ADVERTISEMENT

TE Korab Idrizi FLIPS to BC!

No just their fans did.

thetoothpicker-20131008112819.jpg
Lol i was at a game against then #1 FSU and they were in the game the whole way, no one gave a crap.

Is his middle name Fredo?

There is a great deal of pressure on kids from the parochial schools to go to a Catholic college
I had three different teachers tell me going to Rutgers was a mistake and I would be better off at ...St. Joes...or Mount St Marys...
or any of the Catholics. It is ingrained in the faculty and filters to the students.

The only reason to be really mad here is that his timing directly affected how RU staff approached this weekends visits, and had no TE's here.

Reactions: RUtix4me
Rumba-JK had it right, and Nunzio talked about his concern with building ties and creating relationship, it's a little hard to do when the guy you are trying to build a relationship with has an up yours philosophy. Again if this kid was going to visit BC then Nunzio as his coach needs to tell him you don't commit until after your visits. Really Bush league move by the coach.

i said it last week...Ash isn't gonna be able to just walk into schools like BC, DB and others and expect coaches to buy what he's selling

Guys got his work cut out

Huge hit psychologically

Reactions: ruready07
Wow, I know they are kids, but that was a douche bag move. People have some screwed up values. If you know your kid is going to visit his dream school, then don't commit. We don't want this kid. I don't care if he goes pro.

Wow... "douche bag move"?..."screwed up values"?

I am always amazed when grown men slam a 17 year-old kid for making a life decision. Especially when you don't know all the facts.

Look, he committed to RU last week. Given that the recruiting period was running out, that made sense. A week later, he gets an offer from a school that he preferred - so he switched. I understand why this is disappointing, but why is that an issue? Why slam a 17 year-old kid for making a life decision that he thinks is best for him? If circumstances change, then he should do what is right for him. Especially when coaches often make similar "abrupt changes" when circumstances warrant.

A short time ago, KJ Gray decommited from BC to go to RU. Was that a "douche bag move"? "Screwed up values"? Of course not! Circumstances changed and he did what was right for him. Most BC fans were disappointed, but he certainly wasn't slammed for it.

BC just lost a 4-star kid to Stanford. While I am disappointed, I wish this kid well.

Look RU is a fine school...so is BC. They are very different, but both fine schools. Those differences will appeal to specific recruits. Given the fact that schools offer at different points in the recruiting calendar, it should be expected that some decommitments will occur.

Frankly, with all due respect, these kids read these boards and, understandably, don't take kindly to being slammed. Just look at their Twitter accounts. Most importantly, neither do the coaches that post on their Twitter accounts. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Some on here will tell you Ash has done agreat job. I see zero evidence of that. What I HAVE seen is lower expectations, a ton of decommits, and a Terry Shea like delay getting started.
I'm starting to have my doubts as well.

I am always amazed when grown men slam a 17 year-old kid for making a life decision. Especially when you don't know all the facts.

Look, he committed to RU last week. Given that the recruiting period was running out, that made sense. A week later, he gets an offer from a school that he preferred - so he switched. I understand why this is disappointing, but why is that an issue? Why slam a 17 year-old kid for making a life decision that he thinks is best for him? If circumstances change, then he should do what is right for him. Especially when coaches often make similar "abrupt changes" when circumstances warrant.

A short time ago, KJ Gray, decommited from BC to go to RU. Was that a "douche bag move"? "Screwed up values"? Of course not! Circumstances changed and he did what was right for him. Most BC fans were disappointed, but he certainly wasn't slammed for it.

BC just lost a 4-star kid to Stanford. While I am disappointed, I wish this kid well.

Look RU is a fine school...so is BC. They are very different, but both fine schools. Those differences will appeal to specific recruits. Given the fact that schools offer at different points in the recruiting calendar, it should be expected that some decommitments will occur.

Frankly, with all due respect, these kids read these boards and, understandably, don't take kindly to being slammed. Just look at their Twitter accounts. Most importantly, neither do the coaches that post on their Twitter accounts. Just sayin.

Number of words in silly, unnecessary post > number of people at a BC home game.

A guy's gotta work on his math somehow, I guess.

Bless your heart.

Number of words in silly, unnecessary post > number of people at a BC home game.

A guy's gotta work on his math somehow, I guess.

Bless your heart.

Fine...so what did I say that you disagreed with? How's that for brevity?:)

A short time ago, KJ Gray decommited from BC to go to RU. Was that a "douche bag move"? "Screwed up values"? Of course not! Circumstances changed and he did what was right for him. Most BC fans were disappointed, but he certainly wasn't slammed for it.

I agree with some of your post, but KJ Gray is completely different situation. He committed to BC in the summer, let the season play out, and then decommitted on 12/21 - a month before he committed to RU. He didn't leave BC with five days to find a replacement.

That being said, if its important to the staff to have a TE in the class I would assume they have backup plans in place.

I agree with some of your post, but KJ Gray is completely different situation. He committed to BC in the summer, let the season play out, and then decommitted on 12/21 - a month before he committed to RU. He didn't leave BC with five days to find a replacement.

That being said, if its important to the staff to have a TE in the class I would assume they have backup plans in place.

Anybody who thinks this is the same is an idiot. Ash was trying to build good will with NJ HS which is why he took a flyer on the 2 star TE. Then they turn around and stab him in the back.

Reactions: tico brown
What Ash is finding out is he is swimming in a toxic pool who will eat their own young just out of spite ......... this pool include fans whore refuses to support him cause he is not "one of their own".
Not true. Not true at all. I believe that the overwhelming number of fans support coach Ash. But why is it a mortal sin for fans to point out that he was a bit late on the recruiting front? Why is it toxic for the fanbase to draw a reasonable conclusion that his ties to Meyer or OSU have not translated into locking down very good 3 & 4 * recruits? I agree that some posters just come here to blast the guy, but to say he's off to a disappointing start is fair.

Last edited:
Some on here will tell you Ash has done agreat job. I see zero evidence of that. What I HAVE seen is lower expectations, a ton of decommits, and a Terry Shea like delay getting started.

Depends on what you are looking at. If you look at the class and what it actually has in it and not what it's missing you'd see:

1. A dual threat QB (with almost double digit P5 offers) which we need to run the new offense the way it should be run.
2. Lack of depth at linebacker addressed with 5 (possibly 6) LBers in this class when all is said and done.
3. A potential starting CB in Douglass who is out of high school three years with two years of eligibility left.

I'd wait until Wednesday afternoon until slamming Ash's handling of recruiting/personnel in this his first cycle since being hired. The "Terry Shea like delay getting started" comment is being completely melodramatic by the way. Ash wasn't on vacation...he was working for both OSU and RU. and it was a dead period.

Reactions: ruready07
i said it last week...Ash isn't gonna be able to just walk into schools like BC, DB and others and expect coaches to buy what he's selling

Guys got his work cut out

Huge hit psychologically
------
Ash might very well end up an excellent coach and adequate recruiter, but to be honest he is not blowing up at this time..... We all know the toxic waste reason, players not familiar with him etc....... But these recruits are coming in, listening to the sales pitch and for the most part, not jumping at a RU offer...... Unless there is little else for them out there......

He might land a recruited player after they go back home and think about it...... But we are no Penn state where a player commits to with a phone call...... Or even a bc who takes a fresh verbal away with a week end visit

Ash will recruit better when he is considered a very good head coach.......

And...to the loser Syracuse fans we all know are lurking in this thread to get some type of enjoyment over this, you are truly pathetic, miserable people. Try the Pitt board as there are probably some threads over there where you can pat yourselves on the back over how good you both were 20+ years ago.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Not true. Not true at all. I believe that the overwhelming number of fans support coach Ash. But why is it a mortal sin for fans to point out that he was a bit late on the recruiting front? Why is it toxic for the fanbase to draw a reasonable conclusion that his ties to Meyer or OSU have not translated into locking down very good 3 & 4 * recruits? I agree that some posters just come here to blast the guy, but to say he's off to a disappointing start is fair.

All of these have been discussed ad nauseam. You just refuse to hear the answer.

And...to the loser Syracuse fans we all know are lurking in this thread to get some type of enjoyment over this, you are truly pathetic, miserable people. Try the Pitt board as there are probably some threads over there where you can pat yourselves on the back over how good you both were 20+ years ago.

Korab retweeting Syracuse fans ragging on Rutgers tells you the kid's character.

Korab retweeting Syracuse fans ragging on Rutgers tells you the kid's character.

LOL that's really happening? I don't have a Twitter account. I was just guessing. Pretty predictable behavior from Syracuse fans. They really should just kill themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyNewark51
I think Ash under estimated the importance of Jersey Ties to Coaching staffs needed to forge an 'in' for acceptance at NJ schools beforei loi day l.This isnt Ohio..and you are not at OSU any longer...its going to take work and relationships and an 'in' thru known coaches before NJ high school coaches trust the staff. Ash could have used the time he spent at OSU during the bowl game talking and laying ground work to NJ high school coaches and maybe hiring an Acosta like coach. I dont think this is a dynamic he knew about,or maybe Schiano warned him and he didnt believe it???

I think Ash under estimated the importance of Jersey Ties to Coaching staffs needed to forge an 'in' for acceptance at NJ schools beforei loi day l.This isnt Ohio..and you are not at OSU any longer...its going to take work and relationships and an 'in' thru known coaches before NJ high school coaches trust the staff. Ash could have used the time he spent at OSU during the bowl game talking and laying ground work to NJ high school coaches and maybe hiring an Acosta like coach. I dont think this is a dynamic he knew about,or maybe Schiano warned him and he didnt believe it???

Schiano warned him which is why he hired Rick Mantz

some kids today are like politicians, they are willing to say and do anything to benefit their agenda, even the barkley kid at psu, called RU his dream school and than flipped, character matters, your word matters

Interesting....Gray and Odin flip to Rutgers and you love them. A TE flips to BC and you question
his character.....:boxing:

Reactions: jup540

I don't know...he hired Rick Mantz as NJ high school liaison almost immediately. Don't know what you REALISTICALLY expected to happen in less than two months, even if he didn't coach OSU's bowl games. I've posted this several times on the RT:

Urban Meyer's first class at Utah in 2003 was ranked #90.
Brian Kelly's first class at Cincy in 2007 was ranked #90.
Tom Herman's first class at Houston last year was ranked #90.
Hell, Michigan's class was ranked #51 last year and that's with Jim F#cking Harbaugh.

Again, not sure people were being realistic with this 2016 recruiting cycle. It's essentially "year 0" for Ash and staff. Jersey ties or not.

No player cares what state the coach is born in. Jersey ties are irrelevant.

I don't know...he hired Rick Mantz as NJ high school liaison almost immediately. Don't know what you REALISTICALLY expected to happen in less than two months, even if he didn't coach OSU's bowl games. I've posted this several times on the RT:

Urban Meyer's first class at Utah in 2003 was ranked #90.
Brian Kelly's first class at Cincy in 2007 was ranked #90.
Tom Herman's first class at Houston last year was ranked #90.
Hell, Michigan's class was ranked #51 last year and that's with Jim F#cking Harbaugh.

Again, not sure people were being realistic with this 2016 recruiting cycle. It's essentially "year 0" for Ash and staff. Jersey ties or not.

Bingo. I've also explained a million times how recruiting works - the elements that make up recruiting but people just refuse to listen.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT