ADVERTISEMENT

These last 4 games ..

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Worst case scenario. We dreaded all year what would happen in the Wisconsin-Michigan-PSU-MSU part of the schedule. Of course, we start to look competent just in time, only losing by 2 TDs to Wisconsin and scoring our most points of the season, then keeping it 10-0 with Michigan at the half, and now today. We thought these would be epic blowouts. But we've looked good enough compared to the first half of the year that Hobbs might keep Ash.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Worst case scenario. We dreaded all year what would happen in the Wisconsin-Michigan-PSU-MSU part of the schedule. Of course, we start to look competent just in time, only losing by 2 TDs to Wisconsin and scoring our most points of the season, then keeping it 10-0 with Michigan at the half, and now today. We thought these would be epic blowouts. But we've looked good enough compared to the first half of the year that Hobbs might keep Ash.
We haven’t looked remotely competent on offense. We learned we have 2 legit running backs, but we still manage to have worst FBS offense.

The offense has been exactly what we expected.
Still worst in the country.

The defense has been adequate since Ash took control.

If Ash never hired Kill....what could have been.

Reactions: MikeRU09

only losing by 2 touchdowns???? are you serious? The point of football is to actually score more points than the opponent. Losing by ONLY 2 touchdowns is never a good thing or a sign of progress. It only means you are a very bad team.

Reactions: NickRU714
only losing by 2 touchdowns???? are you serious? The point of football is to actually score more points than the opponent. Losing by ONLY 2 touchdowns is never a good thing or a sign of progress. It only means you are a very bad team.

Your a Syracuse fan. You might not understand.
Let me translate:

17 points vs. Wisconsin means our most points scored since week 1 against Texas State.

Thats in the whole game - not just a half.
I know that doesnt sound right but trust me. It is.

Keeping games within 2 tds actually is an accomplishment for Rutgers. That means the defense kept them under 40 points.

Imagine if the teams actually tried to blow us out what the scores would've been.

We haven't been able to put pressure on any of the quarterbacks

Your a Syracuse fan. You might not understand.
Let me translate:

17 points vs. Wisconsin means our most points scored since week 1 against Texas State.

Thats in the whole game - not just a half.
I know that doesnt sound right but trust me. It is.

Keeping games within 2 tds actually is an accomplishment for Rutgers. That means the defense kept them under 40 points.
Thank you. My point is, many thought these last 4 would finish off Ash, some predicting we would lose by over 200 combined points. Well unfortunately, the last 4 so far have been our best games of the year besides the opener.

I'd take it this way and it's not related to this staff or anything. I see often here many thinking games against PSU/Michigan/OSU/MSU and maybe Wisconsin are auto losses every time we play them.

Well I'd say with a competent team some of these teams are beatable in any given year and shouldn't be written off as auto losses like some here think. It's just like I've said with WSU/Purdue/Duke...etc...even down trodden programs can be some level of respectable.

The last 3 weeks have been a confirmation that Rutgers will be managing to go 1-11 in a year they have no top 40 OOC opponent and a very down year for the B1G.

Well, it's only going to get worse, because that lack of talent that Ash keeps harping on about, and his lack of recruiting is going to show very quickly how bad he is, if he doesn't get a pink slip this off-season.

Reactions: RUaMoose

Might ? He will. There was never a doubt who was going to win. Only a sucker would buy into this “improvement”. B1G coaches are going easy on Rutgers because they want his sorry ass around

I'm in the camp of teams are looking past us on the schedule to their next opponent. Sadly we need to root for Michigan State to embarrass us or else Ash may stay another year.

Yes agree but overall our offense is a disaster and our recruiting is bad. We will be very bad again next yr

Penn State played like dogshit. Do not get fooled that the last few games mean anything. In fact there things ive seen that confirm Ash is a terrible head man
How about RU played real well you RU fans are HORSES ASSES
You knew that would be the narrative. If RU came in way under the spread it's only because the other team played like shit. Or they were basic. Or they weren't trying hard. Just trying not to get anyone hurt. Ate bad food this morning.

The offense has been exactly what we expected.
Still worst in the country.

The defense has been adequate since Ash took control.

If Ash never hired Kill....what could have been.

If ash didn’t hire kill? Probably 2-10 in 2017

How about RU played real well you RU fans are HORSES ASSES

the offense continues to be atrocious...we have trotted out the worst QB in all of college football week after week and it only took a neglected backup on his senior day to at least showing a small sign of life.

Ash has been a disaster failure from his first season with constant gaffes and mismanagement of coaches and players and direction of the program....stop thinking that was good or improving football you saw today.

Chris Ash must be fired

And yet we will get zero actual wins. Today’s game was RIPE for the taking.
Our guys don't know how to win. That requires a swagger that we are lacking. Only solution will be a class that comes in and brings it against the upperclassmen we have left.

Ok.

Rutgers DEFENSE played real well. Giving up only 20 points should lead to a win.

Rutgets OFFENSE, again, was a HORSES ASS.
To be fair to the coaches, they called a good game. The players just flat out failed to execute. For many of them this should be a good life lesson on its own. Sometimes the other guys are just better. Doesn't mean they can't be beat. But, you can't beat yourself and expect to win.

If ash didn’t hire kill? Probably 2-10 in 2017

Probably. But then in 2018?
Maybe signs of improvement?

Clearly the plan of going to an extremely consevstive offense woth Kill and tjen McNulty hasnt worked.

The offense is actually going backwards and shows no sustainable plan for winning.

Maybe if we stuck with the 2016 plan of an up tempo, power spread, faster offense, by year 3 we might be showing something hopeful.

Probably. But then in 2018?
Maybe signs of improvement?

Clearly the plan of going to an extremely consevstive offense woth Kill and tjen McNulty hasnt worked.

The offense is actually going backwards and shows no sustainable plan for winning.

Maybe if we stuck with the 2016 plan of an up tempo, power spread, faster offense, by year 3 we might be showing something hopeful.

Who knows? Who cares? Fire ash.

Reactions: NickRU714
I know this program has hit rock bottom when Rutgers fans are relieved we've avoided an embarrassing loss and regard this as progress. I admit I believed at the beginning of the season that Ash was building a solid foundation for Rutgers football and that significant progress , maybe even a bowl game , was a possibility. But I was wrong. Yes he identified the infrastructure needed to build the program and I liked his honesty and the way he handled the credit card issues . But his recruiting is mediocre at best and worst of all the coaching talent gaps in his staff. Niemann has been awful --the play by the defense improved significantly once Ash took over the defense. That being said , Rutgers is going nowhere next season unless Ash is replaced. Questions will still remain at QB and recruiting will continue to suffer so long as Ash's future is questionable. Rutgers needs to do what perennial doormat Kansas has done--go out and recruit a HC ( Les Miles) with a proven successful record at the highest levels of football. Absent that the fanbase will continue to question whether Rutgers is willing to make the financial commitment to compete at the highest levels in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers8086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT