ADVERTISEMENT

The Flying Dutchmen are GOOD

They're a Q3 game at home. They're not horrible but all caps GOOD is a bit of a stretch.
Does the quad thing really matter anymore?
I never followed the figuring of it during the season anyway

I’ll be shocked if we show anything in the NIT. We are an experienced team that has been in NCAA tournament the past 2 years. Teams like ours generally lose early at home.
Disagree. It's not like we are a perennial Sweet 16, Elite 8 program. I can see a program like North Carolina not wanting to play. We went to two tournaments and won a grand total of ONE GAME!!!!
Post season basketball is still a novelty in Piscataway. Like I said be disappointed today, get prepared tomorrow and play hard on Tuesday. If we come out and stink up the floor then we've just validated the committee's decision.

Disagree. It's not like we are a perennial Sweet 16, Elite 8 program. I can see a program like North Carolina not wanting to play. We went to two tournaments and won a grand total of ONE GAME!!!!
Post season basketball is still a novelty in Piscataway. Like I said be disappointed today, get prepared tomorrow and play hard on Tuesday. If we come out and stink up the floor then we've just validated the committee's decision.
I am hoping that we show up and play well, and that Nevada, Pittsburgh, and NC State totally crap the bed and each lose by 20 plus points.

Let me put it this way — when you’re in HS and there’s one girl you want to take to the prom and she says no so you are crushed. Sure, you could take some other girl that you don’t really like and try to have fun but at the end of the day it will never feel the same.

We are energy team. The RAC is going to be empty, the students are on Spring Break, and the the entire program is down.

Like I said, I’ll be very surprised if we play well in this tournament. And no it has nothing to do with validating the NCAAs ridiculous decision to leave us out.

Reactions: RC1978 and DirtyRU
Let me put it this way — when you’re in HS and there’s one girl you want to take to the prom and she says no so you are crushed. Sure, you could take some other girl that you don’t really like and try to have fun but at the end of the day it will never feel the same.

We are energy team. The RAC is going to be empty, the students are on Spring Break, and the the entire program is down.

Like I said, I’ll be very surprised if we play well in this tournament. And no it has nothing to do with validating the NCAAs ridiculous decision to leave us out.

Maybe the RAC being empty is good. We played like garbage at home in front of our most raucous crowds

Reactions: DirtyRU
Their decision won’t be validated or invalidated . The results in either tournament don’t matter . It’s not like there are consequences

Reactions: Unionst and DirtyRU
Why oh why do I ever click on "show ignored content"? It only reminds me why certain posters made my ignore list.

But as I did that...

Yeah, I'm sure Caleb, who has poured it ALL into this program, would skip playing another game at the RAC when he is two steals away from the career steals record because it's "only" Hofstra.

If he can play, he's playing.

For all those who post you don't care who wins, we hear you. Just go away then until Rutgers is no longer playing NIT games this season.

Our big advantage here will be on the boards. They don’t have anyone who plays over 6’9 and their leading rebounder only averages 5.5 per game. And that happens to be a 6’4 guard.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I think RU comes out angry and stomps them. Cliff MVP with 20 hammer dunks on Hofstra players.

This is no NCAA Tournament 1/16 game. Hofstra didn't lose many games this season. They have impressive OOC victories over Princeton and Charleston.

Not an easy game by any stretch.
This is not a walkover. We better come ready to play or it’ll be an early, inglorious exit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT