ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse football on Probation

jakeknight

Senior
Jan 29, 2009
it pretty clear what the probation penalties are for Syracuse BB, but what does probation mean for Football? Are they bowl eligible? it did not appear that they lost scholarships or have to reduce off campus recruiting like BB so what is the impact of Probation for the football team?
This post was edited on 3/7 9:35 AM by jakeknight

Parents of 3 and 4 star rectuits are prohibiting their kids from playing football at Syracuse.

violations appear to be centered on noncompliance with their Drug testing program, improper benefits for three player (from the YMCA slush fund) and potentially academic integrity issues.
This post was edited on 3/7 9:45 AM by jakeknight

Based on the articles I read on CBSSPORTS.COM the football program really has no sanctions at all. I don't think probation carries any sanctions per Se, it means they are being watched. So football is essentially okay and basketball looses three ships.

Sanctions or probation..whatever the lingo...it cant help.

Even before the sanctions Cuse football was tanking........its a downward spiral(and I like it)

To eek out losing records they had to cheat. Tells you all you need to know.

Originally posted by jakeknight:
it pretty clear what the probation penalties are for Syracuse BB, but what does probation mean for Football? Are they bowl eligible? it did not appear that they lost scholarships or have to reduce off campus recruiting like BB so what is the impact of Probation for the football team?
This post was edited on 3/7 9:35 AM by jakeknight
hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT