ADVERTISEMENT

Through 5 games, Rutgers remains the only team to score a TD against Michigan's starting defense

West Side Blue

Redshirt
Jun 27, 2001
I thought this before the season and it seems to be bearing out - Rutgers would easily win the Big 10 West and has a very rightful claim to being best of the non-OSU/PSU/Michigan bunch in the East. Barring injury, and assuming Wimsatt continues to progress, there is no reason this team can't play with Penn State or Ohio State. Frankly, I'm glad we are past you and played you guys early in the season at home. Schiano is doing a great job, very very tough squad.

I thought this before the season and it seems to be bearing out - Rutgers would easily win the Big 10 West and has a very rightful claim to being best of the non-OSU/PSU/Michigan bunch in the East. Barring injury, and assuming Wimsatt continues to progress, there is no reason this team can't play with Penn State or Ohio State. Frankly, I'm glad we are past you and played you guys early in the season at home. Schiano is doing a great job, very very tough squad.
Will see this weekend. I hope the above statement results in a W against the Badgers. By the way, thanks for the positive response.

Whoa hold on let's see how we do vs Wisconsin, but I love the optimism from a Wolverine fan.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Will see this weekend. I hope the above statement results in a W against the Badgers. By the way, thanks for the positive response.
I honestly like your chances against the Badgers. Camp Randall can be a tough place to play, but having it as a noon (11 am local) start helps quite a bit. Plus I still don't think Wisconsin knows exactly what kind of team it wants to be in this new Fickell era. Rutgers knows exactly what kind of team they want to be. I could see this going either way, but if I had to bet I would take something like a 17 - 10 Rutgers win.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Being able to score 1 TD against Michigan isn't quite enough to say a team would win the Big Ten west. Wait until more games are played.

Reactions: redking and RUBOB72
Big Ten West is struggling right now for sure. Iowa has good D again but another weak offense, and now they may have lost their QB for weeks if not the duration. Wisconsin will be a tough opponent this weekend. The rest of the division looks suspect for sure. The winner of the East looks likely to win big in the conference title game.

Big Ten West is struggling right now for sure. Iowa has good D again but another weak offense, and now they may have lost their QB for weeks if not the duration. Wisconsin will be a tough opponent this weekend. The rest of the division looks suspect for sure. The winner of the East looks likely to win big in the conference title game.
Iowa qb CM is likely out for the season. Just posted in the games thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT