ADVERTISEMENT

Lansing State Journal Chimes in on RU and MSG

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand

3. Madison Square Garden isn’t the RAC, but that was definitely a road game for MSU​

Maybe Rutgers is New York’s Big Ten team after all. I know this, Northwestern — “Chicago’s Big Ten team” or something — could never come close to putting as many fans in the United Center as Rutgers did Saturday at Madison Square Garden. The place was close to packed and mostly in red.

Playing off campus at MSG instead of in Piscataway at the building known as the RAC — now technically Jersey Mike’s Arena — was certainly to MSU’s advantage. There were a couple thousand Spartan faithful in the building and you could see and hear them. But when Rutgers got rolling for a bit in the second half, the Garden was theirs. It felt as loud as any Big Ten home arena. I know Rutgers wasn’t thrilled that this “Super Saturday” showcase was deemed a home game in terms of its NET ranking and NCAA tournament considerations, but I don’t know what else you’d call it.

Last edited:
I’m sure someone will suggest MSG as our home arena during the renovation season of JMA (The RAC).

At $100 a pop for cheapest seats and concession prices of msg, no thanks. I assume Rutgers got to keep the gate for this home game? Not

Back to the RAC please.
Somewhere on here (I think one of the APP articles) it's stated that the B1G make up the difference for missing on the gate profits. I'm sure it's not the equivalent of what MSG might make though.

And there were 5,000 unsold seats. That doesn’t happen at the RAC, either.
Weird thing is if better thought out and truly special and not merely filling out an open time slot, I think with a better time slot, a night game or even four they could have sold it out. Really weren’t alot of students.

Somewhere on here (I think one of the APP articles) it's stated that the B1G make up the difference for missing on the gate profits. I'm sure it's not the equivalent of what MSG might make though.
Food and Beverage sales? Loss of parking?

Weird thing is if better thought out and truly special and not merely filling out an open time slot, I think with a better time slot, a night game or even four they could have sold it out. Really weren’t alot of students.
Dude you have zero clue. There’s no way you went to the game yesterday. You are full of sH**. The students section was packed yesterday. You are a clown.

At $100 a pop for cheapest seats and concession prices of msg, no thanks. I assume Rutgers got to keep the gate for this home game? Not

Back to the RAC please.

Thousands of good seats were available for $35 and a $13 fee ($48 total). I sat midcourt in the 200s (9th row) for this price.

Stop spreading lies.

Dude you have zero clue. There’s no way you went to the game yesterday. You are full of sH**. The students section was packed yesterday. You are a clown.
Section was packed. Not all students if you mean behind the basket. Not as many students as at the RAC. Pep band seemed smaller too. Do you just enjoy attacking people?

Section was packed. Not all students if you mean behind the basket. Not as many students as at the RAC. Pep band seemed smaller too. Do you just enjoy attacking people?
30 person limit on the pep band was likely in play (though maybe that should’ve changed when the NCAA decided just before the game that this was to be a home game).

It was packed but it was a third of the size of the RAC’s student section

When someone goes on about the same thing for 100s and 100s of posts, eventually people are going to respond to the poster as well as the post. You really cannot blame them for that.
Fair enough, I'm not so in tuned to the ongoing narratives.

Reactions: fluoxetine
30 person limit on the pep band was likely in play (though maybe that should’ve changed when the NCAA decided just before the game that this was to be a home game).
I was wondering that as well. MSU had a pep band as well for our “home” game. At the risk of being accused as a troll lol (I feel sorry for Focus guy whoever he is) and worse and even told to STFU, I don’t think any one can honestly can say the transfer of this game has been normal.

I bought through msg group sales at $35. My friend came late and bought direct at box office with no fees. F Ticketmaster

When someone goes on about the same thing for 100s and 100s of posts, eventually people are going to respond to the poster as well as the post. You really cannot blame them for that.
The irony of course is when the same poster is repeatedly attacked and stalked by the same posters. Guess he got in their heads.

Question: were there any no-fee tickets available for walk up purchase at the box office?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT