ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 Discussion Thread

Whaaaaaaah! ACC-less Final Four. Half the conference gets invited and they can't manage a FF team. Nice.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
I dont know what to think about Leonard Hamilton as a coach.
He is good enough to keep his job but not a top level coach. His teams played undisciplined b-ball and sometimes his x’s and o’s leave something to be desired. I saw the FSU/Virginia game last month in Tallahassee. FSU is down 3 with about a minute to go and shooting foul shots. He doesn’t put anybody on the foul lane for a potential miss. Made no sense.

Reactions: higgins3
Here. Hey, I'm noticing that all the Nevada players are putting a hand in the face of the man with the ball. Is that a new defensive move? Haven't seen that before. I guess it would disrupt seeing the court well.
Quincy Douby used to do that his freshman year.

Fellas what you're proposing is turning upside down an event that arguably is now Americas # 1 sporting event right up there with the World Series and Super Bowl to make about 6 mid major programs a year happy.

Sorry it ain't happening.

You want fair ?

Fair is a place where they put a big Ferris Wheel out in a field and put a Blue Ribbon on a pig.
The NCAA Selection Committee settles for lipstick.

Always great to see four 1-and-done kids like Duke’s fail to win a regular season title or a conference tournament and then fail to make the Final 4. K might win the recruiting rankings, but whoop dee damn doo.

The NCAA Committee wants a Duke versus Villanova final for tv ratings.
Then they shouldn't have placed them on the same side of the bracket. Would've been a semifinal game.

At least with the way the brackets line up, I will have someone to root for in the finals.

Bye bye big bad ACC - NOT! Take all your one and done and go home. Even the refs couldn't save you.

Reactions: LC-88
Why didn't Duke foul at the end of regulation? They had 2 fouls to give.

If they tried to foul and didn't get the call, then shame on them or shame on the refs in that spot.

Gotta make an obvious (but not flagrant) foul there and force them to throw in from the sidelines. In fact they could have done it twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT