ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-NEBRASKA PREDICTION THREAD

The fan in me so wants a win. Watching this offense tells me it's not possible. 12-9 Rutgers. All field goals

Reactions: RUScrew85
Nebby 34- RU 13. Our offense is laughable bad. We lose turnover battle and Huskers pull away after halftime.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
Is Nebraska that bad this year?
Yes, however we just don't have an offense to capitalize on the opportunity. It's just sheer incompetence that the staff couldn't put together a below average offense. Because a below average offense would easily win this game.

20 Nebraska
10 Rutgers

Last edited:
Nebraska 32 Rutgers 23 … unless we establish a run game early and actually change our inept offensive game plan. I think we will be hard pressed to pass over the middle unless the O line can block somebody.

Nebraska 24
Rutgers 14

Won’t be as close as the score would indicate. I’m also not sure how we score two (2) whole TDs but what the hell.

To many personnel packages, to many QB’s.
To much running back by committee instead of a steady dose of Brown to establish the run early in the first quarter.
Nebraska scores on to many consecutive possessions due to confusing offensive game plan.
31 14

Reactions: TM94goRU
A win over Nebraska would be huge, not only because of bowl aspirations, but it is Nebraska. Even if Nebraska isn't up to their normal greatness. But I don't think we can pull it off. RU makes too many mistakes and is turnover prone. Plus our offense is easy to defend. RU 17 Nebraska 27.

Think the offense again is very challenged. Defenses holds up and 14 7. Second half defense tires and Offense has a couple of turnovers in the 4th Qtr trying to keep it close. ... 31 17 Nebraska.

So typical and always premature, one win or even a couple if plays and the usual jump to conclusions that's why this prediction bull is worthless.

So typical and always premature, one win or even a couple if plays and the usual jump to conclusions that's why this prediction bull is worthless.
Well we have been actually paying attention to Rutgers Football while you been taking naps. Rutgers is decent on defense, very bad on offense. That isn't jumping to conclusions that is providing facts. Stay awake.

To many personnel packages, to many QB’s.
To much running back by committee instead of a steady dose of Brown to establish the run early in the first quarter.
Nebraska scores on to many consecutive possessions due to confusing offensive game plan.
31 14
C'mon Zap! Your English teacher is not smiling. But , football wise, you may be right.

Anyone looking for reasons for optimism regarding the offense? Here’s the stat to focus on:

Wagner stinks, but nobody can fault anything our offense did in that one outside of Wimsatt’s pick, right? We didn’t punt a single time and scored plenty.

In the other 4 games - we played the #9, #11, #21 and #53 ranked defenses in terms of yardage allowed. Worth noting that in the game against the #53 ranked team we scored 22 points.

Up next is #126 followed by #106. The point is that just because our offense isn’t explosive doesn’t mean we won’t be able to move the chains against weaker defensive fronts. We do need to figure out how to get the ball in the damn end zone once we get into FG range though.

Did OL begin to gel a little during the Ohio State game?

Is 5 days enough time for Harasymiak to adjust what Ohio State exposed in the run defense?

I guess we will find out.

Homer prediction here:

Rutgers 24
Nebraska 21

Reactions: Yeah Baby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT