my way home from the game on Saturday. Best part the one guy that stopped me had a Syracuse hat on.

Had someone at work ask if I was at the game last Saturday and he was commenting on how well they played. I said it was great but that we could have won that game and it was a missed opportunity although I was proud of the team. He said I was being a little hard on them. My point is that this team can compete with anyone and doesn't need a pat on the head with "good job." We received similar comments after Michigan. I bet the team would agree.

Agree- even just walking into my local supermarket- kid gathering carts and a customer talking about Rutgers- saw at least 10 people in the store with hats or shirts with the block R. On my walks around the neighborhood with the dogs- everyone is stopping and talking Rutgers...
What a change

I've had more comments made to me about RU Football over the past 2 weeks than all of the last couple of seasons. Interest is starting to grow: NJ loves a winner. Let's beat Iowa and keep the momentum building.
Yup! I am seeing the same thing. Most of my acquaintances on FB know that I am a die hard Rutgers fan. For the past few years whenever I would post that I was at the rutgers games I would get maybe 5-7 "likes" and no comments. This year especially since the MSU game now I get 10-15 likes and maybe 3-5 comments mostly positive toward RU! We still need that signature win that announces we are back. Could it be the Penn State.....God I hope so. Especially in their house! Go RU!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Agree with all this. A friend from South Carolina i havent spoken to in a few months sent me a pic of a car with a block R on it down there and said “Rutgers nation well represented” .. it’s spreading

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Got a Rutgers game shout out from a lady as I left the convenience store with my morning coffee. She not only complimented RU but it seemed she watched the game in depth. Never mentioned OSU's performance. Good stuff.

But is the Block R magnet on cars making a comeback?
I do a lot of driving across multiple counties, typically on one or both weekend days. And I'm seeing tons of block Rs on cars.

But then, I've been seeing tons of them all along. No way of knowing how new they might be.

I do a lot of driving across multiple counties, typically on one or both weekend days. And I'm seeing tons of block Rs on cars.

But then, I've been seeing tons of them all along. No way of knowing how new they might be.
It's weird though, it seems almost ever car has one on them on the way into a game but when sitting in traffic as we are leaving- it seems they are no longer there. hmmmmmmm

Yup! I am seeing the same thing. Most of my acquaintances on FB know that I am a die hard Rutgers fan. For the past few years whenever I would post that I was at the rutgers games I would get maybe 5-7 "likes" and no comments. This year especially since the MSU game now I get 10-15 likes and maybe 3-5 comments mostly positive toward RU! We still need that signature win that announces we are back. Could it be the Penn State.....God I hope so. Especially in their house! Go RU!
Iowa would be a signature win

Missed most of the game but the pass to the RB call in the red zone was bad.

Perception my friend Perception

Coincidentally to your avatar, today at school pick up I saw a truck parked with the red white and blue R on it.
I wish they used my design. I like it better than theirs. Same for that old helmet avatar I used to use.. hmm.. I gotta find that old pic.

I got a bottle of 2022 Laphroaig 25 year old Cask Strength single Malt, for my retirement!

So when we cracking it?
eUgaYaj.gif

Just came back from a staff meeting with folks from all over the country, really, the world. A colleague on my team who is from Oklahoma but lives in Denver now talked with me today about he and his buddies watched the RU/OSU game and thought RU played really well. They were all pulling for RU and disappointed we could not hold on through the end. They were in Denver, so the game started at 10 for them. He said he struggled with his Sooners, but really liked watching the RU game.

Funeral service for my mother in law today. Proudly wearing my bowling socks ( she used to love talking to me about my bowling leagues) and of course my Rutgers tie. Although none of her six children went to Rutgers she would always watch the games knowing how important they were to me.

Waiting for the special day when I pop the tops off my two cans of 1968 Tab.

200px-TaB_cans_from_the_1970s.jpg
The tabs on those cans of Tab came into use in the late 1970s
The old pull tabs on beverage cans came off when opened, and caused a choking hazard because people used to drop them into the can before drinking.

The tabs on those cans of Tab came into use in the late 1970s
The old pull tabs on beverage cans came off when opened, and caused a choking hazard because people used to drop them into the can before drinking.
I knew that I shouldn't haven't trusted that dealer!!!!!!!! Bastard ripped me off!!!! Fake TAB cans!!!!

Reactions: Scarlet16E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT