ADVERTISEMENT

The Block R is going to be everywhere

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Man Hole Covers....these are cool lookin !!

Coeoh9AXYAQNQ4K.jpg

The branding idea I'm most fond of is to have all the Big Ten school flags displayed along each campus, so as to remind everyone who you're in company with. Very colorful.

That's a lot more memorable than the same repeating signs hanging from street lights.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Chopping,
What roads do you see them being installed on ?

the photo was tweeted by Chris Paladino of DEVCO along with the hashtag #RutgersHonorsCollege so perhaps around there.

On another note, Ron Garutti, the weight room benefactor, is looking to order one for his septic tank manhole. that guy is ALL about the R!

Reactions: Ataylor1989x
Awesome !! But, and not to be nit-picky, they used the wrong block R !! For some reason, Wikipedia (they leading site to find images with no white-square "backgrounds", thus easy to plug into a computer connected to the machine that drilled those things) uses this block "R" which seems to have been made by someone and NOT the official athletics one (the curve doesn't go out far enough - looks distorted). It's not incredibly noticeable, but for a project as large, expensive and hopefully long-lasting as this, I just wish they payed more attention to the details.

Wikipedia and manhole block R
df2ad13b7e0727a00cfb353ff9b152b9.png

Real block R
61-61817.jpg

So fans of rival schools can now symbolically run us over every time they drive by.

Gotta admit one of the coolest ways I ever saw a school was supported was in Columbus 2 years ago. While walking into the stadium I saw the motorcycle cops wearing their helmets but the helmets were gray with the pot leaf all over them. Pretty neat to see the PD pimpin the school on gameday

Gonna be lot of bent rims and missing pets due to missing covers

Why? People don't have enough Block R stuff they can buy? They need to resort to theft of manhole covers and then find some way to display it at home?

If you could buy that manhole cover for $100 would you? Would you commit a crime for $100?

Its crazy to think that these will be stolen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT