• Any one of the other QBs on the rosters

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
so lets have the views and opinion, on who the starting QB will be....of course the coaching staff decision is the only one that will matter.

Early on 6 votes Rettig 1 vote Laviano....I see Kyle Flood voted early....[roll]

Laviano will start because of prior game time experience..My choice was Rettig last season but he didn't get enough playing time.

I wonder how many of the returning QB's will transfer.

Laviano will start because of prior game time experience..My choice was Rettig last season but he didn't get enough playing time.

I'm not sure how much Ash is going to weigh that game experience, because it doesn't eliminate his main weakness. With an absolute lack of arm talent, he limits an offense. Plus, for much of that game experience he did pretty much nothing of practical application. Four games without touchdown isn't the kind of experience that raises someone in my book.

No idea, just happy we have a coach that won't turn the competition into a farce.

Way too early to tell - especially since there is no way to know how much development & 'fixing' the new staff is going to be able to accomplish with any of these guys.
This is an entirely new staff with a truly new approach - new offensive system and new attitude - and it is very likely that we will see players flourish & grow -
Anticipate that this staff will look deep into the skill set & potential of each player and figure out if there are any adjustments that can be made to optimize their performance.
This staff is genuinely going to 'coach' players to new levels.
So if Laviano sees the field as the starter, it will be because they were able to address his critical issues - If what was shown on the field last year is the best that Laviano can ever do - even with every tip & pointer & tweak & technique refinement - then it is doubtful that Laviano sees much time.

Mehringer on Rettig: "Hayden has come out and thrown the ball very, very well," Mehringer said. "Honestly, from where I thought he would be, he's practiced better than I thought he would, which is very encouraging."

Translation: how was this guy sitting on the bench if the team was 4-8?

I'd like to think that whoever wins the QB competition, he won't be left in to throw 6 interceptions on homecoming. We're trending up already!

Reactions: RU1977
Whoever earns the job will hopefully have a better Oline and not be running for his life.

I refuse to bash Laviano...he is a good kid suffered from some pretty bad coaching....and a porous OLine

I prefer Rettig overall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT