ADVERTISEMENT

Stringer's absence (Opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious,........Do you guys also have some inside info on this matter? Do you actually know that Viv signed the contract to care for her daughter and not to try to continue her legacy here at RU? How do you know she signed the contract without any intentions of fulfilling any duties of it?

Did we look at the timeline of decisions made about testing and vaccine policies in WCBB and the RU, in relation to the time she signed? Do we know some or any of the discussion that took place between Hobbs and CVS when the contract was extended?

Is it an actual fact that Hobbs has expressed dissatisfaction with CVS to the point of being 'pissed'?

Now from another angle,.....How do we know that she and Hobbs haven't discussed several different scenarios for her transition from the HC spot? And possibly one of the scenarios being the one that is playing out right now.

She may not have expected that there would be no covid testing this year, and many people not wearing the masks while in close quarters. If I'm her, I'd be worried about contracting covid and the serious effects it could have on a person of her medical history. With this decision to protect herself and her family until further notice(until we don't keep seeing spikes of covid) , she may have talked with Hobbs about giving Tim this tryout.

If you were in CVS' shoes, you too would want your Asst Coach to get a fair shot to be next in line. If you didn't use your position to at least request that, then you are no kind of loyal friend to the people that you call your RU family. All that and the bloodlines, sisterhood amongst the women of the program may be seen as just talk. I don't know this to be the case, I'm just saying, maybe something of the sort could be going on right now with an understanding that if he succeeds he gets a HC contract and if he fails, they both step aside.

I wouldn't conclude that she made a mess for Tim to clean up. She may just be providing him with an opportunity to get where he wants to go.

I can only guess as to what is going on. But the last thing that I would suspect is that CVS was intent on stealing from RU. Does she have that kind of history? What would make someone think that of her?

If you know something that the rest of us don't, please share.

Actually, the numerous awards and positive national press that she creates for RU, in itself, arguably could be seen as worthy of the compensation she receives in this contract extension. Be honest you all! You heard the countless praises for her (with RU attached to it every time) just over the course of the last year. Other schools would love to have that kind of attention.

And I'll say it again. I can't think of any other person or program at RU that has brought more positive press to the university over the years (especially this past year).
Yes I do have inside information and yes she does need the money and it’s not necessarily to just care for her daughter and I will leave it at that

Look at the facts that we know are true. Her contract of $5+ million is guaranteed. Mr Hobbs can give her any administrative role in the University he chooses. CVS is 73 years CB old and in the twilight of her illustrious career. Her style of offense is and has been in question as outdated. With all of those facts it makes a lot of sense to move on into a new era of WBB.
That’s the problem right there you are paying someone 1.2 million a year for 4 more years and in order to get a dynamic young head coach or any coach for that matter you are going to have to pay let’s say for arguments sake $800K a year you are now committed to 2 million a year essentially for just the head coach of the women’s program how can that be justified and how much is the program going to lose a year!!

That’s the problem right there you are paying someone 1.2 million a year for 4 more years and in order to get a dynamic young head coach or any coach for that matter you are going to have to pay let’s say for arguments sake $800K a year you are now committed to 2 million a year essentially for just the head coach of the women’s program how can that be justified and how much is the program going to lose a year!!
One can only dream they would offer $800,000 a year. That is still high.

Adia Barnes here in Arizona is making about what Vivian is, (1 Million). Her deal after the national championship game was 3.35 Million over 5 years - then when Baylor came calling they upped it to 5.85 over 5 years. Her salary at hire was $235K and went up to $407K at some point previously.

I actually want RU to pay enough to get quality. That said, with owing CVS all this money if she moves "upstairs" I suspect the salary offered will not be as high as it should be.

Not cvs fault. The AD was a dunce to renew her for 5 years. She needs the money? WTF. That's her problem. Rutgers athletics is not a social services agency.
Yes the AD is crazy for giving a guaranteed 5 year golden parachute deal. But CVS is equally at fault. You do not enter negotiations when there are reservations about honoring the contract. Contract signed on or around April 14th and she has not entered a Rutgers building roughly since then.

When I retired from RU after 30+ years I probably had about 300 accrued sick days - enough to cover about 15 months had I gotten really sick.

Most companies don't allow you to do that. You have to use them or lose them at some point.

Stringer is taking advantage. Just because she can do something doesn't mean it's right. The school has been very good to her. Her players and program deserve better. It's being run into the ground. What a mess.

As a huge RU womens bball fan since the Wicks era and before, I have to say this whole situation does not pass the smell test. Something or someone is awry. Sitting out due to COvID, after signing a five year contract, is total bs at this point. It’s predatory. I feel sorry for each and every one of us who want to have a winning program. Termination with cause will hold up in court.

As a huge RU womens bball fan since the Wicks era and before, I have to say this whole situation does not pass the smell test. Something or someone is awry. Sitting out due to COvID, after signing a five year contract, is total bs at this point. It’s predatory. I feel sorry for each and every one of us who want to have a winning program. Termination with cause will hold up in court.
RU does not have the cajones to remotely attempt this…period! (…and you know exactly why)

Do you think CVS has the energy and smarts to navigate the egos of the portal at this juncture of her career. Sure she will get some but similar to what we recently got.
To question the energy is fair considering recent health issues. Unless she suffers from sone kind of ongoing mental health issue, questioning her smarts in dealing with egos is like questioning the smarts of an educator of 50 years in dealing with personalities and egos. IMO, it is more of a question of tolerance, patience, desire to deal with the varying personalities of student-athletes,.
…her recruiting model is passé. She can’t even rely on the “hall of fame cache” as that takes sustained success. Hot shot kids today are into social media, and all the trappings that come with that at the big time college level. None of them remember 2007. Why is Geno still successful even though he’s now an older coach? Their arena is lousy with championship banners and just a final four appearance is considered a bad season.
I get your point and agree that H of F cache takes sustained success to be effective in recruiting, but Viv has been able to capitalize off of hers. I would venture to say that her H of F cache brought in what was considered a Top 10 class nationally??? was it? I know they were maybe the top class in the Big Ten when Diamond and her classmates signed with us. That was just a season and a half ago. I think that cache also brought in some high quality transfers in a matter of no time when she and her staff decided to hit the portal.

All this was because the program has seen success in the past 4 years. Also lots of marketing success this past year due to the respect for CVS with her numerous awards. Also, don't underestimate what Arella's overall star appeal did to help attract recruits, along with what the RU WNBA CVS kids are doing(especially Betnijah, Kahleah, and Ericka).

It comes down to winning when talking about sustaining recruiting. The fact that we have not been advancing deep into the postseason is the reason that it is tough for us to sustain top 20 recruits ( probably why we lost Diamond).

Lack of postseason success over a number of years is going to have a toll on any program. Geno took advantage of his initial success and has not let it slip. Just like Dawn will try to do now in S Car. She's had her initial success which now allows her to have an entire team of Top 10-15 recruits like Geno. As we all know, CVS' moment to secure numerous annual Top 20 recruits was with the Fab 5 class following the Finals appearance. Didn't go well, .....it's been a bit of a struggle ever since.

Geno still wins because he has that talent to separate his team from the other 95% of teams. And he coaches a decent offense. As Dawn is getting better at having an efficient offensive style, her teams will keep winning and she will keep getting the recruits. Yeah, defense can win games, but you have to score the ball well to beat the good teams. .........Hey, doesn't that sum up our frustrations throughout every rough patch of the CVS era?.

Last edited:
Reactions: RC66
"...a bit of a struggle ever since."
The finals team was 13 years ago.
There has been success recently?
Conference championships?
Deep NCAA runs?
Is Rutgers an elite program?
Not anymore.

How much player development occurred last year?
Diamond got a great deal of playing time but it was 'ella's team. Mack and Giles had so many minutes that the young players were not developed.
I'd love to know what Diamond thought of the coaches, the other players and the true reason for her departure.

"...a bit of a struggle ever since."
The finals team was 13 years ago.
There has been success recently?
Conference championships?
Deep NCAA runs?
Is Rutgers an elite program?
Not anymore.

How much player development occurred last year?
Diamond got a great deal of playing time but it was 'ella's team. Mack and Giles had so many minutes that the young players were not developed.
I'd love to know what Diamond thought of the coaches, the other players and the true reason for her departure.
"a bit of a struggle " was putting it nicely. All of your questions are the same concerns that I have. I was mainly making the point about the critical moment that most coaches who have early success face that determines whether they build a dynasty or lasting elite program.

When success is mentioned, it's all relative. Success for an elite program? No But we haven't been elite for a while. From where we had fallen to (a 6-26 season) , the last four years has been relative success. You have to crawl before you walk.

Just my opinions about player development.......To the eye, it appears to be very slow moving. Tyia's been here going on 4 yrs I believe, and has seemed to take a step back this season. She had a few eyebrow raising games last year where she scored, rebounded, and finished well. Made me think we would see more of that this year. I don't know if it falls on coaches or the player's desire to improve. How much do these girls play in the offseason? The real ballers are finding the best competition that they can get on the court with and are improving their BBall IQs constantly.

To me, it looks like Sakima is an example of good development from last year to this. She had the US BBall tryout experience and I would think can get pointers from dad or brother. She is our most fundamental post right now with Chyna next. Tyia needs to be forced to put in more time improving to earn the ample playing time that she gets right now.

The RUWBB media footage from last preseason kinda told me the mindset that Diamond had regarding the coaches. You can look back at it,... "Details".....In her interview, you could sense that she wasn't all in with the coaching style in terms of the attention to detail. One thing it immediately reminded me of, was my coaching experiences with young players today. 95% of them feel like they know how to play and want you to just roll out the balls and let them play. They really dreaded going through the necessary drills to learn the fine points of the game.

I think that, in time, Diamond and others with that mindset begin to realize that the coaches were doing the right thing. As I watch her star shine at NC State now, I notice that she still has so much to learn in the team concept. Some analysts would point out the different way that they have played when Diamond is on the court versus off with Reyna Perez leading the team. Ball movement is much better leading to easy or open shots with Perez. Diamond's exceptional one on one ability sometimes slows down their flow as a team, offensively. Just look at how disorganized they looked at times vs Indy.

To sum it up, .....I think CVS and staff teach the game and it's detail. These things show up well for players who go on to the pro level and need those nuances of the game to be able to stick while players of equal talent who don't have those habits under their belts often don't make the cut.

And regarding Diamond's thoughts of her teammates. We, the fans, still didn't know what the rest of her class could really do, with the exception of Liz and Sakima to a small degree. Diamond practiced with them everyday. She could see what we are just now learning as they are seeing their first real playing time. Diamond also had no way of knowing that CVS would get her some help in the form of transfers. There were no HS recruits on the way at that time, IIRC. Who can blame her for going to an elite program if a "platform" is what she was seeking. She got exactly that with #3-NC State and their 20+ nationally televised games and an All-American center to dish off to..

I'm telling you, she is playing with a chip on her shoulder for being overlooked coming out of HS and again last year when Paige and Caitlin were all the rage. She is determined to prove that she is just as good. At the time she entered the portal, RU was not able to provide her the opportunity to complete her mission to show and prove............That., moreso than any dissatisfaction with coach, IMO.

Last edited:
Your assessment reeks of being a delusional fan. Most of us RU alums and fans suffer with this syndrome. The honest answer to this piss poor start to the season is no head coach , an idiot awarding new extended contracts and no pre season with the 7 new players. How great is this for Hobbs and his future . Two new basketball contracts awarded , one to our men’s and women’s head coaches , both appear to be missing in action. One literally not here the other lost in transition from locker room to bench. Congrats to Hobbs since we don’t have a “pot to pee in “ but we are paying out almost 5 million in salary.And they still ask for the Build and Foundation donation.

Reactions: motorb54
it's disgusting honestly. says a lot about her (lack of) character.

if it wasn't 2021 she gets wrecked for this

it's disgusting honestly. says a lot about her (lack of) character.

if it wasn't 2021 she gets wrecked for this
I normally ignore ignorant posts such as yours, but this one is "very" special. Have you ever spoken to CVS? You are either very young, or ignorant. Funny that you call her out as lacking character. The entire BB world both men, and women know her, and admire everything she has done for 50 years. I could go on, and on but would be wasting my time.
Lastly, have you ever posted on this board before?

I normally ignore ignorant posts such as yours, but this one is "very" special. Have you ever spoken to CVS? You are either very young, or ignorant. Funny that you call her out as lacking character. The entire BB world both men, and women know her, and admire everything she has done for 50 years. I could go on, and on but would be wasting my time.
Lastly, have you ever posted on this board before?
she's stealing. i've alerted the authorities.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Yes the AD is crazy for giving a guaranteed 5 year golden parachute deal. But CVS is equally at fault. You do not enter negotiations when there are reservations about honoring the contract. Contract signed on or around April 14th and she has not entered a Rutgers building roughly since then.
It was her fault she knows exactly what she is doing and knows the optics of Hobbs firing would be very bad for the university; He has wanted to get rid of her for years now but just can't do it; For her to get this contract is a joke you think she will be doing anything in her "administrative job" for the next 4 years to collect the rest of her money is a joke; Hobbs but not just him her contract has to be approved by the hire ups just said OK we can blow 5-6 million!!!

It was her fault she knows exactly what she is doing and knows the optics of Hobbs firing would be very bad for the university; He has wanted to get rid of her for years now but just can't do it; For her to get this contract is a joke you think she will be doing anything in her "administrative job" for the next 4 years to collect the rest of her money is a joke; Hobbs but not just him her contract has to be approved by the hire ups just said OK we can blow 5-6 million!!!
My question for Hobbs would be very simple - when you offered / signed this contract were you aware she was "taking off" at that point or did you expect she was going to be coaching full time with no break? It is really a simple question. If the first, then, well, it is fine to criticize CVS but not with the venom due if instead she "surprised" Hobbs with the leave after signing.

No one (I hope) thinks the administrator job would involve "administrating". Of course that's just an honorific. Mike Candrea the long time softball coach here in AZ retired and was named a "special advisor" to the AD - he has an office next door to the softball offices. What does he do? PR? I doubt much. Have seen this with other coaches in various sports including WBB.

And all this nattering about the difficulties of firing her - the best time if RU had it in mind was those lean years a few years back. Other than the absence that RU (apparently) approved - what grounds over the last couple of years that would not look unreasonable?

You and I are in agreement. I know very well the back story regarding the last 3 AD's having their hands tied. I know of the "secret" meetings at the diner with the politically connected minister. I know of the alleged retirement contract requested by CVS negotiated in 2007-08 with the hand picked replacement coach that was never signed by CVS due to additional last minute demands. (man if true RU missed out on a good one). This is not new.

You and I are in agreement. I know very well the back story regarding the last 3 AD's having their hands tied. I know of the "secret" meetings at the diner with the politically connected minister. I know of the alleged retirement contract requested by CVS negotiated in 2007-08 with the hand picked replacement coach that was never signed by CVS due to additional last minute demands. (man if true RU missed out on a good one). This is not new.
Seems like some are in the know and others wonder if they really know.
Many things are beyond my knowledge and I'm sure there are those that know.
Just wonder why they hint at the info they are privy to on message boards instead of out right explaining the facts as they know them

I am sorry and not trying to be hostile but you said BEEN in a long steady decline

last four years 85-36 with the 2020 class the number one recruiting class in big

ass as with football we will lose top talent to IConn, South Carolina, Baylor and Miss St but enough good players come through here to keep winning at a 75 percent rate

granted this year may prove to be an anomoly
ho26rus,
the implication that RUWBB is failing has been shared by many on this board.
A winning record doesn't mean a thing to them.
Lack of institutional support excuses are only valid for other RU sports.
Those posters don't care about recruits coming despite the facilities they seen on recruiting trips and coming because of the HC's reputation and sports-wise respect. .
The sweet sixteen or it's a bust is what they mean when program is in decline.
Making the tourney only adds to the complaint and some even act like RU hasn't been in one since the stoneage.

No amount of posting Rutgers WBB Program's record either the last 4 or 10 will change some posters from trying to impress on others that the team is a loser and the HC over her head and needs to be replaced.
This LOA gives them a new way to complain and those complaints might have a bit of truth to them.
But this RUWBB program has proven to be a winning one in the past under CVS.
Now looks like a terrible season under Tim and the blame rightfully be placed on Stringer's LOA ,but not her coaching> that's on Tim and he needs to be replaced ASAP.

Some would refer to this as smash n grab, looting or outright theft of personal property . It is simply theft no matter what side you want to believe.
Until we know the facts about how it came to be, we can assume anything we want when talking about the LOA.
We can claim it was a Mafia like move and make Hobbs an accessory to the perceived crime
and feel that's the way it is.
But without facts, only an opinion.
What pisses me off is the lack of information about this LOA except the implication it was done for family health reasons and the changes in the way the safety rules would be put in place this year that are not the same as last season.
Nothing about when it was decided , leaving everyone to assume the LOA started the moment the contract was signed .
There is nothing I can say will end that feeling, because nothing was said by RU or CVS about when the LOA started.
Heck from where I stand, it does look like it stared right after contract was signed.

The truth is the way this was handled by all parties was a disgrace and the fanbase has every right to be angry and you Bob have every right to feel the way you do because this whole sordid affair was never explained properly to the fanbase , like they don't count except to blindly support the program and have no right to know what's going on except the W-L record is.

I;ll give the benefit of doubt , for now, but feel LOA or no LOA CVS put herself in a position to be blamed for how this season goes and if it's a bad one, like looking now, she goes faster than Tim is shoved out the door.
Tim because of the play, Stringer because her action, if not explained to the fanbase's satisfaction, is moved to administration without a say on who replaces her or told to leave completely if she finds that unacceptable.

I have been a big fan and supporter of CVSover the years, but this does look like the kind of $hit that's more about the person than the program and that can't be tolerated..,
Hobbs and Stringer need to inform the RUWBB fanbase about the reasoning behind Vivian not being part of the program right after re-upping or the something smells rotten at Rutgers will be what this program will be about instead of rooting for the program .
The silence is unacceptable, even to this long time supporter.

Shame on Hobbs and Stringer for making me feel there's something amiss concerning Stringer's absence.

Until we know the facts about how it came to be, we can assume anything we want when talking about the LOA.
We can claim it was a Mafia like move and make Hobbs an accessory to the perceived crime
What pisses me off is the lack of information about this LOA except the implication it was done for family health reasons and the changes in the way the safety rules would be put in place this year that are not the same as last season.
Nothing about when it was decided , leaving everyone to assume the LOA started the moment the contract was signed .
There is nothing I can say will end that feeling, because nothing was said by RU or CVS about when the LOA started.
Heck from where I stand, it does look like it stared right after contract was signed.

The truth is the way this was handled by all parties was a disgrace and the fanbase has every right to be angry and you Bob have every right to feel the way you do because this whole sordid affair was never explained properly to the fanbase , like they don't count except to blindly support the program and have no right to know what's going on except the W-L record is.

I;ll give the benefit of doubt , for now, but feel LOA or no LOA CVS put herself in a position to be blamed for how this season goes and if it's a bad one, like looking now, she goes faster than Tim is shoved out the door.
Tim because of the play, Stringer because her action, if not explained to the fanbase's satisfaction, is moved to administration without a say on who replaces her or told to leave completely if she finds that unacceptable.

I have been a big fan and supporter of CVSover the years, but this does look like the kind of $hit that's more about the person than the program and that can't be tolerated..,
Hobbs and Stringer need to inform the RUWBB fanbase about the reasoning behind Vivian not being part of the program right after re-upping or the something smells rotten at Rutgers will be what this program will be about instead of rooting for the program .

Shame on Hobbs and Stringer for making me feel there's something amiss concerning Stringer's absence.
Very well put.

Reactions: RC66

We were told. Whether you agree or not, Tim said that it was Covid concerns for her and her daughter. She is a cancer survivor and her daughter is high risk. Plus, they no longer require regular testing of the players. Are you looking for more?

We were told. Whether you agree or not, Tim said that it was Covid concerns for her and her daughter. She is a cancer survivor and her daughter is high risk. Plus, they no longer require regular testing of the players. Are you looking for more?
Yes I remember reading an article implying that was the reason, but didn't see the official announcement about the LOA being taken.
Glad you verified Hobbs announced CVS going on a leave of absence and her reason for taking it
Because I didn't see any official notice and this site, to my knowledgem didn't put it up for view.

Not looking for more, but was looking for if it was officially announced and when it was announced because it seems like Stringer signed the extension then went on paid leave.
( assuming the LOA is a paid one, because never heard if it was unpaid )

Last edited:
If testing was an issue, she could have subjected herself to regular testing.

If testing was an issue, she could have subjected herself to regular testing.
Sounds reasonable, but if those around you aren't tested on a regular bases, you might catch it and bring it home without knowing, then find out next test you take that you're infected.
Possibly having infecting those you live with .
Nothing is totally safe and/or fool proof, but tests taken by one that are negative can turn into a positive next time taken because someone around you has the virus and don't know they do because they are not tested and that person came by you at work after you were tested and infected you.

Sounds reasonable, but if those around you aren't tested on a regular bases, you might catch it and bring it home without knowing, then find out next test you take that you're infected.
Possibly having infecting those you live with .
Nothing is totally safe and/or fool proof, but tests taken by one that are negative can turn into a positive next time taken because someone around you has the virus and don't know they do because they are not tested and that person came by you at work after you were tested and infected you.
Agreeing with that assessment, nothing is a guarantee.
I suggest that last year was a greater risk than this year (less vaccinated and less treatments).
What's going to change next year ? Will the virus be eradicated ?

Reactions: Ridge 22
ho26rus,
the implication that RUWBB is failing has been shared by many on this board.
A winning record doesn't mean a thing to them.
Lack of institutional support excuses are only valid for other RU sports.
Those posters don't care about recruits coming despite the facilities they seen on recruiting trips and coming because of the HC's reputation and sports-wise respect. .
The sweet sixteen or it's a bust is what they mean when program is in decline.
Making the tourney only adds to the complaint and some even act like RU hasn't been in one since the stoneage.

No amount of posting Rutgers WBB Program's record either the last 4 or 10 will change some posters from trying to impress on others that the team is a loser and the HC over her head and needs to be replaced.
This LOA gives them a new way to complain and those complaints might have a bit of truth to them.
But this RUWBB program has proven to be a winning one in the past under CVS.
Now looks like a terrible season under Tim and the blame rightfully be placed on Stringer's LOA ,but not her coaching> that's on Tim and he needs to be replaced ASAP.
What a crock of shit!

It would be strange if an employment contract did not cover different contingencies such as unable to perform your normal duties. It would provide some language in what happens if person was unable to perform those duties for an extended period. If the contract didn’t deal with the situation shame on Hobbs and Rutgers team of lawyers. If the contract was written properly, RU would have some leverage in this situation to say to CVS you cannot perform your assigned duties so we are offering you an administrative position that pays $300,000 per year or a 1 million severance package. This is on top of whatever Retirement Program RU offers. Everyone of us has to deal someday with the issue of not being able to physically or mentally to do our job. That’s why retirement programs, social security and IRAs exist.

It would be strange if an employment contract did not cover different contingencies such as unable to perform your normal duties. It would provide some language in what happens if person was unable to perform those duties for an extended period. If the contract didn’t deal with the situation shame on Hobbs and Rutgers team of lawyers. If the contract was written properly, RU would have some leverage in this situation to say to CVS you cannot perform your assigned duties so we are offering you an administrative position that pays $300,000 per year or a 1 million severance package. This is on top of whatever Retirement Program RU offers. Everyone of us has to deal someday with the issue of not being able to physically or mentally to do our job. That’s why retirement programs, social security and IRAs exist.
can agree with most of what you said, but I don't know just what the contract contains.
I do believe that it has in it : CVS can move to administration at the same pay.
That would kill the $300,000 and the severance would be what's owed for remaining years not just what Hobbs wants.
The question is ???: can Stringer be moved to administration against her will , or does the contract stipulate moving to administration would be by mutual consent .

What leverage Hobbs has on CVS being unable to perform HC duties for an extended period.might have gone out the window the moment he agreed to the LOA.

Reactions: robjknight
My friend who I gave my tickets to because I had another event I had committed to earlier said there was only 100 or so fans in attendance which is sad

Also a widower/single mom with a disabled daughter to care for.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
Also a widower/single mom with a disabled daughter to care for.
agree that's a good reason for OKing LOA, but when LOA started and if the possibility of having to take a LOA was discused during contract talks is the question for me.
I don't begrudge the LOA or reason to take it, but wonder the timeline surrounding Hobbs granting it .
Also wonder why Stringer couldn't be moved to administration temporary and work from a zoom setting.
The contract language isn't known, to my knowledge, so the clause says about Vivian moving into an administration position from HC can only be guessed .

There's more questions than answers surrounding this LOA and the contract..
When did the LOA officially start and why didn't Stringer just move to administrative duties .
The reason for LOA was a valid one, in my opinion, but everything else about it seems like a big secrete .

Last edited:
My friend who I gave my tickets to because I had another event I had committed to earlier said there was only 100 or so fans in attendance which is sad
I was there...small crowd but definitely more than 100. I'd estimate 500-700. Still sad.

I was there...small crowd but definitely more than 100. I'd estimate 500-700. Still sad.
I saw it listed as mid-400s. At Arizona we had over 8000. Against New Mexico (no, there is no rivalry).

I'm with you. Sad. Even in the "bad" days (and Arizona had some really bad days a few years ago, they would have loved to be Rutgers) we never dropped below 1000.

Reactions: Esipos1 and ecojew
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT