ADVERTISEMENT

The RAC

The RUT

All American
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2011
Enjoying a sub from Jersey Mike’s in honor of last nights game, and thinking about the noise level at the RAC.

Someone said it hit 115 decibels last night.

Does anyone know what the loudest official rating of the RAC is?

I’m shocked they don’t lean into this more, put it up on the big board, use it in marketing, announce peak ratings during the game for the fans, etc.

I was saying the same thing. Rutgers should be on top of this. It's such an easy-to-use essentially free marketing tool. A decibal reading could easily catch on and go viral on social media
I think they did something like this in the 2019-2020 season but it was very unofficial. Maybe one of the Assistant ADs on Twitter

Reactions: Scangg
I think it would be cool to put one with a iPad-sized screen that shows the number, behind the hoop facing the student section. So that way they look down and see the number go up and up and up, and they try to break whatever the season record is each game, by screaming at it, directly towards the court

It’s super lame. The decibals are either outright fake or they try to break records during timeouts.

Jersey Mike’s - sponsor of the loudest arena in college basketball. Work it into an ad campaign. Great visibility for Rutgers since they advertise nationally. Would love to know the dB level from the 1989 A10 Championship game. Higher seating capacity back then and more students at the game.

It’s super lame. The decibals are either outright fake or they try to break records during timeouts.
Lol what.

It’s a number that’s commonly referred to when discussing loudest arenas.

You don’t need to be a try hard about it, Rutgers can track this throughout the game.

Would be smart to run clips of Caleb on his run down block vs OSU and be able to put the decibel rating in that clip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT