ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-ILLINOIS PREDICTION THREAD

Lose a close one 63-61 and surge in the final six games to finish strong.

If there’s one thing we know about Pike, it’s he very methodical about figuring out his lineups and rotations at the beginning of the year. Well losing Mowat is kind of like that. I don’t think we’ll have things figured out after only two games. Those two games happen to be tough ones.

5 point L.

Illinois 72
Rutgers 61

Illinois has way too many scoring options for us to keep up and I can’t see Hawkins having a second terrible game in a row, especially back at home.

Another tough spot for the knights . We don’t play well there. Although Caleb may have had one of his best games of his career there
Illinois 72
Rutgers 60

Only thing that gives me hope is that IL lost to 4 teams we beat — MD, PSU, NW and IN, and two of those losses were at home.

Being without Mag will be tough to overcome, but our leaders and our bench step up to pull out a close one.

RU wins 68-65.

Lack of any consistent offense bites us again.

Illinois- 71
RU - 59

If there’s one thing we know about Pike, it’s he very methodical about figuring out his lineups and rotations at the beginning of the year. Well losing Mowat is kind of like that. I don’t think we’ll have things figured out after only two games. Those two games happen to be tough ones.

5 point L.
Disagree. He was able to figure out Michigan State on the fly.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
In contrast picking Rutgers to win every game isn't realistic.Fans should make predictions based on who they think will win not who they want to win.
LoL, I fully appreciate that. My sarcasm is aimed at certain guys in this post predicting a loss who attacked others as losers ( me included) when we lamented the expectation of losses after the Mag injury. Hypocrites???

Reactions: DoverKnight
Not feeling good, Illinois IMO is better than Indiana and a worse matchup.

Illini by 10

This is a worse matchup for us than Indiana, because of Illinois’ size. Without Mag, we are going to have a difficult time matching up with 6-10 Dainja, 6-10 Hawkins, and 6-9 Mayer. Plus we’ve never won at Illinois. Actually think this will be our most lopsided loss of the year unfortunately.

Illinois 75
Rutgers 59

Illinois has suffered blowout losses at home to PSU, Mizzou, NW and Indiana.

That means they can be beaten at home.

RU 71 - Illini 68

70-65 us.

Metric wise their off avg bottoms out with our defensive ppg. I think Cliff eats their center up. I think a slight tweak to the rotations we learned from the last game also will help bring us to the line. Paul and Caleb are due and Cam seems to be mostly out of his rut.

Illinois has suffered blowout losses at home to PSU, Mizzou, NW and Indiana.

That means they can be beaten at home.

RU 71 - Illini 68
Northwestern was actually in Evanston, and Missouri is always in St. Louis at a neutral court. However, point taken, I guess - we got punked by PSU (which was in the middle of our random mid-season collapse) and Indiana (TJD just abused us) at home. I think Saturday's atmosphere will be nuts, and it should be a really good game. I'm selfishly hopeful that the House of 'Paign continues to be a house of horrors for Rutgers. 🙃

Last edited:
Few more days for Coach Pike to figure out rotations without Mag. I think the planets align.

RU 73
Illinois 72

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT