ADVERTISEMENT

Support this team vs Virginia Tech

Do their fans all wait until 15 min before and get in within 15 min? Thought someone posted the same issue at PSU.

This is where RU has a cognitive disconnect.

Fans complain about the ear-splitting warmup music and are told - tough, it’s for the players. So they wait outside.

Fans’ issues with the prohibitions on bringing in refreshments and lousy concession stands are dismissed. So they tailgate longer.

This contributes to fans entering later, logjams at the gates occur and we are told - get here earlier.

Coaches and players lament that the stadium isn’t full at kick-off.

Fans complain about the ear-splitting warmup music and are told - tough, it’s for the players. So they wait outside.

Fans’ issues with the prohibitions on bringing in refreshments and lousy concession stands are dismissed. So they tailgate longer.

This contributes to fans entering later, logjams at the gates occur and we are told - get here earlier.

Bingo. They’re either incompetent or don’t give a shit with multiple things.

Reactions: RutgersB1GTen
This ^^^ I noticed it takes a lot longer to scan 5 tickets than rip off 5 stubs. Now multiply that by 20,000 coming in 15 to 20 mins. before kickoff and you get cluster fvck. You want the digital age Rutgers, than put in the infrastructure to handle it.
This is fake news. They still scan paper tickets.

Reactions: TRU2RU
This ^^^ I noticed it takes a lot longer to scan 5 tickets than rip off 5 stubs. Now multiply that by 20,000 coming in 15 to 20 mins. before kickoff and you get cluster fvck. You want the digital age Rutgers, than put in the infrastructure to handle it.
Please don't phone shame the Android crowd, but why do the football tickets require 3 touches when in Google Wallet? First to open ticket, then you have to show code, after touching show code, some instructions on how to hold your ticket to the scanner. I have selected don't show this again multiple times, but it comes up for every ticket.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU

This is also fake news. It’s the same at other stadiums But they can all be in their seats before KO. It’s a culture issue. Let’s be real. For a long time, tailgate was the best part of game day experience. Until the team wins consistently, this will not change.

The administration needs to quickly evaluate the problems at the gates and announce plans to improve initially with staffing and eventually with technology. They also need to reevaluate their stance on water bottles and using Homeland Security as an excuse. They need to change the perception that they are doing everything to make the experience poorer to one that they are striving to improve perception and the actual experience.

This is also fake news. It’s the same at other stadiums But they can all be in their seats before KO. It’s a culture issue. Let’s be real. For a long time, tailgate was the best part of game day experience. Until the team wins consistently, this will not change.
I don’t have a reference point because I haven’t been to other venues unless it’s through work. Took my group 10 min but thought that was fair given the amount of people trying to get in. Was annoyed they closed my normal gate for some reason.

Those two observations don’t go together.

Reactions: RutgersB1GTen
The administration needs to quickly evaluate the problems at the gates and announce plans to improve initially with staffing and eventually with technology. They also need to reevaluate their stance on water bottles and using Homeland Security as an excuse. They need to change the perception that they are doing everything to make the experience poorer to one that they are striving to improve perception and the actual experience.
Yes, let’s make golf course a parking lot so everyone can park for free and be close to the stadium. We all something for nothing.

Be sure to be in your seats early so that RU isn't losing by 3 TDs before the first quarter is over. Apparently, fans showing up on time makes the playing and coaching better.

? Not following. I don’t need to visit other stadiums to know they don’t allow outside food and drinks.
I think you do. There’s been plenty of commentary on these boards that RU is an outlier. Maybe the only venue in the area or country to have such strict prohibitions.

This is fake news. They still scan paper tickets.
OK and I can scan ten paper tickets in less than half the time it takes you to fumble through ten tickets on your phone. You have to look at the phone find the ticket scan, again turn the phone to you, flip to next than scan. Then let's not forget each ticket doesn't scan on the first try. My wife's a wiz at this and still runs into problems, now let's take a less tech savvy 70 yr.' old and multiply that by a couple thousand.

I simply have to file through ten pieces of paper, not going to the next page till I hear the ding while you fumble to see what's going on with the unscanned ticket.

Is there a nap in between?

for me? God no. I'm up at 4:30 to finish heating up/cooking whatever my contribution is that week, throw that and the cooler in the SUV (that was packed the night before) then head up to the stadium. In the parking lot no later than 7. set up complete by 8 and breakfast sandwiches start. On days like yesterday, i stroll around and go see the guys at Old Queens Island in Scarlet (they are the only ones there at that time) and my friends in Green (also the only ones there).
the rest of the day is spent conversing, putting food out, going to the Scarlet Walk, and having a good time. Breakdown starts 1'15" before kick off and we're done somewhere around 30 minutes prior to kick off then walk up to the stadium. Some days it cuts it a bit short and I may miss kick off (which annoys the crap out of me)

Yesterday up at 4:30am and home about 1am. I slept well last night. very well.

I think you do. There’s been plenty of commentary on these boards that RU is an outlier. Maybe the only venue in the area or country to have such strict prohibitions.
Really? What stadium let’s you bring food and drinks?

for me? God no. I'm up at 4:30 to finish heating up/cooking whatever my contribution is that week, throw that and the cooler in the SUV (that was packed the night before) then head up to the stadium. In the parking lot no later than 7. set up complete by 8 and breakfast sandwiches start. On days like yesterday, i stroll around and go see the guys at Old Queens Island in Scarlet (they are the only ones there at that time) and my friends in Green (also the only ones there).
the rest of the day is spent conversing, putting food out, going to the Scarlet Walk, and having a good time. Breakdown starts 1'15" before kick off and we're done somewhere around 30 minutes prior to kick off then walk up to the stadium. Some days it cuts it a bit short and I may miss kick off (which annoys the crap out of me)

Yesterday up at 4:30am and home about 1am. I slept well last night. very well.
Like a pro. I would’ve been fast out of the gate and nap/passed out around 11. Wake up around 2pm for round 2.

Reactions: RUaMoose
OK and I can scan ten paper tickets in less than half the time it takes you to fumble through ten tickets on your phone. You have to look at the phone find the ticket scan, again turn the phone to you, flip to next than scan. Then let's not forget each ticket doesn't scan on the first try. My wife's a wiz at this and still runs into problems, now let's take a less tech savvy 70 yr.' old and multiply that by a couple thousand.

I simply have to file through ten pieces of paper, not going to the next page till I hear the ding while you fumble to see what's going on with the unscanned ticket.
Wait for the ezpass lane to open.

I said this yesterday to my group...they need to add more people scanning tickets at the gates. While I know there are limited entry points that everyone has to funnel into but if they had 4-5 people deep scanning tickets things would move much faster. They do this in the parking lots which I find funny to keep the flow of traffic moving but do not do it at the gates.
We didn't get into the stadium until 7:30 and were on line for 15mins and there was a huge crowd. This can easily be fixed bc people are attempting to get into the stadium. This is NOT an issue with fans not showing up on time though that does still remain a larger issue
The stadium entry was straight up dog shit near game time. They should roll people in quick no matter when they get there. The process has no reason to consume time.

Even the cops were like " I have no idea why things are so effin' slow" .
Scan and go is easy. Game time add a bunch to get folks through. People that are paying decide when is good to come in. Be ready when they show up. Giant lines are complete nonsense.

The stadium entry was straight up dog shit near game time. They should roll people in quick no matter when they get there. The process has no reason to consume time.

Even the cops were like " I have no idea why things are so effin' slow" .
Scan and go is easy. Game time add a bunch to get folks through. People that are paying decide when is good to come in. Be ready when they show up. Giant lines are complete nonsense.

Why r you going in at game time? THATS the issue. Serious question. I went in at 7:00 and it took about 3 minutes. Entrance by the board walk which should be the worst.

Seriously what time did you leave ur tailgate?

That’s the problem. You had all day and early evening to do whatever u do. Eat drink both whatever. Can’t leave 15 minutes earlier.

Be sure to be in your seats early so that RU isn't losing by 3 TDs before the first quarter is over. Apparently, fans showing up on time makes the playing and coaching better.
That's not really the point, and nobody ever said that. It's about representing and being a solid fanbase. Check out other stadiums with winning programs. Rutgers/NJ are famous for arriving late, leaving early, with a list of excuses longer than the phone book.

Hardly anyone goes in through the scarlet lot entrance. They need people directing fans towards that entrance.

Why r you going in at game time? THATS the issue. Serious question. I went in at 7:00 and it took about 3 minutes. Entrance by the board walk which should be the worst.

Seriously what time did you leave ur tailgate?

That’s the problem. You had all day and early evening to do whatever u do. Eat drink both whatever. Can’t leave 15 minutes earlier.
You are exactly what I'm talking about. The PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING can come in ANY DAMN TIME THEY WANT. We come in late because the music is too loud and AWEFUL. The food and drinks suck and are too expensive. No reason to enter early. If you don't have great things available to you, that's not my issue. I am going to bring sound cancelling ear buds next week to avoid the crap. LOVE the school and the team. Not a fan of the morons in charge of the stadium.
If you want crazy for the student section (which I agree with) point the loud shit they like @ them. We know where they are. By the end of the night my left ear was shot from the crap. I also couldn't talk with people next to me. I'M PAYING FOR IT ALL AND DONATING. If the atmosphere sucks I will choose not to show and watch on TV. Might even show up to tailgate then roll out before game time.

You are exactly what I'm talking about. The PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING can come in ANY DAMN TIME THEY WANT. We come in late because the music is too loud and AWEFUL. The food and drinks suck and are too expensive. No reason to enter early. If you don't have great things available to you, that's not my issue. I am going to bring sound cancelling ear buds next week to avoid the crap. LOVE the school and the team. Not a fan of the morons in charge of the stadium.
If you want crazy for the student section (which I agree with) point the loud shit they like @ them. We know where they are. By the end of the night my left ear was shot from the crap. I also couldn't talk with people next to me. I'M PAYING FOR IT ALL AND DONATING. If the atmosphere sucks I will choose not to show and watch on TV. Might even show up to tailgate then roll out before game time.
Wait a minute.
We always enter at least 45 minutes, and often an hour before kickoff. Last night it was 30 minutes before kickoff. 15-20 minutes before kickoff the marching band takes the field, plays the National Anthem and On the Banks of the Raritan, the horse video plays and the team enters.

Entering 20 minutes before kickoff, there is no loud music.
Second, I fail to understand some people's need to constantly be eating and drinking for the entire game. It's one thing to hydrate on hot summer day, but the nonstop getting up and down to get another beer, soda, peanuts, hot dog, fries, etc.? Maybe I'm unique, but I like to watch the game. And when I do get up to go to the bathroom, I wait for a timeout, and don't barge through the stands while play is going on.

We moved to the club a few years ago. Even though there is free food there from an hour before kickoff until the 4th quarter, most of the time, we have something to eat before the game, and sometimes (most times not) something smaller at halftime.

Club seats is a good solution for you. Or, come 10 min after KO

Club seats is a good solution for you. Or, come 10 min after KO
Or wherever and whenever I want.

Personally hate the club seats. Just an extension of the mothball atmosphere from the Scarlet lot. Which I bust chops about with a bunch of friends I visit there😂😂.

Even the President's box was too high falootin when I went with the wife when she worked for RU. I'm a football guy. Don't need or want the old people spots. I'm there for the actual game.

Or wherever and whenever I want.

Personally hate the club seats. Just an extension of the mothball atmosphere from the Scarlet lot. Which I bust chops about with a bunch of friends I visit there😂😂.

Even the President's box was too high falootin when I went with the wife when she worked for RU. I'm a football guy. Don't need or want the old people spots. I'm there for the actual game.
Get over yourself already.
The club is fine, and a great experience. A lot of hard core fans in the club that love football, the team and Rutgers. You seem angry at everything.

Wait a minute.
We always enter at least 45 minutes, and often an hour before kickoff. Last night it was 30 minutes before kickoff. 15-20 minutes before kickoff the marching band takes the field, plays the National Anthem and On the Banks of the Raritan, the horse video plays and the team enters.

Entering 20 minutes before kickoff, there is no loud music.
Second, I fail to understand some people's need to constantly be eating and drinking for the entire game. It's one thing to hydrate on hot summer day, but the nonstop getting up and down to get another beer, soda, peanuts, hot dog, fries, etc.? Maybe I'm unique, but I like to watch the game. And when I do get up to go to the bathroom, I wait for a timeout, and don't barge through the stands while play is going on.

We moved to the club a few years ago. Even though there is free food there from an hour before kickoff until the 4th quarter, most of the time, we have something to eat before the game, and sometimes (most times not) something smaller at halftime.
See , you aren't dealing with the loud and bad. I see where you're coming from. It's all great if that's what you like. I have no problem. Club seats are like watching on TV for all intents and purposes. I'm an on the field with the team kind of guy. No judgement on you. We're just different.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's an opportunity to be at a classic game that might shape up to be on the order of the 1992 game, which was the last time Rutgers beat VTech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT