ADVERTISEMENT

The Lesson of UC Riverside at Nebraska

Don’t take anyone lightly.
I think the lesson should be no matter how talented your team is, breaking in several new players and a coach is difficult. NU is not in a position to take anyone too lightly.

Reactions: RU82
Nebraska was a 15-point favorite playing at home against a visiting team that went 10-23 last year playing in a lower tier conference. I think even all the new Nebraska players and coach expected to win, and may have taken their opponent lightly. They didn’t just lose, they got blown out.

My point, whether you wanna use Nebraska or Illinois (who won their game in OT) is that, especially early in the season, let’s not look past what many of us consider cupcakes on our own schedule.

Illinois vs. Nicholls is the better example.

The lesson is 3pt shooting (especially with the extended line) helps create a situation for an upset by lesser talented teams:

3pt %

Neb: 6/26 23%
UCR: 12/25 48% (7/9 to start 2nd half)

Ill: 5/19 29%
Nich: 8/20 40%

The lesson is 3pt shooting (especially with the extended line) helps create a situation for an upset by lesser talented teams:

3pt %

Neb: 6/26 23%
UCR: 12/25 48% (7/9 to start 2nd half)

Ill: 5/19 29%
Nich: 8/20 40%
Nick, I get that the 3-pt shot can be a great equalizer, just not seeing why lesser talented teams would shoot a higher percentage than they normally would, from further out.

Patrick, Nebby almost matched one of your RU game score predictions!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT