ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-MASSACHUSETTS PREDICTION THREAD

We almost never play well in these after Thanksgiving games. Maybe different circumstances (on the road, coming off a loss) changes it up.

We almost never play well in these after Thanksgiving games. Maybe different circumstances (on the road, coming off a loss) changes it up.
This is true but they are also usually home games against terrible opponents. And we usually aren't coming off of an embarrassing loss. So I feel this situation is different.

Massachusetts 63 Rutgers 58

I don't understand the rationale for fans picking Rutgers to score more than 70 points when Baker might not play or be hindered in performance.

I think we finally put something together. Probably GOOD that we’re on the road for this one, as I think the team would be too nervous at home.

RU 70
UMass 64

By the way, the game will only be available on Peacock streaming. I bought the $4.95/month subscription so that I can watch the game on my phone while I’m at the football game, and will cancel thereafter.

EDIT: Just saw in another thread that the game will be televised on SNY and NBC sports in Philly.

they will not win a game against a school not a bottom feeder in a low major until there is a "want and will to win"

Maybe it happens at UMass, I do not know but I have seen ZERO evidence through 5 games that this team is seriously working hard to ensure a victory.
OR have a good shooting game

I think we finally put something together. Probably GOOD that we’re on the road for this one, as I think the team would be too nervous at home.

RU 70
UMass 64
I think there is a lot to playing on the road, especially for a guy like Caleb.

68-52 UMASS. There is nothing from the previous five games that gives me any reason to believe otherwise .

We should know very early on how it will go. If we see them come out playing with passion, taking and making good shots, and hustling their tails off, it could very well mean a win. If we see the same lethargic, shooting bricks, losing their man on D, it will be ugly.

In 7 games UMass is averaging over 80 points a game. Don’t think we have the fire power to beat that, so defense will definitely be critical. In spite of that, I think our shots start falling and if Geo is a full go, we pull out a win with both teams in the 60’s .

And just a reminder in case you missed it, the game is on Peacock, SNY and NBC SportsPhilly. For fans skipping the cold of the football game, you can toggle back and forth between the BB and football 2nd half or set up 2 screens.

If we play the wjolewith intensity and hustle and crash the boards like we did most of last year we win. 78-65

If we play like we rather be somewhere else we loose. 65-58

It really is no different than last year. We played like this during our five game loosing streak last year. We also have less margin

RU usually responds on the road in big ten play last two years, I think they respond again with a comfortable lead through out Win, 61-54

I typically stay away from prediction threads but sometimes you find out or discover new ways to play, when you have injuries or a disrupted lineup.

The entire team now has to figure out new ways to function when a starter is likely out....a lot of responsibility or workload gets shifted.

If a player suddenly has more responsibility or workload, sometimes that player may feel more connected to the way the team plays or how it plays.

It also is up to the coaches to "unlock" those who may not feel as responsible for whether a team or RU wins or loses.

Very confident that win or lose, RU coaches learn a lot from the players that they weren't sure was in there.....

RU by 8 to 10......

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Someone else will have to take over the recap duties as I will be at the football game freezing my ass off so won't be able to catch any of the game unless Maryland is crushing us and I leave at halftime yet again
dvr and post it tonight. i am guessing there will be score updates at the stadium so not knowing will be close to impossible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT