ADVERTISEMENT

Football Television For Syracuse Game

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
The game will be exclusively on ACCNetwork 2pm.

No, BTN or MSG or SportsChannel or another channel will show the game.

Prepare now if you do not get this channel or look to see if you do.

E-yOAKkXEAAdo-q

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't get it here on Comcast in South Jersey. Time to hunt for a bar/restaurant that DOES get it, which may be easier said than done. Side note, any streaming options?

Reactions: Block R
Actually, I just tried to access a replay of an ACCN game through the app and it denied me. What’s the easiest way to get an ACCN trial if you’re a Comcast sub?
Not related to Comcast but I think YouTube tv has a 14 day free trial and it has the ACC Network. Sign up just before the game and then cancel before the 14 days are up.

Not related to Comcast but I think YouTube tv has a 14 day free trial and it has the ACC Network. Sign up just before the game and then cancel before the 14 days are up.
It seems a streaming trial is the best option for Comcast subs like me. I’ll probably try YouTube TV but Hulu+ Live, Sling or fubo free trials are other options. Below is a good FAQ I found about ACCN.

Reactions: 17Q66 and DirtyRU
It's shocking that Comcast has yet to finalize their deal with Disney. They are the cable tv provider in many of the ACC markets. Atlanta, Miami, Blacksburg, no wonder they're losing subs lol.

It seems a streaming trial is the best option for Comcast subs like me. I’ll probably try YouTube TV but Hulu+ Live, Sling or fubo free trials are other options. Below is a good FAQ I found about ACCN.

Like one of the subscribers above I made the switch from FIOS a few months ago to YouTube TV and I liked it. I trialed it out for the free period and a month more to see if it met my needs and when I was satisfied it did I switched. It doesn't have YES and MSG for those the must have those.

For those that sign up for the trial for the ACCN, I'd suggest just use it exclusively for that period and not your cable provider. Test out anything you could think of with regards to dvr, functionality, ease of use, streaming quality etc...and see if it meets your needs. Might be able to get rid of those dang monthly fees for the cable boxes and associated fees/taxes if it does. That was the big plus for me.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Apparently the package on Cablevision which includes the BTN also includes the ACC Network. I'll confirm that once I'm back in NJ later today.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
ACCN is not on Comcast.

I never cared because really who gives a shit about ACC games?

But now it is an issue.

I hope we never schedule ACC geek teams again because of this.

I get the Pac-12 network but not the ACC one.

@gmay8 -
Comcast is awful. One of the top 3 reasons we were happy to leave the peninsula. Always liked your town better than the R town to the East of you. Hope things are going well for you there.

Sorry to @Local Shill if you got tagged in this or it shows up as a reply to you. Hit the wrong button.

Reactions: gmay8
ACCN is not on Comcast.

But now it is an issue.

We will be scheduling more ACC games thanks to the new alliance. Comcast and Disney (owner of ESPN and ACCN) will eventually come to a carriage agreement but perhaps not until next season. ESPN is up for renewal soon with Comcast and Disney is using that as leverage to include ACCN carriage in the ESPN / Comcast negotiations.

Like one of the subscribers above I made the switch from FIOS a few months ago to YouTube TV and I liked it. I trialed it out for the free period and a month more to see if it met my needs and when I was satisfied it did I switched. It doesn't have YES and MSG for those the must have those.

For those that sign up for the trial for the ACCN, I'd suggest just use it exclusively for that period and not your cable provider. Test out anything you could think of with regards to dvr, functionality, ease of use, streaming quality etc...and see if it meets your needs. Might be able to get rid of those dang monthly fees for the cable boxes and associated fees/taxes if it does. That was the big plus for me.
Also, if you sign up for Disney Plus, you can get the game, but you have to sign up for the right one. They used to offer free trials, but seem to no longer do that. We got Disney Plus for $7.99/month with Apple Music or some other useless crap feature we signed up for but our kids wanted.

EDIT- seems that there is little/no access for on-demand replays with whatever "plan" we got.

Last edited:
Yep probably. Respects to your family and other heroes for next Saturday. Peace.
Thanks. I'm fine, and Saturday will be a low key day of reflection and thanks for all the blessings life has brought. It is indeed much more difficult for many others, who were closer to and working at the towers.

Reactions: RutHut
YouTube TV is better than Comcast/Xfinity, IMO.
What is the approximate cost of Youtube? Can you get Local Channels (I'm moving AGAIN ....to Olympia WA) as well as BBC, Discovery. History/ BTN?

FYI: we just moved in early Aug. and we landed in Lake Oswego for 1 1/2 months. Switched from DISH to Xifinti.

Thanks

MO

ACCN is not on Comcast.

But now it is an issue.

Maybe part of the alliance will have the cable companies aligned !

What is the approximate cost of Youtube? Can you get Local Channels (I'm moving AGAIN ....to Olympia WA) as well as BBC, Discovery. History/ BTN?

FYI: we just moved in early Aug. and we landed in Lake Oswego for 1 1/2 months. Switched from DISH to Xifinti.

Thanks

MO

To see all channels that are included in any area, enter a zip code in the box on the YouTubeTV home page above. Olympia zip codes can be found with a google search if you don't know what yours will be yet. Yes, local channels are included. Price is 64.99 a month plus tax, first 2 trial weeks free, and discount for first 3 months. YTTV rate of 64.99 per month allows up to 3 different simultaneous streams, and 6 different accounts, per household. They allow a limited number of home location changes per year to accommodate moving, and YTTV can be used on the go (with an internet connection), when traveling.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersMO
I have Optimum and get BTN but don't normally get ACC nor SEC networks with the package I'm paying for.

However, last week I bought a Samsung TV with their Samsung TV app. To my great surprise, both the ACC and Pac12 networks are on the Samsung app for free (at least for now).

Reactions: borochop
I have Optimum and get BTN but don't get ACC nor SEC networks. However, i just bought a Samsung TV that comes with a Samsung TV app. Both the ACC and Pac12 are on the Samsung app for free!
That sounds good . But make sure that they will be available for live content for free ?

I am already hoping the Illinois-Virginia game features zero penalties, injury timeouts and dropped passes. Please get that game ended ASAP. The ACC network is so dumb, they start games at 11 AM EDT, so they can squeeze in four games on the day.

Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT