ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices and Stadium Size

fg7321

All Conference
Nov 29, 2009
The RAC renovation is going to maximize premium seating. I'm sure Rutgers has consultants in their ear telling them they have to change the configuration at the expense of "these seats"...Its all about the Benjamins folks. I would bet the football stadium will follow suit one day as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Rutgers1972
Its a bad decision to have a major renovation to the RAC resulting in less seating that is more expensive.Next season Rutgers will have Bailey and Harper which would easily sellout a 12,000 seat arena.Planning for the future should anticipate Rutgers recruiting higher level talent which will be needed in a expanded B1G Ten.

Smaller stadiums help supply & demand
Club seats / suites are the wave of thr future

Along w this, tailgating gets phased out or significantly reduced

• Angry
People aren’t paying attention. The future of in person sports is luxury suites for corporate functions. It’s not about stadium atmosphere or any of that. My employer would gladly set our sales teams, customers, and brokers up with outings at the RAC if those amenities existed, and would pay a premium to do so.

• Sad
But club seats and suits, lol or suites, destroy the very thing that made the arena attractive in the first place. The corporate nonsense is not a fit for college hoops. Not at all sure that boxes needed for college hoops which is a two hour event or accommodating fair weather fans.

The venerated arenas are the ones who don’t go the luxury box route. Cameron Indoor, Allen, Palestra, Hinkle, Assembly, Dayton, Gonzaga, etc. They also happen to be the homes to some of the most impressive programs in the country.

Why would you mess with the home court advantage we have created?

Minnesota and NW have more character than the morgues that are OSU and PSU.

118 may make money but took away from atmosphere. Early on there were some games with a dozen yes a dozen people in 118. Winning is more important than corporate outings.

People who are clamoring for boxes aren’t paying attention. The real money to be made is by TV eyes and WINNING! So mess with a great home court advantage? SMH!

Old Giants Stadium v. Met Life?
“Old Garden” v renovated Garden?
RAC v Trenton Arena?
Old Yankee v New Yankee?
Empty seats behind home plate or a packed RAC with students and fans going bonkers?

Still firmly believe all we need is a new concourse and bathrooms. If you can figure out away to add more seats that’s fine.

If you must, personally I would build the boxes where the current offices are and just expand 118 to look like the student section. The original plans. Can’t be that difficult. Be lot quicker and cheaper too. Build a nice concourse and done.

You put a movie theatre and a diner by the RAC. Why wouldn’t you have a nearby restaurant and/or Sports bar? Students like Buffalo Wings?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers36
The RAC renovation is going to maximize premium seating. I'm sure Rutgers has consultants in their ear telling them they have to change the configuration at the expense of "these seats"...Its all about the Benjamins folks. I would bet the football stadium will follow suit one day as well.

The only way to do a stadium (a future reno) is by consistently winning … winning Championships…and rising to upper top 8-10… we have the space for the expansion of luxury boxes on the West side of SHI. First a new indoor practice facility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT