ADVERTISEMENT

T. Hunt Article ; Boston College gaining in N.J. Recruiting

If I'm a BC fan, I'm a little worried about the amount of white players they're taking

Disclaimer: I'm white

Reactions: BlockR
Last year RU class was ranked 43.
This year BC is ranked 30 so far, with 9 three stars and 1 four stars.
RU had 9 two stars of it's 26 commits last year.
BC has 9 two stars , or unranked , so far this year

Boston College

19 0 1 9 2.05 885

Rutgers

26 0 3 14 2.77 1457

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

https://rutgers.rivals.com/commitments
/football/2017

I think BC's final ranking will be similair to Rutlgers last year (mid 40s)

BC's average star rating is just over 2. Ours was 2.75. Still not great, but 3/4 points higher! There's a difference between three star Johnny Langan and three star Jon Lewis.

Aaron Henry isn't recruiting jersey
Aaron Henry‏Verified account@AaronHenry7 Jun 20
From NJ to NC!!!! Welcome Home!!!
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png
1f43a.png

The difference is in the past RU got its share of studs from the Bergen County parochials ( Carroo, Nova, Teel, McGourty brothers, Kivlehan, Hamilton, Beauharnais)
For whatever reason, that has stopped.

See these are the kinds of posts that I hate. Pushing a narrative that simply isn't true.

Last I checked Jarrett Paul is from a Bergen County parochial. Oh what's that - he's only a two star? Well, so were Nova, Kivlehan, McCourty's and Beauharnais. Oh what's that again - Paul is really from New York. Yeah, well, so were the McCourty's. What else? BTW, without naming names, I know of 3 that we are very much a player for.

Also, last I checked, Jonathan Lewis is from SPP. I could be mistaken I'm not sure, but I believe they are a Bergen County parochial school too. Let's not forget Howson, Maietti and KJ Gray.

Here's the real story on the parochial kids you mentioned - most of the kids we got in the past were from 1) St Joe's Montvale because their coach was pro-RU (who has since left) and 2) from the Hafley era.

You're trying to paint a picture that it was a mistake to let Campo go. However, facts were, he didnt exactly bring recruits from North Jersey parochials under Flood to Rutgers. Schiano and Flood struggled to recruit North Bergen parochial kids (other than, again St Joes and Hafley era kids). Not sure why all of a sudden it's a shock that these kids are going to BC.

Lastly, did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason Campo was not retained was they weren't crazy about, oh I don't know, his main job, which was to coach DBs? Last I checked, Ash knows a thing or two about that. Let's see how BC's pass defense is with him at the helm.

See these are the kinds of posts that I hate. Pushing a narrative that simply isn't true.

Last I checked Jarrett Paul is from a Bergen County parochial. Oh what's that - he's only a two star? Well, so were Nova, Kivlehan, McCourty's and Beauharnais. Oh what's that again - Paul is really from New York. Yeah, well, so were the McCourty's. What else? BTW, without naming names, I know of 3 that we are very much a player for.

Also, last I checked, Jonathan Lewis is from SPP. I could be mistaken I'm not sure, but I believe they are a Bergen County parochial school too. Let's not forget Howson, Maietti and KJ Gray.

Here's the real story on the parochial kids you mentioned - most of the kids we got in the past were from 1) St Joe's Montvale because their coach was pro-RU (who has since left) and 2) from the Hafley era.

You're trying to paint a picture that it was a mistake to let Campo go. However, facts were, he didnt exactly bring recruits from North Jersey parochials under Flood to Rutgers. Schiano and Flood struggled to recruit North Bergen parochial kids (other than, again St Joes and Hafley era kids). Not sure why all of a sudden it's a shock that these kids are going to BC.

Lastly, did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason Campo was not retained was they weren't crazy about, oh I don't know, his main job, which was to coach DBs? Last I checked, Ash knows a thing or two about that. Let's see how BC's pass defense is with him at the helm.

Nova and Beauharnais were 3 stars, Beauharnais was upgraded when he transferred from Saddle Brook to St. Joe's

SPP is in Hudson County

Carry on.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Nova and Beauharnais were 3 stars, Beauharnais was upgraded when he transferred from Saddle Brook to St. Joe's

SPP is in Hudson County

Carry on.
Camp is recruiting NJ hard for BC.Should have kept him on staff as a RU alum and his relationships in State.Per T.H.
N.J. three-stars Travon King (Woodrow Wilson), Elijah McAllister (Rumson-Fair Haven), Javontae Jean-Baptiste (Bergen Catholic), Khris Bank (DePaul) and Kevin Brennan (Don Bosco) strongly considering the Eagles, things could get worse before they improve for fans hoping to keep N.J's best in-state.

The Eagles also have offers out to non-committed N.J. four-stars Jayson Oweh, Tyler Friday and Shayne Simon, as well as three-stars Jasiah Provillon and Lancine Turay, which are less likely to join the fray.

SPP is in Hudson County

Carry on.

Ok, my mistake. But the point still stands. Take out the kids from Montvale and the Hafley Era and Ash's recruiting with these schools isnt any different from Schiano or Flood - even when Campo was on Flood's staff.

ehhh if they want to go to BC, we will find replacements from Cali, Ga, NYC...eventually, they may get the hint that we ain't going to sit on our asses and cry about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT