ADVERTISEMENT

T. Hunt Article ; Boston College gaining in N.J. Recruiting

BlockR

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2015
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...commitments-from-the-highly-touted-big-north/

So the Eagles have secured, arguably, N.J.'s top two rising senior linebackers, as well as the state's top dual-threat quarterback in Bergen Catholic's (Oradell, N.J.) Johnny Langan, and one of its more vicious safeties in St. Joseph's (Mont.) Evan Stewart (both three-stars)

The Eagles' most obvious tie to the area is defensive backs coach Anthony Campanile, who currently coaches defensive backs, as he was not retained by the Rutgers staff when it touched down in 2015.

Considering New Jersey is Campanile's natural habitat, it's no mistake that he's responsible for recruiting his state for the Eagles.

Prior to his coaching stint at Rutgers, Campanile played for the Scarlet Knights from 2001 to 2004. He then coached at Don Bosco from 2007 to 2011, where his relationships throughout the conference, and state, evolved and still stand today. And even though the Big North is competitive in-season, for the most part, the teams stand together in representation of their dominance whenever outside the lines.

joe-seattlefan.gif

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I don't follow recruiting super close but articles like this must concern coach Ash and staff. If he was brought in to clean up the program the University got their money's worth. Now the question is can a DC from the Midwest recruit NJ, because from a Birdseye view he seems like he's struggling. These articles combined with yesterday's radio show lead me to believe there may be something wrong on the Banks. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: RUaMoose
All of the LB's we landed last year are better than the two bc landed this year..so is lacewell
I like our LB's from last year. I do think they are better but Im not what you see in Lacewell that says he's better than any of BC's current LB commits.

If we don't get any NJ recruits -- regardless of the reason(s) -- these articles are inevitable.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I like our LB's from last year. I do think they are better but Im not what you see in Lacewell that says he's better than any of BC's current LB commits.

A majority of people "in the business" believe Lacewell is an "all-conference" LB waiting to happen. I am not personally making that judgement, I haven't seen him live, but that's what a lot of people are saying.

With the season RU had last year these recruits would have gone to BC or [fill in the blank] regardless of a former NJ RU coach/player being on their staff.

GO RU

staff,as mid west base guys needed to keep Camp or put someone on staff with a "in" at Big Six in NJ..T.Hunt,whose job is covering recruiting,is telling you the impact Camp has created in NJ for BC..

Reactions: PJR1
Do you really believe that all of a sudden, Ash forgot how to recruit or to coach once he left Ohio St., Arkansas, etc.!?

I don't follow recruiting super close but articles like this must concern coach Ash and staff. If he was brought in to clean up the program the University got their money's worth. Now the question is can a DC from the Midwest recruit NJ, because from a Birdseye view he seems like he's struggling. These articles combined with yesterday's radio show lead me to believe there may be something wrong on the Banks. I hope I'm wrong.

Good for BC. They play Syracuse, Pitt, Duke, Louisville, Wake Forest ect. And still go 5-7.
And they play FSU, Clemson and VT. Also, consistently play ND and have a decent P5 OOC schedule. New AD just added home and home with Michigan St. I prefer the teams in BIG East division, but don't pretend that ACC Atlantic doesn't provide very good opponents. BC has always outperformed RU on the field. Potential and fertile recruiting ground are not true measurables. There isn't one legitimate area in which RU has outperformed BC

A majority of people "in the business" believe Lacewell is an "all-conference" LB waiting to happen. I am not personally making that judgement, I haven't seen him live, but that's what a lot of people are saying.

Ash's defense requires a lot of speed from the LBs. It's why guys like a certain favorite recruit from Florida couldn't cut it and transferred out. Ash's preference, are the Khaz Greene type LBs. Or like Darron Lee, from Ohio State. Lacewell has the measurables to be another Darron Lee.

By the way, wait till you see Fatukasi.

It is always difficult for a public university to compete with a Catholic college for kids who may well have spent their whole school careers in the Catholic school system.

For most of them, it's just HS. And what hasn't been mentioned is that BC has Chestnut Hill and Boston just down the Green Line.

And they play FSU, Clemson and VT. Also, consistently play ND and have a decent P5 OOC schedule. New AD just added home and home with Michigan St. I prefer the teams in BIG East division, but don't pretend that ACC Atlantic doesn't provide very good opponents. BC has always outperformed RU on the field. Potential and fertile recruiting ground are not true measurables. There isn't one legitimate area in which RU has outperformed BC
BC don't play the same squads that Rutgers plays. Have you seen the recruiting rankings? Come back when the division has all six of the seven squads in the top 42 with 5 all in the top 25.

Reactions: ruready07
HOLY SHOCKER BATMAN! 3 parochial school kids are COMMITTED to a parochial school which has (almost) always recruited the NJ parochial schools well (specifically when RU has had a bad year or two...or 10...)???

I'm blown away. Absolutely BLOWN AWAY by this stunning news!

For most of them, it's just HS. And what hasn't been mentioned is that BC has Chestnut Hill and Boston just down the Green Line.

Even so, a kid who switched from the public school system to a Catholic school has shown a preference for Catholic educational institutions. So it's not surprising the kid would want to go to a Catholic college.

NJ Catholic HS players going to BC has been a regular event for many years before Camp was hired.

and have a decent P5 OOC schedule.C
Wait? What?:confused: They played UMass/2-10, Wagner/6-5, Buffalo/2-10 and UConn/3-9 last year for OCC. Sorry, but that's cream puff U. This year's schedule includes N. Illinois/ 5-7, Cent. Michigan/ 6-7 and UConn/ 3-9. A little better but still not a team on that list with a winning record. Even if you count ND/4-8 as OOC. Hell we even played New Mexico and they went 9-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeRU0304
HOLY SHOCKER BATMAN! 3 parochial school kids are COMMITTED to a parochial school which has (almost) always recruited the NJ parochial schools well (specifically when RU has had a bad year or two...or 10...)???

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

1370118264572.jpg

Quick schedule change...take out Washington put in BC!!

Who cares about BC and their recruits.

The problem is the Star Liar and NJ.com

Delete the app, stop reading their crap

BC has always got a few catholic school recruits, most dont pan out and BC is bottom of ACC with them.

The difference is in the past RU got its share of studs from the Bergen County parochials ( Carroo, Nova, Teel, McGourty brothers, Kivlehan, Hamilton, Beauharnais)
For whatever reason, that has stopped.

If their class was our class, a lot of people would be pissed off. Doesn't mean they don't have a nice kid here or there, but for comparison's sake, our class last year was 100x better than their class this year (I compare the two since they already have like 19 commits).

MAYBE we need to add NC state to the list RU needs to beat out..Aaron Henry...

After talking it over with a couple of New Jersey guys I've confirmed that following recruits are heading to NC State this Saturday for an unofficial visit.

QB Devin Leary (Timber Creek)
QB Brandon Robinson (Irvington)
WR Jasiah Provillon (Irvington)
DE Jalen Scott (Irvington)
DE Lancine Turay (Irvington)
DB Darryl Hill (Irvington)
ATH Daevon Robinson (Shawnee)

1 Richard Schnyderite, Monday at 10:19 AM
Last edited: Today at 11:53 AM

nj.com ought to do an article on it. Oh, wait........

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...commitments-from-the-highly-touted-big-north/

So the Eagles have secured, arguably, N.J.'s top two rising senior linebackers, as well as the state's top dual-threat quarterback in Bergen Catholic's (Oradell, N.J.) Johnny Langan, and one of its more vicious safeties in St. Joseph's (Mont.) Evan Stewart (both three-stars)

The Eagles' most obvious tie to the area is defensive backs coach Anthony Campanile, who currently coaches defensive backs, as he was not retained by the Rutgers staff when it touched down in 2015.

Considering New Jersey is Campanile's natural habitat, it's no mistake that he's responsible for recruiting his state for the Eagles.

Prior to his coaching stint at Rutgers, Campanile played for the Scarlet Knights from 2001 to 2004. He then coached at Don Bosco from 2007 to 2011, where his relationships throughout the conference, and state, evolved and still stand today. And even though the Big North is competitive in-season, for the most part, the teams stand together in representation of their dominance whenever outside the lines.
Didn't think we had much of an interest in either Langan and Stewart. So if you want to play up as a big deal they got two players we weren't really recruiting, have at it.

RU "let Stewart go" for now rolling the dice they are going to land Brennan.
Time will tell.

MAYBE we need to add NC state to the list RU needs to beat out..Aaron Henry...

After talking it over with a couple of New Jersey guys I've confirmed that following recruits are heading to NC State this Saturday for an unofficial visit.

QB Devin Leary (Timber Creek)
QB Brandon Robinson (Irvington)
WR Jasiah Provillon (Irvington)
DE Jalen Scott (Irvington)
DE Lancine Turay (Irvington)
DB Darryl Hill (Irvington)
ATH Daevon Robinson (Shawnee)

1 Richard Schnyderite, Monday at 10:19 AM
Last edited: Today at 11:53 AM

It's NC State's 7-on-7 tournament this Saturday. Guess the Irvington crew has a team registered to play. Big deal. Nice trip for these kids.

We already have our QBs from Cali. and Leary is committed to NC State. Yes, Robinson was a miss, however, the other kids on the list, excluding Turay, don't have Rutgers offers. The only kid on this list of interest is Turay.

Edit: meant to say their tournament is on Friday, June 23

Last edited:
BC beat no one last year. Brother-in-law is BC grad and he told me they beat nobody.

If their class was our class, a lot of people would be pissed off. Doesn't mean they don't have a nice kid here or there, but for comparison's sake, our class last year was 100x better than their class this year (I compare the two since they already have like 19 commits).

Last year RU class was ranked 43.
This year BC is ranked 30 so far, with 9 three stars and 1 four stars.
RU had 9 two stars of it's 26 commits last year.
BC has 9 two stars , or unranked , so far this year

Boston College

19 0 1 9 2.05 885

Rutgers

26 0 3 14 2.77 1457

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

https://rutgers.rivals.com/commitments
/football/2017

I think BC's final ranking will be similair to Rutlgers last year (mid 40s)

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT