bigbirdRU

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2010
Pros:
Intro Video, Knights in the NFL, 4th Quarter Video
Occasional pump up music- the chest bump thing, seven nation army, etc

Cons:
Blasting Dance music between every single play. That should be reserved for the band, or crowd noise
Blasting Dance music until the very second they opposing team snaps the ball. With Purdue's hurry up offense I was worried we wouldn't cut the music before the snap. Listening to the roar of the crowd grow on 3rd down is why college football is great- the music both distracts fans and overpowers our natural crowd noise
Playing the 3rd down bell toll thing too long- I like using it on every third down but it should be cut out and allow the crowd to start making noise. The students don't start really yelling until that stops, which sometimes is right before they hike the ball.

The roar of the crowd, the band, these are organic sounds of a Saturday in the fall. they are being overpowered by fake noise,blasting dance music constantly between every single break in the action.

Thoughts?

I agree with you...it frustrated me every time we play music in between downs(even when we have the ball) until it is snapped.

They do the dance music to make it 'Jersey'. I agree, the band has to play more in between plays. If they want to make it Jersey themed then play Bruce and Bon Jovi, not the edm garbage.

Reactions: RU-AGK
The music selection basically sucks. This is a football game, so can we cut the crap with the "da da da" and spanish lyrics? If we have to play music, let it be traditional sports songs, not some club mix. Better year, just can the DJ and let the band play.

-Scarlet Jerry

16031eeb5aeef03cccc53a5a2aee6871b628e8dc849f1e4699fd5f90b8f41a0d.jpg

Pros:
Intro Video, Knights in the NFL, 4th Quarter Video
Occasional pump up music- the chest bump thing, seven nation army, etc

Cons:
Blasting Dance music between every single play. That should be reserved for the band, or crowd noise
Blasting Dance music until the very second they opposing team snaps the ball. With Purdue's hurry up offense I was worried we wouldn't cut the music before the snap. Listening to the roar of the crowd grow on 3rd down is why college football is great- the music both distracts fans and overpowers our natural crowd noise
Playing the 3rd down bell toll thing too long- I like using it on every third down but it should be cut out and allow the crowd to start making noise. The students don't start really yelling until that stops, which sometimes is right before they hike the ball.

The roar of the crowd, the band, these are organic sounds of a Saturday in the fall. they are being overpowered by fake noise,blasting dance music constantly between every single break in the action.

Thoughts?
+1 On the pros. -1 on the cons. I swear our fans never go to any other stadiums for anything.

Everyone complaining about the music selection & volume is nuts. All of this has been fine & better this year.

+1 On the pros. -1 on the cons. I swear our fans never go to any other stadiums for anything.

Everyone complaining about the music selection & volume is nuts. All of this has been fine & better this year.
I'll concede both of those if they would just fix the frequency and timing of the music.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I like the horn, but they need to tone that down a notch too. Dude in charge is trigger happy and holds the button too long.

I think they cut it too close playing the music between downs. More than a few times yesterday the music was still playing as the QB got over the center.

Reactions: RUScrew85
The music selection basically sucks. This is a football game, so can we cut the crap with the "da da da" and spanish lyrics? If we have to play music, let it be traditional sports songs, not some club mix. Better year, just can the DJ and let the band play.

-Scarlet Jerry
Yeah, it’s a college football game, cut 90% of the DJ stuff and let the band play.

The new horse video is great and get the crowd going then we go into the worst video to bring out a team in college football. That Hunt video sucks and has no energy.
Thunderstruck was so much better and pumped up the crowd. New intro completely blows. I've been complaining about the air guitar thing forever. It's fine to do but cut it much shorter. Allow the crowd noise to build before the QB is barking out the snap count or audible. Rutgers is not allowing the 12th man to effect the other team. The DJ is killing the natural atmosphere with his forced music. It's amateur hour, true professionals know when to help spark the crowd and when to let the crowd dictate the atmosphere. New guy is a joke and amateur.

Looking for opinions... What fraction of the crowd makes noise on 3rd/4th downs in areas where you sit? In upper deck it feels like im always 1 of the very few who makes an effort. The vast majority sit and watch without expressing any emotion.

Looking for opinions... What fraction of the crowd makes noise on 3rd/4th downs in areas where you sit? In upper deck it feels like im always 1 of the very few who makes an effort. The vast majority sit and watch without expressing any emotion.
Hardly anywhere but the student and young alumni sections. Unless it's a close game or big game. Fans were pretty lame against Purdue.

Does anyone know if the 'Jersey' hype video in the fourth quarter is online anywhere?

I was about to put on pads and run on the field myself after that.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Does anyone know if the 'Jersey' hype video in the fourth quarter is online anywhere?

Should be played much earlier. Even just before the team leaves the tunnel.

I always do. Plenty of others around me do as well (first few rows of the upper deck around midfield).

Generally I leave the game somewhat hoarse.

Does anybody else find the Jersey Mike Subs race so awful that it's actually good?

I would replace all the current songs with nothing but house music and hand out ecstasy and hard candy to everyone entering the stadium. Turn the entire event into a giant rave, like the cavern rave scene from the Matrix. After any wins we can have a stadium-wide mass orgy.

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Does anybody else find the Jersey Mike Subs race so awful that it's actually good?
Could be one of the worst promos ever. I do not understand why they wouldn't just offer the deal to multiple rows or entire sections versus just one row. It's not like many people actually use the freebie coupon anyway.

Last edited:
I also liked the 4th quarter hype video... in most instances the vids are ok... some much better... the DJ is not good and I’m an old fart who loves House...Trans...Latin Reggae... but he needs to go...if your in my age chances are you understand generational music change... it’s the mix that sucks...face reality we are stuck with it for the year.

Love that the horse video is back. It could be slightly shorter IMO. I would love to follow up the video with a feed of the team going from the locker room to the tunnel. I saw Nebraska do this and man was it impressive. The hallway had lights and the entire length had photo murals on them.
Agree with the DJ and playing the music a little too long before the snap. I always think there will be penalty for not turning the music off.
I do like the chest pump song. I think that should definitely be an RU thing and do it after every touchdown while getting ready for the kick off.
Not sure if the new DJ is that familiar with B1G games or collegiate football games in general. I could be wrong, but it seems that the music is a constant and not as enhancing the experience which should include major play time for the band.

Reactions: koleszar
What I find funny is that I'll be watching an NFL game, and hear the same damn sound effects they blast through our system. How lame.

. I would love to follow up the video with a feed of the team going from the locker room to the tunnel. I saw Nebraska do this and man was it impressive. The hallway had lights and the entire length had photo murals on them.
Didn't we used to do this in the Schiano era? "The Team Has Left The Locker Room!"

I'd turn the volume up more and eliminate the band. I much prefer popular music to shitty marching band music.
Then go get Giants or Jets Tickets. ;)

It's one of the things that make the College Football Gameday experience different. There is no pageantry in tech, house or rap music.

Then go get Giants or Jets Tickets. ;)

It's one of the things that make the College Football Gameday experience different. There is no pageantry in tech, house or rap music.

I know, that's my point - the pageantry does nothing for me - all I care about is the music and I abhor marching band music. I don't love everything the DJ plays, but I like most of it and much prefer loud piped in music. It's not something that affects whether I go to games, but it is my preference.

I know, that's my point - the pageantry does nothing for me - all I care about is the music and I abhor marching band music. I don't love everything the DJ plays, but I like most of it and much prefer loud piped in music. It's not something that affects whether I go to games, but it is my preference.
Again, if we all got a nickel for all your “I’s“, “me’s” and “my’s“...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah that was outstanding. There's a story behind the speech. It's from last year's awards dinner - @MrsScrew was there and can fill in the deets.

Love that the horse video is back. It could be slightly shorter IMO. I would love to follow up the video with a feed of the team going from the locker room to the tunnel. I saw Nebraska do this and man was it impressive. The hallway had lights and the entire length had photo murals on them.
Agree with the DJ and playing the music a little too long before the snap. I always think there will be penalty for not turning the music off.
I do like the chest pump song. I think that should definitely be an RU thing and do it after every touchdown while getting ready for the kick off.
Not sure if the new DJ is that familiar with B1G games or collegiate football games in general. I could be wrong, but it seems that the music is a constant and not as enhancing the experience which should include major play time for the band.
Some of us have been in that Nebraska tunnel.

Funny story...

I was in the production suite of (then) Qualcomm Stadium one late summer day. One of the team's IT guys, who ran the A/V system on game day, taps me on the shoulder and says, "Check this one out". He then queues up an audio track and, during the next break in play, spins it up and cranks the PA volume.

It was the very first time "Who Let the Dogs Out" was played in a professional sports venue.

Sometimes you're honored to be a part of history. Sometimes it's just another Sunday during pre-season.

Funny story...

I was in the production suite of (then) Qualcomm Stadium one late summer day. One of the team's IT guys, who ran the A/V system on game day, taps me on the shoulder and says, "Check this one out". He then queues up an audio track and, during the next break in play, spins it up and cranks the PA volume.

It was the very first time "Who Let the Dogs Out" was played in a professional sports venue.

Sometimes you're honored to be a part of history. Sometimes it's just another Sunday during pre-season.

Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt - and soon to be added - RU4Real.

Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial.jpg

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT