ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-IOWA PREDICTION THREAD

We’ve played them close at home.
Need to win TO battle for short fields

RU 17-12

Iowa 24
Rutgers 10

Crowd is electric but team is not there yet. Hope I’m wrong though - with some offense improvement it could be a reversed score RU 24-10 instead.

Iowa 28
RU 3

Big Boys are here
This sounds possible
Very disappointed in the offense so far and I doubt we can hold a big ten team down all day, even though Iowa had looked weak there also

a result like this wakes up the “ball control” fans here

instead I hope for that defensive non scoring back and forth with RU getting a late break and winning 10-7

Rutgers defense sets us up for an easy 10 points, offense moves the ball just enough for another field goal. Rutgers wins 13-10.

Iowa was missing 2 starting wide outs and their best RB for the first two games. I don’t think their offense in those games is indicative of their best offense and the Vegas line reflects this.

That said, I think our offense would be a lot better with NV back. If neither Gavin or Noah can go it could be a long day. I don’t think our traditional run plays are going to be that successful vs. Iowa and Evan isn’t a runner.

Reactions: RutgersCrowd
RU 10
Iowa 7

Pick 6 for RU’s only TD of the day.

Punts inside the 20:

RU 7
Iowa 8

I predict that there will be scoring. But I'm not confident in that prediction.
It's going to be like Beavis and Butt-Head going into the 4th quarter 0-0:

0209005d-19dc-48fd-8aa1-0c35384d7806_text.gif

Just hope Rutgers is not Beavis.

beavis-never-scored.gif

We win one for Janarion. Last time iowa played here his career was derailed by that dirty play by Desmond king.
Rutgers 15, iowa 9

RU 24
Iowa 21

false sense of dominant run game is gone. Will be more balance this week. D and special teams will setup good field positions for the O.

Reasons to be optimistic. It is at RU stadium, Iowa's QB isn't the best, and RU is great at stuffing the run.
RU-20 Iowa-17

Iowa was missing 2 starting wide outs and their best RB for the first two games. I don’t think their offense in those games is indicative of their best offense and the Vegas line reflects this.
This.

Unless Gleeson has some trick up his sleeve, we won't be able to outscore them. The over/under on this game is really interesting at 35 points. The vast majority of the people here seem to like the under, even though this is the lowest over/under for a major college football game since 2015.

RU has lost 19 consecutive B1G games in Piscataway since November of 2017. There are only 2 B1G opponents that have not won there in that stretch. Iowa is one of them.

Does the bleeding finally stop? I'll say yes.

Iowa - 17
Rutgers - 19

A - 51,088

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT