ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee-Purdue

Like to see Haarms come up big . So soft in the second half. Tenn. really took Edwards out of the game.

Amazing game! Just ridiculous shot making by Cline and some big buckets by Tennessee from deep too. I picked Tennessee in my bracket but rooting for BOILER UP!

Purdue has no one to blame but themse...poor defense and poor free throw shooting

How does Edwards miss in a spot like that

Unless they can come up with something new to clog the paint i dont see how Purdue can stop the Vols

Painter ain't the brighest bulb out there

We shall see

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Hmmmm.....

Both teams shooting over 50% from the field.
Tenn 61% from 3 (11/18)
Purdue 48% from 3 (15/31)

It almost seems like players making baskets and hitting 3s is exciting and how basketball should be played......

Reactions: ScarletDave
Purdue has no one to blame but themse...poor defense and poor free throw shooting

How does Edwards miss in a spot like that

Unless they can come up with something new to clog the paint i dont see how Purdue can stop the Vols

Painter ain't the brighest bulb out there

We shall see

Their defense was non existent after they took the 18 point lead.

Reactions: bac2therac
Wow gotta be smarter than taking a two there when you are down six. Big Ten to the Elite Eight!

The last three minutes in regulation was a heavy weight fight ...back and forth taking each one’s best shot to rip the heart out of the other

You could feel that whoever got control in over time would ride it out ...especially with lots of foul trouble across the board

Haarms is so dumb.

It seemed like every time there was penetration of any kind, he left his man to go help - and, also every time, they passed to his man for an easy layup or dunk (or the one that got thrown high off the glass for an easy offensive board and putback). He was totally exploited on defense because he constantly left his man.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Which wouldn’t be necessary if Purdue’s perimeters stayed in front of their man.

I don’t think Purdue ever plays zone. However if they could I might have changed Defenses just to try and change the momentum of Tennessee’s offense

Reactions: RUChoppin
Atrocious free throw shooting from both teams.
In nail biter games missed foul shots usually come back to haunt the losing team.The last ten minutes of the game plus the overtime was college basketball at its best with both teams making incredible shots and neither team was backing down. In OT Tennessee players fouling out was the deciding factor allowing Purdue to win the game.

The best game of the tourney IMO------better than Duke vs UCF.

Purdue shoots from 3 like that they can beat anyone.

My only question was why Grant Williams not on the floor at the start of OT ?

I know he had 4 fouls but he didn't get out there till Tenn was down 5

Me personally I'm having my best 5 out there regardless of fouls.

Reactions: shields
Which wouldn’t be necessary if Purdue’s perimeters stayed in front of their man.

I don’t think Purdue ever plays zone. However if they could I might have changed Defenses just to try and change the momentum of Tennessee’s offense

Agree that that would definitely have helped - but he also left his man to try to wall up/trap when the guard was just crossing under the basket, leaving his man open for easy passes and undefended shots. I get that he's trying to help - but Tennessee's guards saw it almost every time and got the ball to the guy he was supposed to be covering.

Eastern has the funkiest foul shout I’ve ever seen and he shot 66% with those mechanics. Wow. He has size though and can bring it up the length of the court allowing Edwards to play off the ball which is what I see for RU next season with PM at PG and Geo at two guard.

GO RU

The best game of the tourney IMO------better than Duke vs UCF.

Purdue shoots from 3 like that they can beat anyone.

My only question was why Grant Williams not on the floor at the start of OT ?

I know he had 4 fouls but he didn't get out there till Tenn was down 5

Me personally I'm having my best 5 out there regardless of fouls.
Agree with everything you said.

Why can't Rutgers become "3pt - Space and Pace U"? Run a dreaded "NBA style Offense".
Start putting up 30 3FGA per game and try to disrupt everything.
"Can you shoot a 3? Come to Rutgers and just put up 3s all game."

We were 3rd in Big Ten with 59.4 FGA per game (which is great!) but only 12th with 19.7 3FGA per game (not so good).
We shot 39.7 2FGA per game.

Doesn't look like there are many major college teams really committing to this route.
Seems like there is still some inefficiency that could be exploited.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-b...2018&category=SHOOTING&group=17&time=0&team=1

Why can't Rutgers become "3pt - Space and Pace U"? Run a dreaded "NBA style Offense".
Start putting up 30 3FGA per game and try to disrupt everything.
"Can you shoot a 3? Come to Rutgers and just put up 3s all game."

We were 3rd in Big Ten with 59.4 FGA per game (which is great!) but only 12th with 19.7 3FGA per game (not so good).
We shot 39.7 2FGA per game.

Doesn't look like there are many major college teams really committing to this route.
Seems like there is still some inefficiency that could be exploited.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-b...2018&category=SHOOTING&group=17&time=0&team=1
Dude, we are not a good shooting team. When we put up more threes we were terrible. It may change if Harper, Geo, McConnell continue success, but last year no.

I get you're arguing theory, but personell dictates

Dude, we are not a good shooting team. When we put up more threes we were terrible. It may change if Harper, Geo, McConnell continue success, but last year no.

I get you're arguing theory, but personell dictates
Also, if they move the 3-point line back, there will obviously be a decrease in 3-point shot percentage, so one would assume the 3-point game will diminish at least a little bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT